Windows 10: Pc stuck

Discus and support Pc stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I decided to install newest windows update that was available because option popped out, and thinking its a little update, taking maximum up to 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by German Bichkovich, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Pc stuck

I decided to install newest windows update that was available because option popped out, and thinking its a little update, taking maximum up to 30 minutes agreed for it to install on spot.

After 2 hours of waiting i saw that update was stuck on 19% completion, before being stuck on 5, 6, etc.

I thought update bugged so so restarted pc in hopes it would fix the issue.

Launching pc message 'Undoing changes made to your computer...' is present.

I've tried launching safe mode by restarting pc 3 times in a row but i couldn't, it just shows the same message.

Laptop is from ASUS, if it matters.

:)

German Bichkovich, Sep 22, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 22, 2019
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Pc stuck

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Pc stuck

1. Pc stuck - Similar Threads - stuck

2. my downloading speed stuck at 30mbps while on my wifi speed is 100mbps and on my phone it's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my downloading speed stuck at 30mbps while on my wifi speed is 100mbps and on my phone it's...: my laptop is acer nitro 5 i7 12th gen and rtx 4070ti and i use wifi option and my internet speed stuck at 30mbps while on other hand on phone and other laptop i got full 100mbps speed...
  3. Stuck on lets connect you to a network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on lets connect you to a network: Im reinstalling windows onto my laptop via a usb. When i got to the lets connect to a metwork screen nothing pops up. When i try doing shift + f10 or fn+shift+f10 it doesnt pull up the command prompt. Really frustrated...
  4. my downloading speed stuck at 30mbps while on my wifi speed is 100mbps and on my phone it's...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my downloading speed stuck at 30mbps while on my wifi speed is 100mbps and on my phone it's...: my laptop is acer nitro 5 i7 12th gen and rtx 4070ti and i use wifi option and my internet speed stuck at 30mbps while on other hand on phone and other laptop i got full 100mbps speed...
  5. Stuck on lets connect you to a network

Stuck on lets connect you to a network: Im reinstalling windows onto my laptop via a usb. When i got to the lets connect to a metwork screen nothing pops up. When i try doing shift + f10 or fn+shift+f10 it doesnt pull up the command prompt. Really frustrated...
  6. I am trying to do a backup and my computer is stuck.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to do a backup and my computer is stuck.: I am trying to do a backup and my computer froze. I am stuck at file history backup log. ***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Subscription, account, billing / For business / Other ***...
  7. win.11, update stuck ---- frustration.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win.11, update stuck ---- frustration.: Spent hours upgrading from w.10 to w.11. There has got to be a better way. Searched this forum and the web, then tried suggestion A, then researched some more and tried B, C, etc.. FINALLY worked after I un-installed 3 apps:Team ViewerNitroVM playerThen ran the troubleshooter...
  8. win.11, update stuck ---- frustration.

win.11, update stuck ---- frustration.: Spent hours upgrading from w.10 to w.11. There has got to be a better way. Searched this forum and the web, then tried suggestion A, then researched some more and tried B, C, etc.. FINALLY worked after I un-installed 3 apps:Team ViewerNitroVM playerThen ran the troubleshooter...
  9. Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading

Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading: I logged in to my old laptop to recover some files and it was a bit slow to even start and just for a note i have not used it in about 8 months. After i had logged in there was a message on my desktop letting me know about a new windows update. I had tried clicking on it and...
  10. Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading: I logged in to my old laptop to recover some files and it was a bit slow to even start and just for a note i have not used it in about 8 months. After i had logged in there was a message on my desktop letting me know about a new windows update. I had tried clicking on it and...