Windows 10: PC suddenly became dangerously slow!

Discus and support PC suddenly became dangerously slow! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I play mostly PC games, my PC can run them quite well I have 0 issues since I built it a couple years ago. I work in the evenings, so when I turned my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gilescore, Mar 12, 2018.

1. gilescore Win User

PC suddenly became dangerously slow!

I play mostly PC games, my PC can run them quite well I have 0 issues since I built it a couple years ago. I work in the evenings, so when I turned my PC to go to work, I came home later that night to realise my PC suddenly became super slow, I have an SSD and it takes about 20 seconds to boot, I turned it on this evening to find it taking nearly 5 Minutes to boot to the Log in screen. After logging in the and getting to the Desktop I find the icons on my task bar taking minutes to even load. None of my startup programs started like my Keyboard manager or MSI afterburner. I find Chrome to be working perfectly fine, but every other program I try to run it takes ages and just crashes on me when i'm trying to use it. I looked up and I both scanned my memory and my HDD andno issues where found I don't know why this has happened and I don't know what to do.

SPECS

CPU : AMD FX 8350 BLACK EDITION
    MOTHERBOARD : MSI 970 GAMING
    GRAPHICS CARD : SAPPHIRE AMD R9 380 4GB
    MEMORY : CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO SERIES 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3
    SSD : SAMSUNG 2.5 INCH 120 GB EVO
    HDD: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 3.5 INCH 2TB 7200RPM

:)

gilescore, Mar 12, 2018

2. Windows 10

Suddenly my start button stopped working. After rebooting my computer everything was fine but my PC became super slow. What can I do?

NirankushSarkar, Mar 12, 2018
  3. Issues after upgrading to windows 10

I upgraded to windows 10 few days ago but after that upgrading i am facing many issue.. my pc has became very very slow. i can't even use it, windows store isn't working it is reinstalling again and again, when i opening some apps or software suddenly
    it shows that your pc ran onto a problem and restart it,when i turn on or off wifi pc hang and i have to tun it off by power cut. please please slove this issue i can't handle it.. and pc has became like useless very slow.. please help ASAP.

AbdullahMemon001, Mar 12, 2018
  4. BRKKAB Win User

It sounds like you picked up a malware infection to be quite honest.
    Run full scans with your antivirus software & Malwarebytes Anti_Malware Free Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software and remove anything either find.

BRKKAB, Mar 12, 2018
  5. gilescore Win User
    I’ve ran multiple malware scans and nothing has came up I use malwarebyes on a regular basis

gilescore, Mar 12, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    That's a seriously powerful machine. Are you sure the cooling is still working properly? Heat could be an issue, throttling back the CPU perhaps?

Or do you overclock and perhaps have cooked the processor once too often?

7. gilescore Win User
    I have found the issue, it seems the be my HDD I've now ran into a different issue. Since looking into my hardware I disconnected and reconnected my HDD to see if that solved the issue after doing so the HDD has went missing on my PC?

gilescore, Mar 12, 2018
  8. BRKKAB Win User

Seagate's known for their hard drives failing just after the warranty ends.
    I've had every Seagate drive fail within 1 - 1/2 weeks after the warranty ended.
    Western Digital's don't do that.
    My old pc still has a a working W.D. Caviar Black from 9/2009 in it, that's now been in 3 different pc's.

BRKKAB, Mar 12, 2018
  9. BRKKAB Win User
    Your issue that you just stated now sounds I dentical to the old Barracuda 3TB h.d.d. I had in this pc.
    Windows would frequently stop seeing it after a few minutes.
    I replaced it with a Western Digital and haven't had a single issue with it now.
    I do still have one Seagte external h.d.d., but it's being replaced in a few month's.
    At this point from my experience, I'll buy any other companies h.d.d.'s, other than Seagate's.
    Every other companies seem of superior quality.
    Same goes for ssd's. For them Samsung is the best just for Samsung Magician being superior to any other ssd companies software.

BRKKAB, Mar 12, 2018
  10. gilescore Win User
    I found the issue to the missing HDD it appears that the power cable to the HDD was loose and I didn’t notice it. After reconnecting the hard drive I ran into the same issue I was having earlier about the slow performance so I guessed maybe the files have corrupted and are causing the issue. After formatting the HDD I am still having the performance issues

gilescore, Mar 12, 2018
  11. zinou Win User
    Hi @gilescore
    We need to know what your system is doing during the boot in order to identify the culprit. Here is what you have to do:

- Download and Install windows Performance Toolkit https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ed/adk-install . Choose the package corresponding to your Windows version.
    - Record a trace using Windows Performance Recorder using these options: JustPaste.it - Share Text & Images the Easy Way
    - Compress the resulting file (Important)
    - Share it through TransferNow or any other file sharing platform.

I'll analyze your trace file and give you a feedback.

See you…

zinou, Mar 12, 2018
  12. gilescore Win User
    Here you go mate

www.transfernow.net/727ck315j9hn

gilescore, Mar 12, 2018
  13. zinou Win User

I don't have enough time to analyze the boot trace now, but at first glance your problem is related to your second disk (HDD).

Does your HDD contains systems files? When you unplug it does your system boot correctly ?

I'll look indepth to the boot trace this evening;

PC suddenly became dangerously slow! [​IMG]

zinou, Mar 12, 2018
  14. BRKKAB Win User
    You never stated this in the thread.
    Is Windows on the ssd or the hdd?
    Have you removed the temporary files, optimized/defragmented, etc.?
    Have you run Check Disk on the ssd and hdd?
    All things you need to do.
    If the ssd and hdd maintenance aren't done, of course your pc is gonna get slow.

BRKKAB, Mar 12, 2018
  15. gilescore Win User
    The windows drive is on the SSD, I actually took out the HDD and it worked perfectly I formatted the drive and still no fix I think the HDD has just died on me

gilescore, Mar 12, 2018
Thema:

1. PC suddenly became dangerously slow! - Similar Threads - suddenly became dangerously

2. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  3. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  4. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  6. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  7. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC became slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC became slow: 1st problem is that when ever i boot up it stays on black screen for about 2minutes or 1minute then it start normal boot up. before putting pw. 2nd one is the microsoft store does not work after i reset it i tried all things that was said on other same questions as mine but...
  9. Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything.: My PC runs Windows 10, all the fans are working everything seems to be powered but when I start the pc, it is really slow. In games where I had 200+ FPS do I now have below 10 FPS. We have done multiple antivirus tests and that is not the problem. No big programs are opened...
  10. Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything.: My PC runs Windows 10, all the fans are working everything seems to be powered but when I start the pc, it is really slow. In games where I had 200+ FPS do I now have below 10 FPS. We have done multiple antivirus tests and that is not the problem. No big programs are opened...