Windows 10: PC stuck in restart loop after latest update

Discus and support PC stuck in restart loop after latest update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After installing the latest Windows updates my PC is now stuck in a restart loop. After showing the Windows logo and the loading circle for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dizatt, Apr 17, 2019.

1. dizatt Win User

PC stuck in restart loop after latest update

After installing the latest Windows updates my PC is now stuck in a restart loop. After showing the Windows logo and the loading circle for a few seconds, it shows "restoring your previous version of Windows" for a split second, and then restarts. I've tried mashing the F8 key to no avail, I've tried creating a bootable USB drive (from a different computer, since mine is currently unusable) with the Media Creation Tool and repairing it from that (and incidentally, when I look at the contents of the C: drive through the command prompt, it appears to be empty except for a folder called boot), and since my Windows 10 installation is an upgrade from Windows 7, I don't have any Windows 10 installation media to try to recover from. Can anyone help me get out of this mess?

:)

dizatt, Apr 17, 2019
  2. SF44 Win User

PC stuck in restart loop!

Windows 10 stuck in restart loop 'your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. My app store wasnt responding so i decided to recover it however I left it on but the next morning
    when i turned it on i started to get an endless loop of 'Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you'

the message pops up for one second and then the dell logo reappears before the blue screen pops back for a second. This just goes on forever with no additional info.

Help plz !

3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Apr 17, 2019
  4. PC stuck in restart loop after latest update

Computer stuck in a restart loop

Hi,

There are several reason why this issue happens. For us to help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps given by Ramesh.Kumar on this thread:

Windows 10 restart loop- can't fix
    . His answer was found helpful by 27 people and we are hoping that you'll be one of them.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

PC stuck in restart loop after latest update

1. PC stuck in restart loop after latest update - Similar Threads - stuck restart loop

2. Stuck on updating/restarting loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on updating/restarting loop: Hi,Last night my computer forced an update when I was shutting it down. It said it would take 5 minutes. It's been 12 hours now and it's stuck in a loop. It starts by booting up and displaying the Dell logo, then it says Updates are underway please keep your computer on, then...
  3. Stuck on updating/restarting loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on updating/restarting loop: Hi,Last night my computer forced an update when I was shutting it down. It said it would take 5 minutes. It's been 12 hours now and it's stuck in a loop. It starts by booting up and displaying the Dell logo, then it says Updates are underway please keep your computer on, then...
  4. My PC is stuck is restart loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC is stuck is restart loop.: Hi Team,My PC is stuck in a restart loop, and I lost the windows CD that I got while purchasing the PC.Please help me out with how to reboot it.Just for information, I got windows 8 when I bought my laptop after then it got upgraded to windows 10....
  5. Stuck in restart loop after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in restart loop after restart: I restart my PC and it is stuck in a restart loop. I waited for 1 hour and a half but it won’t go into automatic repair. It just shows the start up screen with the HP logo and the loading circle as usual. But when the logo and the circle thing disappears, it reappears a few...
  6. Stuck in restart loop after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in restart loop after restart: I restart my PC and it is stuck in a restart loop. I waited for 1 hour and a half but it won’t go into automatic repair. It just shows the start up screen with the HP logo and the loading circle as usual. But when the logo and the circle thing disappears, it reappears a few...
  7. Stuck in restart loop after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Stuck in boot loop after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in boot loop after latest update: I came home today and my laptop must've done an update while I was away somehow. It continuously cycles through screens that say things like "removing latest update" and "automatically repairing". I have no restore point. I have no boot device. I try to do a system reset and...
  9. PC stuck on a loop of restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck on a loop of restarting: Everytime I shutdown and turn on or restart my PC, it says “getting windows ready, do not turn off your computer” then it fails and restarts and dea the same exact thing again. Is there any kind of fix to this? Because my PC takes over 30 minutes just to get to the login...
  10. Stuck in restart loop after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck in restart loop after update: I had a bigger update automatically download and install today. It said Windows may need to restart several times during the update. It has been stuck in a restart loop for several hours now. Laptop switches on, after about 15 seconds says restarting and the cycle repeats...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows new update stuck on restarting

2. after 1903 update computer goes to we will restart for you have to reinstall