Windows 10: PC suddenly started restarting much slower for no reason

Discus and support PC suddenly started restarting much slower for no reason in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, there's really no background to this as I noticed it only a few days ago. When restarting, it now hangs on "Restarting" screen for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/durrburger93, Dec 28, 2019.

1. PC suddenly started restarting much slower for no reason

As the title says, there's really no background to this as I noticed it only a few days ago. When restarting, it now hangs on "Restarting" screen for a few minutes, so booting up is still fast but it takes much longer for the PC to "start" restarting. Windows is installed on an SSD so no idea why this started happening...

submitted by /u/durrburger93
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/durrburger93, Dec 28, 2019

2. Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Dec 28, 2019
  3. PC won't boot up suddenly

I was hoping that by now someone on this forum could recommend some steps i can take to repair my desktop pc. I outlined the problem and steps i have taken so far. I still havent found the reason for the problem or figured out a solution. I guess no one can offer me any additional suggestions to help. Thanks anyway.

bearcatjer, Dec 28, 2019
  4. PC suddenly started restarting much slower for no reason

Pc startup screen sleepmode and pc suddenly slower

Hi Adriaan,

Based on your description of problems 2-4, it seems that your computer is experiencing over heating issue. Overheat warning signs are the following:

• Unusual fan sound
    • Slow down
    • Crashing, hanging or bluescreen error
    • PC going to sleep like mode

To avoid permanent damage, when a CPU reached its max temperature allowed, it will throttle itself. Reducing its clock speed or suddenly stopping its processes to lessen the heat production. With that said, I suggest that you monitor your CPU temperature.
    You may check it on BIOS or by installing a 3rd party device temperature monitoring app. Here are the suggestions to avoid overheating issues:

• Check if your CPU fan is working properly.
    • Dust buildup can cause device to overheat. Keep it clean.
    • Check heatsink if seated properly and if there is a sufficient thermal paste.

You may also want to use this tool to check for any hardware issues on your computer. This
    tool for the performance issues.

To improve your PC performance, please refer to this article.

Regarding your question, I think it has something to do with the undischarged electricity from your power supply. It happens to me when I'm not able to properly shutdown my PC.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Gemzon Mar, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

PC suddenly started restarting much slower for no reason

1. PC suddenly started restarting much slower for no reason - Similar Threads - suddenly started restarting

2. Sudden restart with unknown reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden restart with unknown reason: My new laptop suddenly restarts after like 15-30 mins of playing a game with no BSOD, I did a hardware scan and everything was okay.My laptop also doesn't heat up while playing and I did the chkdsk and sfc /scannow commands and everything was okay.My drivers are also up to...
  3. Sudden restart with unknown reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden restart with unknown reason: My new laptop suddenly restarts after like 15-30 mins of playing a game with no BSOD, I did a hardware scan and everything was okay.My laptop also doesn't heat up while playing and I did the chkdsk and sfc /scannow commands and everything was okay.My drivers are also up to...
  4. PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.: I was just using my PC when it suddenly started taking ages to open programs, running games at marginally lower fps than usually. Something else that happened at the same time was that my PC fans which are usually pretty loud became very quiet, but are still running. It...
  5. PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.: I was just using my PC when it suddenly started taking ages to open programs, running games at marginally lower fps than usually. Something else that happened at the same time was that my PC fans which are usually pretty loud became very quiet, but are still running. It...
  6. PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 PC Got Slower For No Reason.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PC Got Slower For No Reason.: I have recieved this pc from my father last year, I used to run 60 fps on games like GTA, Call Of Duty Modern Warfare, and now i run all games in under 10 fps! The only thing that i changed was the storage. 1 to 3 tb It just slowly got worse and slower. I ran many malware...
  8. Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged: In the past few weeks, I've found that my VIAO laptop has become much, much slower, especially when not plugged in. It'll often take full minutes to load a site. It's a lot better though when it's plugged in but immediately slows down again as soon as I unplug it, even if it...
  9. Samsung 960EVO, suddenly random IOPS read is much slower

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung 960EVO, suddenly random IOPS read is much slower: When bench-marking my 960 EVO with Samsung Magician it's now much slower for random IOPS read and I can't figure out why. I have made sure I have the latest drivers etc but nothing helps. [img] 161668
  10. PC is much slower when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC is much slower when unplugged: When I have my PC plugged in, it's running great (I checked in task manager, the clock speed hovers around the high end of 3.xx GHz). However, as soon as I unplug it, performance drops (the CPU speed visibly, immediately drops to around 1 GHz). The PC is still usable when...