Windows 10: PC stucks on Desktop in normal mode, and in safe mode it's impossible to run any program...

Discus and support PC stucks on Desktop in normal mode, and in safe mode it's impossible to run any program... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an asus PC with Windows 10. Only 1 user account on it, with NO administrator privileges. PC hardware is working fine (I guess), I say this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EmanueleFava, Oct 2, 2018.

1. PC stucks on Desktop in normal mode, and in safe mode it's impossible to run any program...

I have an asus PC with Windows 10. Only 1 user account on it, with NO administrator privileges. PC hardware is working fine (I guess), I say this because I can perfectly use this PC with a different operating system if booted from pendrive. So the issue lies in Windows.

Boot process, up to user login page, is perfectly OK.

Error:

After login, it take a very long time to display Desktop and related icons (like 10-15 minutes). Then, when everything seems to be loaded, even if mouse is moving correctly, it's impossible to do anything: at first action (try to open a folder, try to open Task Manager with CTRL+ALT+CANC, or whatever), PC stucks, meaning that from now on the mouse loading icon will be displayed forever (the only possible recovery is a manual hard shutdown by pressing the power button for 5 seconds). An interest behavior to be reported is that Desktop seems to reboot automatically from time to time: the bar at the bottom of the screen (I mean the one containint Cortana Search bar, the quick launch icons, and so on) remain displayed, but the rest of Desktop (all icons, files and folders) disappears for a while and then appears again, slowly. This happens automatically.

Attempts to fix:

1) I tried to fix it using the repair tools that are available by pressing F8 button during boot. It didn't work.

I tried them all, one by one (when I say all, I mean literally ALL) but no one worked. For different reasons, each of them failed, with proper Windows error messages stating that each procedure couldn't be completed (in these cases warning messages are generic, they don't provide any useful info).

2) Then I tried with Safe Mode. It didn't work.

In this mode Windows seems to load correctly, it takes around 5 minutes but in the end Desktop seems to be loaded and working. I can browse folders, plug and use a USB pendrive, use Start button, use command line, enable Windows Installer service, reach Control Panel. Unfortunately, as soon as I try to launch any program (antimalware, web browser, Task Manager) PC stucks again as it does in normal mode: loading icon displayed forever. From now on, the only possible recovery is again a manual hard shutdown. Wait lot of time doesn't have any effect, PC is perfectly stuck.

3) Last idea was to install again Windows: unfortunately, Windows was pre-installed on PC when I bought it, so I don't have any installation CD/DVD. And, my huge falut, I didn't create any recovery/repair DVD. So, It didn't work.

Do you have any idea?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

:)

EmanueleFava, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Oct 2, 2018
  3. PC stuck in Safe mode, unable to boot to Normal mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What error do you get when you try to boot in normal mode?
    • Did you entered Safe mode through Windows Recovery Environment or through System Config?

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig and hit enter.
    • On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
    • On the Boot tab, uncheck all the option under Safe mode.
    • Tap or click OK, when you are prompted to restart the computer, tap or click Restart.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 2, 2018
  4. PC stucks on Desktop in normal mode, and in safe mode it's impossible to run any program...

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

PC stucks on Desktop in normal mode, and in safe mode it's impossible to run any program...

1. PC stucks on Desktop in normal mode, and in safe mode it's impossible to run any program... - Similar Threads - stucks Desktop normal

2. HDD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode: Everything was fine a few days ago, and sudden after I restarted my PC, my PC cannot connect my D drive HDD drive. But when I enter safe mode, everything still work as the bug never happened!Every times I boot in normal mode and enter disk management, I can see the D...
  3. PC stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck in safe mode: My pc has been stuck in safe mode and i am in loop of continuing and then going back to safe mode. I have tried downloading windows onto my usb and putting the usb as the first boot loader but that doesn't work either because it keeps taking me back to the safe mode page....
  4. PC stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stuck in safe mode: My pc has been stuck in safe mode and i am in loop of continuing and then going back to safe mode. I have tried downloading windows onto my usb and putting the usb as the first boot loader but that doesn't work either because it keeps taking me back to the safe mode page....
  5. PC stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. PC working in safe mode but not normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC working in safe mode but not normal: Hello everyone. So, my problem started like 2 weeks ago. While watching a youtube video my pc crashed and shut down, i try to boot it up and nothing. I open it up and remove all the cabels and put it back in and it was working normally for 3,4 days, after that it would...
  7. SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode: Strange problem. An SSD drive I have and which was accessible until a few days ago, cannot now be accessed via Windows 10 in normal mode. In 'Normal Mode,' the drive shows up in the BIOS, shows up in Disk Manager, show up in File Explorere but when I click on the drive I...
  8. how to change safe mode to normal mode

how to change safe mode to normal mode: I have searched everywhere to change safe mode can't open apps ,Cortana or sound notification telling me can not access in safe mode this is a h-p laptop HELP...
  9. PC stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC stuck in safe mode: PC is stuck in safe mode. Cannot get to login screen, just keeps trying to repair and it can't. Nothing has worked so far. ACER PC, windows10 HELP!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-in-safe-mode/8886bc15-7d7a-46fd-89e2-a8aa2bbae705
  10. How to know my pc is in safe mode or normal mode.

How to know my pc is in safe mode or normal mode.: How to know my pc is in safe mode or normal mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-my-pc-is-in-safe-mode-or-normal-mode/91f69900-8542-4f27-8992-f9cb9c4e08f8