Windows 10: Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

Discus and support Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys,My pc was working fine until one day it stopped detecting all my hard drives and sent me straight to BIOS, In BIOS it does not show any hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NatalieS18, Oct 7, 2023.

1. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

Hello guys,My pc was working fine until one day it stopped detecting all my hard drives and sent me straight to BIOS, In BIOS it does not show any hard drives, I plugged my bootable windows usb to the setup and it did not detect them there also. I have a Gigabyte B450 pro Aorus. Here are the solutions I have tried:changing sata ports, still same issueI bought a new power supplyI bought a new motherboardusing new sata cables, still same issueI bought a new SSD and NVME m.2 these are also not detectingI have moved the ports for the new ssd and nvme but still not detectingupdated my bios, they ar

:)

NatalieS18, Oct 7, 2023

2. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

Hello guys,

My pc was working fine until one day it stopped detecting all my hard drives and sent me straight to BIOS, In BIOS it does not show any hard drives, I plugged my bootable windows usb to the setup and it did not detect them there also. I have a Gigabyte B450 pro Aorus. Here are the solutions I have tried:

• changing sata ports, still same issue
    • using new sata cables, still same issue
    • I bought a new SSD and NVME m.2 these are also not detecting
    • I have moved the ports for the new ssd and nvme but still not detecting
    • updated my bios, they are still not detecting
    • I have checked the specs of the new hardware I bought and they are compatible with my motherboard but still not detecting.
    Please help me out! Let me know if you need more info about my PC! Thank you!!!

NatalieS18, Oct 7, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Internal hard drive not getting detected after upgrading the computer to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading your computer to Windows 10, the 8TB internal hard drive is not getting detected. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• How did you upgrade the computer to Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see the hard drive in BIOS?
    • Are you using a Desktop or a Laptop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer you are using?

I would suggest you to check if the hard drive is being detected in BIOS. If the hard drive is not being detected in BIOS, then it could be a connectivity issue between the hard drive and the motherboard.

However, if the hard drive is getting detected in BIOS, I would suggest you to try updating the storage drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and see if that helps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 7, 2023
  4. pooker Win User

Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

windows 7 not detecting hard drive

I have this model WD5000AAKS

It prompts me to load a driver, but according to the windows website, it should not. This hard drive is detected in my bios, but not by the OS. This is a fresh install, and there is currently no OS installed on this hard drive.

Does anyone have any solutions for me to try?

Thanks

pooker, Oct 7, 2023
Thema:

Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

1. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows. - Similar Threads - suddenly stopped detecting

2. My External hard drive suddenly stop being detected by my laptop. This is the second time...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My External hard drive suddenly stop being detected by my laptop. This is the second time...: I have an external hard drive and it suddenly stop being detected by the laptop.Now this is the second time it happends the first time i turn on my computer and connect the harddrive and it just didnt detect it anymore...I forgot about it since i try different things and...
  3. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.: Hello guys,My pc was working fine until one day it stopped detecting all my hard drives and sent me straight to BIOS, In BIOS it does not show any hard drives, I plugged my bootable windows usb to the setup and it did not detect them there also. I have a Gigabyte B450 pro...
  4. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.: Hello guys,My pc was working fine until one day it stopped detecting all my hard drives and sent me straight to BIOS, In BIOS it does not show any hard drives, I plugged my bootable windows usb to the setup and it did not detect them there also. I have a Gigabyte B450 pro...
  5. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

8. BIOS / hard drive problem, Windows suddenly deactivated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    BIOS / hard drive problem, Windows suddenly deactivated?: Hi. I had some other issues with my pc which ended up with me unplugging the SATA cables connecting my hard drive and my SSD and reinserting it all. Previously I was having trouble where the PC wouldn’t boot up properly and got stuck with BIOS errors. After reinserting the...
  9. BIOS / hard drive problem, Windows suddenly deactivated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS / hard drive problem, Windows suddenly deactivated?: Hi. I had some other issues with my pc which ended up with me unplugging the SATA cables connecting my hard drive and my SSD and reinserting it all. Previously I was having trouble where the PC wouldn’t boot up properly and got stuck with BIOS errors. After reinserting the...
  10. BIOS / hard drive problem, Windows suddenly deactivated?