Windows 10: PC Stuck on Pacific Time

Discus and support PC Stuck on Pacific Time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Windows 10 PC is stuck on Pacific Time UTC -08:00, however, I am in Southeast Asia UTC +07:00. When "Set Timezone Automatically" is turned on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HamoodHabibi, Aug 29, 2020.

1. PC Stuck on Pacific Time

My Windows 10 PC is stuck on Pacific Time UTC -08:00, however, I am in Southeast Asia UTC +07:00. When "Set Timezone Automatically" is turned on it goes to Pacific Time. When I try to change my timezone manually in the settings menu, it will say I am on Southeast Asia Time, but the clock on the PC won't update, and when I close then reopen the settings menu it goes back to Pacific Time.

I also tried changing the time itself manually, and this somewhat works. It changes the time shown on the clock to what I want, but the time shown in programs such as Discord or my Web Browser is still Pacific Time.

I have also tried using Command Prompt, more specifically "sfc /scannow" and "tzutil /s SE Asia Standard Time" but neither has worked. When I use scannow one of two things happens, either the scan goes through and nothing changes. Or the scan doesn't progress, and still nothing changes. When I use tzuitl, I am met with the message "TZUTIL: Invalid number of arguments for /s."

I have also noticed other minor issues, such as being unable to change the colour of the taskbar and start menu, as when I try to do so the option is grayed out.

Is there another way to change my timezone, or just repair my files?

:)

HamoodHabibi, Aug 29, 2020

2. Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to set the correct time zone on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Are you logged in to the PC as an Administrator user?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the below steps to re-register windows time service.

1. Click on Start menu and type
      CMD, right click on CMD and select Run as Administrator.
    2. Copy and paste the command and press Enter:
      w32tm /register
    3. Restart the PC and then try setting the time Zone

Also, we would suggest you to check the Windows time service.

1. Press Window + R key and type
      services.msc, click OK
    2. Scroll down and select
      Windows time
      service
    3. Double click on the service and set the
      Startup type to Automatic
    4. Then Start the service.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account for troubleshooting purpose and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 29, 2020
  3. wolfaust Win User
    Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers [PS4]

Published by Kalypso Media, Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers lets players experience intense air combat from both sides of the war. Advances in aerial technology revolutionized air combat during WWII — and the gripping aerial battles of the Second World War have now also found their way onto the PlayStation 4 system. Step into the boots of Admiral Lucas Stark (US Navy) and coordinate the defence of Pearl Harbor and the liberation of the Pacific Ocean — or win honour and glory for the Japanese empire as Admiral Hideaki Hashimoto (Imperial Japanese Army).

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers PlayStation 4 Edition
    • Play two campaigns revolving around historically significant aircraft carriers — either for the US Navy or the Imperial Japanese Army
    • Step into the cockpit of 18 famous airplane types, such as the Japanese A6M "Zero" and the Aichi D3 "Val," or the American F4F "Wildcat" or F4U "Corsair"
    • Command an entire squadron and lead your unit to victory
    • Experience the most famous battles of the Pacific Theatre and fly missions located in Midway, Pearl Harbor, and Wake Island
    • Put your flying abilities to the test in 4 different online multiplayer modes, including aerial and aircraft carrier battle
    PS4 Exclusives:
    • 7 new airplanes, including the ME109, Hawker Sea Hurricane, or F6F "Hellcat"
    • Head tracking ability with PlayStation Camera
    Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers PlayStation 4 Edition is available today across as a boxed retail version for £34.99/€39.99/$39.99 (SRP) or via digital download on the PlayStation Store.

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers - Release Trailer PlayStation 4 (English)

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers - Release Trailer PlayStation 4 Screenshots

PC Stuck on Pacific Time P2McwrV.jpg

PC Stuck on Pacific Time wnjbvQK.jpg

PC Stuck on Pacific Time nVDNlrk.jpg

PC Stuck on Pacific Time SonCPVP.jpg

PC Stuck on Pacific Time JllGs7Q.jpg

wolfaust, Aug 29, 2020
  4. PC Stuck on Pacific Time

Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

I am unable to change my time zone via the Windows Settings tool. Every time I select the dropdown window for changing the time zone, it opens and allows me to select my new time zone, but does not update or change anything. I am able to manually modify
    my time but not my time zone. When I close and reopen the settings window for Date and Time, it has reverted to Pacific Time. Attempts to get my time from PowerShell have shown that it is stuck in Pacific time zone and does not change when I select a new time
    zone. Enabling Windows Time has not helped either. A scan of my device has shown that it was not in any way corrupted.

I am running the most updated version of Windows 10 Home and my location settings are disabled. Enabling my location has not resolved the problem.

DoDisplayNamesEvenMatter, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

PC Stuck on Pacific Time

1. PC Stuck on Pacific Time - Similar Threads - Stuck Pacific

2. Login screen stuck solution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screen stuck solution.: My windows 10 laptop stucked at login screen on loading I restarted so many times. I watched videos but anything is not working even at safe mode it shows my pin is incorrect. Please anyone can solve this, help me....
  3. Login screen stuck solution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screen stuck solution.: My windows 10 laptop stucked at login screen on loading I restarted so many times. I watched videos but anything is not working even at safe mode it shows my pin is incorrect. Please anyone can solve this, help me....
  4. Login screen stuck solution.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there.": Got a new Computer, set it up with win11, and it autoupdated yesterday. It did not finish and got stuck on the boot screen: "Customizing features for you. You're 98% there. Please keep your computer on."I restarted a couple of times, but it always ends up there. When...
  6. Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there."

Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there.": Got a new Computer, set it up with win11, and it autoupdated yesterday. It did not finish and got stuck on the boot screen: "Customizing features for you. You're 98% there. Please keep your computer on."I restarted a couple of times, but it always ends up there. When...
  7. my downloading speed stuck at 30mbps while on my wifi speed is 100mbps and on my phone it's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my downloading speed stuck at 30mbps while on my wifi speed is 100mbps and on my phone it's...: my laptop is acer nitro 5 i7 12th gen and rtx 4070ti and i use wifi option and my internet speed stuck at 30mbps while on other hand on phone and other laptop i got full 100mbps speed...
  8. Stuck on lets connect you to a network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on lets connect you to a network: Im reinstalling windows onto my laptop via a usb. When i got to the lets connect to a metwork screen nothing pops up. When i try doing shift + f10 or fn+shift+f10 it doesnt pull up the command prompt. Really frustrated...
  9. my downloading speed stuck at 30mbps while on my wifi speed is 100mbps and on my phone it's...

my downloading speed stuck at 30mbps while on my wifi speed is 100mbps and on my phone it's...: my laptop is acer nitro 5 i7 12th gen and rtx 4070ti and i use wifi option and my internet speed stuck at 30mbps while on other hand on phone and other laptop i got full 100mbps speed...
  10. Stuck on lets connect you to a network

Stuck on lets connect you to a network: Im reinstalling windows onto my laptop via a usb. When i got to the lets connect to a metwork screen nothing pops up. When i try doing shift + f10 or fn+shift+f10 it doesnt pull up the command prompt. Really frustrated...