Windows 10: PC suddenly turning into Sleep Mode

Discus and support PC suddenly turning into Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I connect to the internet, my pc will suddenly sleep even when i am using it. Though it only happens once every session I mean when I open my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Trisha Micaela Pagaragan, Apr 12, 2021.

1. PC suddenly turning into Sleep Mode

Whenever I connect to the internet, my pc will suddenly sleep even when i am using it. Though it only happens once every session I mean when I open my pc now and connect it to the internet, it will sleep after a couple of minutes, and when I will purposely turn in to sleep mode and open again later, it won't automatically sleep. But when i shut it down, and open again later and connected to the internet, it will surely randomly Sleep, even while I'm using it

:)

Trisha Micaela Pagaragan, Apr 12, 2021

2. PC suddenly turns a sleep mode

I work on my PC but it suddenly goes to sleep. It is not the only problem. Sometimes the apps I am actively using are maximizing automatically.

breeferenc, Apr 12, 2021
  3. PC turns on straight away after sleep mode is on

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you system is still on even if the sleep mode option is turned on. This might be due to the change in the power plan settings.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Type Power Options and then Enter.
    • In the left pane Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Select Restore default settings on this plan.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Wingo101 Win User

PC suddenly turning into Sleep Mode

Is it safe to put your pc in sleep mode?

My pc goes to sleep after about 1 hour of idle time. Is it safe to put the pc in sleep mode?

Won't it decrease the lifetime of the gpu, cpu, etc. If they are turned off and on straight-away?

Wingo101, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

PC suddenly turning into Sleep Mode

1. PC suddenly turning into Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - suddenly turning Sleep

2. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  3. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  4. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleeping mode - PC turns on by itself

Sleeping mode - PC turns on by itself: Some times it turns on immediately and some times it takes some hours after I select sleep mode. I already disabled "Allow wake timers" in Advanced settings / Power Opitions and saw a couple ways to fix this problem which involves the command "powercfg -lastwake" in the cmd...
  6. PC in Sleep Mode!

PC in Sleep Mode!: Do we have to leave the mouse on when in sleep mode? Only when I go to switch the mouse off it then awakens the PC. My older system we had to switch both off Thank you.........
  7. PC Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Sleep Mode: Hi, Years ago i belive i installed some type of software that makes my display go into sleep mode and shows a vidoe of colours and lights but i no longer want this as its annoying when im trying to read something and the display goes off every minute or so, i cant find any...
  8. Suddenly pc will not stay in sleep mode.

Suddenly pc will not stay in sleep mode.: The screen goes black and the sleep indicator light begins flashing, but after a few seconds it returns to the log on screen. Why and how to make it stay asleep?...
  9. PC suddenly turns a sleep mode

PC suddenly turns a sleep mode: I work on my PC but it suddenly goes to sleep. It is not the only problem. Sometimes the apps I am actively using are maximizing automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-suddenly-turns-a-sleep-mode/3cb80c8e-e1c5-4ac6-a170-6d1b18094238"
  10. PC Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Sleep Mode: After a period of inactivity, my PC goes into a mode where it shows pictures from my files. This is fine and I like this feature. However, this seems to take place after one minute of inactivity. How can I lengthen the interval before this takes place?...