Windows 10: PC Stuck in reboot loop

Discus and support PC Stuck in reboot loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I selected the reset my pc using the reset pc option on windows 10 and i said it to remove everything including my personal files... Everything went on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vineeth Aryan, Dec 3, 2019.

1. PC Stuck in reboot loop

I selected the reset my pc using the reset pc option on windows 10 and i said it to remove everything including my personal files... Everything went on smoothly an option called american megatrend appeared and i pressed escape n then it suddenly shut down... Didn't restart even after 5 mins.... So i switched it on

..64% was completed n an error popped up telling unexpected restart n windows installation failed ... Restart to start over again... I tried it like 100 times again the same came... So i googled the error n they told me to press shift + f10 on that screen and open command prompt n change the value of a key to 3 which was 1... It solved the error but my pc from then just completely restarts again and again without an end! Please helpp meee.... And yeah, my windows version is genuine and not any pirated copy...

***Modified title from: Continuos restart of pc***

:)

Vineeth Aryan, Dec 3, 2019

2. Stuck in Reboot loop after power cut

Hi,

We understand your concern and appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to state which troubleshooting steps have you performed bedsides the mentioned to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suspect that you might be stuck in a reboot loop. I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if it helps

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 3, 2019
  4. PC Stuck in reboot loop

Windows 10 stuck in reboot loop

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Community, we apologize for the inconvenience caused and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

As per your query, I am led to believe that you re currently stuck in a reboot loop. I would suggest that you perform power drain and check if you are able to restore back to your normal desktop. To do so follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.
    I would not suggest that you format your hard drive due to the reasons below:

1. If your system was installed with Windows 8.1 at the time of purchase, formatting it will lead to a lost of your product key, as the key is pre injected to the motherboard.

2. You will be unable to activate the OS and you will have to contact your systems manufacturer if you are faced with any driver related issues.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

PC Stuck in reboot loop

1. PC Stuck in reboot loop - Similar Threads - Stuck reboot loop

2. PC Stuck in Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stuck in Reboot Loop: I installed some routine system updates earlier today and now my PC appears to be stuck in a reboot loop. It has been restarting consistent for over an hour. The start screen loads and says ASUS and that updates are installing and then restarts over and over.I've looked...
  3. PC Stuck in Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Stuck in Reboot Loop: I installed some routine system updates earlier today and now my PC appears to be stuck in a reboot loop. It has been restarting consistent for over an hour. The start screen loads and says ASUS and that updates are installing and then restarts over and over.I've looked...
  4. PC Stuck in Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck in a reboot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in a reboot loop: My computer keeps restarting and won't let me do anything with my keyboard to troubleshoot it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-a-reboot-loop/dd649ab4-52aa-46c3-bbf8-0ad0d6206806
  6. Stuck in a reboot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in a reboot loop: My computer keeps restarting and won't let me do anything with my keyboard to troubleshoot it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-a-reboot-loop/dd649ab4-52aa-46c3-bbf8-0ad0d6206806
  7. Stuck in a reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC Stuck in Reboot Loop with no Display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Stuck in Reboot Loop with no Display: My PC has been turned off for about the past six months. After trying to turn it on, my PC began rebooting over and over and I also didn’t have any display on my monitor. I disconnected the GPU, RAM, SSD, HDD and peripherals but it was still stuck in the loop. After...
  9. PC stuck in a reboot loop

PC stuck in a reboot loop: on 04 April 2021, i began experiencing two issues with my computer: 1 some of my keyboard keys would not register on my SKY100-KB, so i switched to a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 600 which functioned properly, and 2 on booting up, i would be met with Windows 10 error code...
  10. Stuck in reboot loop

Stuck in reboot loop: My win 10 patop is stuck in a update / reboot loop It is on 1903 and trying to install 1909 but keeps on telling me rebbooting Why and what can I do to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-reboot-loop/605a9818-d14a-4997-88b3-20dfd2622478