Windows 10: PC Stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" and BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog" Loop but works in...

Discus and support PC Stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" and BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog" Loop but works in... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi Currently, my PC is stuck in a loop where it will not boot. The loading screen displays indefinitely, and after a hard reset my PC will initiate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by James Brouwer, May 28, 2021.

1. PC Stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" and BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog" Loop but works in...

hi Currently, my PC is stuck in a loop where it will not boot. The loading screen displays indefinitely, and after a hard reset my PC will initiate "Automatic Repair". After a few minutes it will blue screen with the error code "Driver PNP Watchdog", restart and the loop continues.But have taken the SSD out from the PC and put it into another PC laptop and it boots with no issues, advice?

:)

James Brouwer, May 28, 2021
  2. Jenksie98 Win User

PC Stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" and BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog" Loop

Hi,

I would appreciate some help on an issue I may have caused on my Windows 10 PC.

Currently my PC is stuck in a loop where it will not boot. The loading screen displays indefinitely, and after a hard reset my PC will initiate "Automatic Repair". After a few minutes it will blue screen with the error code "Driver PNP Watchdog", restart
    and the loop continues.

One potential cause may have been a change I made the last time the PC was on (yesterday) where I disabled "Compress contents to save disk space" on all folders on the system. Could this have caused my drive to run out of storage and not boot on the next
    restart? Is there any way of fixing this?

Any help much appreciated,

Ewan

Jenksie98, May 28, 2021
  3. Jenksie98 Win User
    PC Stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" and BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog" Loop

HI Dave,

I'm struggling to force the boot into the recovery environment, as on each startup, it alternates between the normal Windows loading screen and the Preparing automatic repair screen. Is there a way to boot into safe mode from the UEFI BIOS?

Thanks,

Ewan

EDIT: Also the "Preparing automatic repair" results in BSOD before I have any option of selecting safe mode

Jenksie98, May 28, 2021
  4. PC Stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" and BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog" Loop but works in...

Inaccessible boot device then driver pnp watchdog

Hi,

So I tried it but after it says "preparing automatic repair" it never loads and I get the same error message: "driver pnp watchdog".

DománSzőke, May 28, 2021
Thema:

PC Stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" and BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog" Loop but works in...

1. PC Stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" and BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog" Loop but works in... - Similar Threads - Stuck Preparing Automatic

2. Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair Loop: Beginning to get very frustrated with this new pc I built. I've had no issues for about two weeks, then I find that an ASUS program was causing bluescreens, and now my pc will not even boot no matter what I've tried. Every time that I turn it in, it tells me "Preparing...
  3. Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair Loop: Beginning to get very frustrated with this new pc I built. I've had no issues for about two weeks, then I find that an ASUS program was causing bluescreens, and now my pc will not even boot no matter what I've tried. Every time that I turn it in, it tells me "Preparing...
  4. stuck at "Preparing for the Automatic repair" loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stuck at "Preparing for the Automatic repair" loop.: Hi,My laptop ACER ASPIRE V3-772G. is stuck at "Preparing for the Automatic repair" loop. It all happened after an incomplete update which was stuck at 98% and the laptop went unresponsive. I uninstalled the updates and system restore to a previous best point using F12. Upon...
  5. stuck at "Preparing for the Automatic repair" loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stuck at "Preparing for the Automatic repair" loop.: Hi,My laptop ACER ASPIRE V3-772G. is stuck at "Preparing for the Automatic repair" loop. It all happened after an incomplete update which was stuck at 98% and the laptop went unresponsive. I uninstalled the updates and system restore to a previous best point using F12. Upon...
  6. stuck at "Preparing for the Automatic repair" loop.

7. Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair loop: What the hell did you put in the optional updates? I can't even get to my boot menu, it's just stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair. I'm NOT HAPPY!! My machine is an Acer ES!-523-41EW, I've tried all the F keys but it won't go into the boot menu. I have a USB Win10 I was...
  8. Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair loop

Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair loop: What the hell did you put in the optional updates? I can't even get to my boot menu, it's just stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair. I'm NOT HAPPY!! My machine is an Acer ES!-523-41EW, I've tried all the F keys but it won't go into the boot menu. I have a USB Win10 I was...
  9. Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair loop: [IMG]When ever i start my pc i usually have to press F12 to get to the screen so i can click on boot manager idk why but the past 2 days when i click on boot manager to boot to windows i get this and then the troubleshoot menu, Ive tried reseting my pc but it says i am unable...
  10. PC Stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" and BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog" Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" and BSOD "Driver PNP Watchdog" Loop: Hi, I would appreciate some help on an issue I may have caused on my Windows 10 PC. Currently my PC is stuck in a loop where it will not boot. The loading screen displays indefinitely, and after a hard reset my PC will initiate "Automatic Repair". After a few minutes it...