Windows 10: PC stuck on Shutting Down page

Discus and support PC stuck on Shutting Down page in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi My work PC is stuck on the shutting down screen. It has been like this for over 3 hours now. The circle of dots keeps moving round but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FionaColquhoun, Oct 29, 2019.

1. PC stuck on Shutting Down page

Hi My work PC is stuck on the shutting down screen. It has been like this for over 3 hours now. The circle of dots keeps moving round but nothing else is happening. I have switched the computer off and left it but when I go back to it the same screen reappears. How can I stop it and get back into my PC? Any tips?

:)

FionaColquhoun, Oct 29, 2019

2. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 29, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Nate W.H. Win User

PC stuck on Shutting Down page

Windows Phone OS7.10.8112.7 (Step 6)

Hi XemnessLive,

You can find many solutions for update issues listed on the following page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484

The suggestions listed for the errors of the phone being stuck in download mode and stuck at OEM splash screen may be helpful along with the general steps listed at the beginning of the article.

Please let me know if these suggestions are able to help you update.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

PC stuck on Shutting Down page

1. PC stuck on Shutting Down page - Similar Threads - stuck Shutting Down

2. Stuck on shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on shutting down: Hi, I need help with my windows 10/11 computer and they get stuck on shutting down. I tried replacing the hard drive I backed up all of my data and replaced it to the other hard drive and also I tried an SSD and they didn’t fix it I tried. I enabled status, messages and...
  3. Stuck on shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on shutting down: Hi, I need help with my windows 10/11 computer and they get stuck on shutting down. I tried replacing the hard drive I backed up all of my data and replaced it to the other hard drive and also I tried an SSD and they didn’t fix it I tried. I enabled status, messages and...
  4. Stuck on shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck in Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Shutting Down: My laptop has been stuck in shutting down lately then blue screen right after. May I ask how to solve this? Thank you.PS: I have included the dump files in the link below.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amvk0yAZWVBkmVKmxyCi2jzOlAOk?e=AE8dji...
  6. Stuck in Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Shutting Down: My laptop has been stuck in shutting down lately then blue screen right after. May I ask how to solve this? Thank you.PS: I have included the dump files in the link below.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amvk0yAZWVBkmVKmxyCi2jzOlAOk?e=AE8dji...
  7. Laptop is stuck at shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop is stuck at shut down: I have recently done a clean reinstall of windows 10. Earlier I had no issues but now whenever I shut down my laptop its stuck at the shutting down window. I left my laptop at the shut down window hoping that it will shut down eventually but it remains stuck so I forced shut...
  8. Laptop is stuck at shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is stuck at shut down: I have recently done a clean reinstall of windows 10. Earlier I had no issues but now whenever I shut down my laptop its stuck at the shutting down window. I left my laptop at the shut down window hoping that it will shut down eventually but it remains stuck so I forced shut...
  9. Stuck at shutting down screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at shutting down screen: my laptop is stuck on shutting down screen and keyboard is not working what should i do?plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-at-shutting-down-screen/89b0b937-1d81-44ca-b98f-3607b1756228
  10. Stuck at shut down screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at shut down screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Furthestsauce50 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mlq7vn/stuck_at_shut_down_screen/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows tablet stuck on shutting down page