Windows 10: PC suddenly got very slow overnight

Discus and support PC suddenly got very slow overnight in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Basically I turned my PC on and the boot time suddenly got significantly slower. Not only that but opening programs on it takes a while too. And of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ken S12, May 26, 2023.

1. Ken S12 Win User

PC suddenly got very slow overnight

Basically I turned my PC on and the boot time suddenly got significantly slower. Not only that but opening programs on it takes a while too. And of course it interferes with gaming performance giving it more stutters and that is not ideal at all lol. It happened the day after I shutdown my PC using the timed shutdown command on cmd shutdown -s -t . Boot times take about a minute and a half now which normally takes less than 20 secs before. Same with shutdown speed which is significantly slower as well.Here's the list of things I've done to try to fix it: System file checker sfc /scanno

:)

Ken S12, May 26, 2023

2. Extremely slow pc suddenly windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 suddenly my pc is extremely slow any suggestions please

johnsonconnie, May 26, 2023
  3. John Vil Win User
    PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, May 26, 2023
  4. zinou Win User

PC suddenly became dangerously slow!

I don't have enough time to analyze the boot trace now, but at first glance your problem is related to your second disk (HDD).

Does your HDD contains systems files? When you unplug it does your system boot correctly ?

I'll look indepth to the boot trace this evening;

PC suddenly got very slow overnight 180741d1520953211t-pc-suddenly-became-dangerously-slow-capture.png

PC suddenly got very slow overnight 180742d1520953231t-pc-suddenly-became-dangerously-slow-capture1.png

PC suddenly got very slow overnight 180743d1520953246t-pc-suddenly-became-dangerously-slow-capture2.png

zinou, May 26, 2023
Thema:

1. PC suddenly got very slow overnight - Similar Threads - suddenly got very

2. Computer got slow overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer got slow overnight: I had a windows update last night before I went to bed and when I woke up today, I noticed my PC is performing half the performance It used to a day ago.I tried uninstalling windows update but It didnt fix it.I tried so many things that was mentioned here in similar posts but...
  3. Computer got slow overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer got slow overnight: I had a windows update last night before I went to bed and when I woke up today, I noticed my PC is performing half the performance It used to a day ago.I tried uninstalling windows update but It didnt fix it.I tried so many things that was mentioned here in similar posts but...
  4. Computer got slow overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ethernet speed very slow overnight on my PC

Ethernet speed very slow overnight on my PC: My computer download and upload speeds are sitting at around 1 mbps when my connection is 50mbps on all other devices. I’m trying to update my network drivers yet I don’t know which one to download for windows 10 pro. I currently have the intel R 1211 gigabit network...
  6. PC became very slow basically overnight

PC became very slow basically overnight: I didn't update my windows for a few days, when I did my whole computer got messed up, I'm not saying it's the update but it happened same day.It was update "windows update kb5027122".First I noticed that my cpu usage was high so I changed my thermal paste and I cleaned out...
  7. PC became very slow basically overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC became very slow basically overnight: I didn't update my windows for a few days, when I did my whole computer got messed up, I'm not saying it's the update but it happened same day.It was update "windows update kb5027122".First I noticed that my cpu usage was high so I changed my thermal paste and I cleaned out...
  8. PC became very slow basically overnight

9. PC suddenly got very slow overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly got very slow overnight: Basically I turned my PC on and the boot time suddenly got significantly slower. Not only that but opening programs on it takes a while too. And of course it interferes with gaming performance giving it more stutters and that is not ideal at all lol. It happened the day after...
  10. PC suddenly got very slow overnight

PC suddenly got very slow overnight: Basically I turned my PC on and the boot time suddenly got significantly slower. Not only that but opening programs on it takes a while too. And of course it interferes with gaming performance giving it more stutters and that is not ideal at all lol. It happened the day after...