Windows 10: PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices

Discus and support PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Up until a few months ago this Samsung 9Plus was able to see all other devices on the LAN but now can see none including printers. I've scoured the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RanaldMilne, Oct 16, 2021.

1. PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices

Up until a few months ago this Samsung 9Plus was able to see all other devices on the LAN but now can see none including printers. I've scoured the internet to solutions and there have been some bizarre ones but to no avail. What is the best way forward please? I'm prepared to pay someone a reasonable price to take a look, if necessary.

:)

RanaldMilne, Oct 16, 2021

2. LAN Port stopped working suddenly

Hello everyone,

I came home yesterday to find that my PC in my specs had no Internet connection. I narrowed it down to be the PC itself and not any cables/modem/router etc. Now I went ahead and tried uninstalling and installing the LAN drivers again but it doesn't detect a LAN port.

At this point it gives me an error message and states that the Realtek Ethernet Controller could be in "Deep Sleep Mode". To connect the cable to get it going. However cable is connected and verified to work.

I've googled intensively and have tried many suggestions such as certain command prompts, registry edits, special permissions, and different methods of installing the drivers.

Is my LAN Port dead, or something else might be the issue? Please note we did have a power outage yesterday as my other PC had also restarted like the one with the problem did. The second PC is perfectly fine though. Any other suggestions and/or advice? Thanks in advance. *Toast :toast:

Chicken Patty, Oct 16, 2021
  3. ffrree Win User
    File sharing on LAN suddenly stopped

My two desktops on the same LAN, connected to the same router, suddenly stopped being able to share files. It was working just a few days ago. Let's day, the desktops are "A" and "B", and the router name is "R"

Both pc sees two media devices, Computer "A" and Router "R", nothing else.

I check the network discovery is ON, everything else is working fine, Internet access is perfect.

Plese advise what to look for. I never change the network setting on any of them, Why would they work so unreliabily.

My Windows on both PC has been update online all the time.

cheers

ffrree, Oct 16, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices

1. PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices - Similar Threads - suddenly stopped seeing

2. PC suddenly stops recognizing bluetooth headphones as output devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly stops recognizing bluetooth headphones as output devices: While watching a youtube video I pressed the left key to go back 5 seconds and suddenly lost sound. When I checked the Bluetooth menu in settings both headphones had moved from Audio to other devices. I tried removing them and re adding them but when either of them connected...
  3. PC suddenly stops recognizing bluetooth headphones as output devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC suddenly stops recognizing bluetooth headphones as output devices: While watching a youtube video I pressed the left key to go back 5 seconds and suddenly lost sound. When I checked the Bluetooth menu in settings both headphones had moved from Audio to other devices. I tried removing them and re adding them but when either of them connected...
  4. PC suddenly stops recognizing bluetooth headphones as output devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices: Up until a few months ago this Samsung 9Plus was able to see all other devices on the LAN but now can see none including printers. I've scoured the internet to solutions and there have been some bizarre ones but to no avail. What is the best way forward please? I'm prepared...
  6. PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices: Up until a few months ago this Samsung 9Plus was able to see all other devices on the LAN but now can see none including printers. I've scoured the internet to solutions and there have been some bizarre ones but to no avail. What is the best way forward please? I'm prepared...
  7. PC stop working suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC stop working suddenly: PC stop working and shutdown suddenly and when I review problems report I found the fowling issue raptly in same date and time: SourceWindows Biometric ServiceSummaryStopped workingDate‎7/‎9/‎2021 6:26 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  8. File sharing on LAN suddenly stopped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing on LAN suddenly stopped: My two desktops on the same LAN, connected to the same router, suddenly stopped being able to share files. It was working just a few days ago. Let's day, the desktops are "A" and "B", and the router name is "R" Both pc sees two media devices, Computer "A" and Router "R",...
  9. Wireless LAN Driver suddenly stopped working

Wireless LAN Driver suddenly stopped working: Hi, Recently, my wireless LAN driver has stopped working. The only thing which I'm aware of which could've caused this is probably my constantly putting my laptop to sleep. I didn't install any new software recently, and upon checking, my Windows is currently up to date....
  10. Cannot See Bluetooth device in wireless devices suddenly!

Cannot See Bluetooth device in wireless devices suddenly!: I was using my laptop did a regular windows update but now when i started my laptop i saw that there is no bluetooth option availible in windows devices neither in action center !!! I checked in device manager and i shows mediatek bluetooth adapter and says the device is...