Windows 10: PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

Discus and support PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Microsoft may be gung-ho about upgrading your PC to Windows 10, but some of the company's partners aren't quite as enthusiastic about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 5, 2015.

1. PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10 [​IMG]

Read more: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/su...iss-windows-10

:)

Cluster Head, Nov 5, 2015

2. Recycle Bin Corrupted error message and cannot change the background settings on the PC in Windows 10.

Please tell me how the Microsoft Tech Support Rep can get away with causing further damage to my system and there not be any repercussions. This rep needs to be reprimanded. She also left a "MediaCreationTool" app behind on my desktop. Is there any possible
    way to restore my system back before my PC automatically updated the Windows 10 November Update???

This is not acceptable. I am in school and I have assignments that I need to finish and student files that I can no longer access.

Sugar Beats, Nov 5, 2015
  3. jerryfie Win User
    Blocked at "What needs your attention" screen when upgrading

It tells me to manually uninstall Virtual PC 2007, which is weird because I am upgrading from Windows 7 SP 1 Home Premium, which does not have Virtual PC! I looked in Control Panel and Windows Update just in case but no trace of this program anywhere.

What to do to get past this screen? I spent 2 hours with a MS rep this morning on support and she had no clue either.

Here is a screen cap.

jerryfie, Nov 5, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

I am more than happy with Windows 10 but for best experience you really need to clean install. Upgrading seems to cause so many issues specially from Windows 7.

swarfega, Nov 5, 2015
  5. It's probably time to uinstall the support reps...

Olivir2014, Nov 5, 2015
  6. unifex Win User
    I never understood the logic of upgrading the OS on an existing PC. Why even bother? Don't you have anything better to do?

unifex, Nov 6, 2015
  7. gtspeck Win User
    Guess I'm one of those that have nothing better to do.*Huh I upgraded from XP, Vista, and Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have always wanted to stay with the times at the same time pushing my working laptop to the limit. Works for me!*Wink

gtspeck, Nov 6, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I guess it's either really early in the day and my brain is not working because that statement is not really totally clear to me. How else would anyone upgrade from one OS to another without .. "upgrading"?? So far the process has been fully tested and it works fine for the vast majority of users.

Could you elaborated on your post please??
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 6, 2015
  9. unifex Win User
    Why does one need to upgrade? Is the old OS no longer working? Is there a program one wants to run that works only with the new OS? I mean, the mere fact that they made a new product is not a reason to "upgrade".

Sure, I'm testing W10 out of curiosity. But on a separate machine. And frankly, I don't see any reason to migrate my work machine. I just don't see anything in W10 that W7 cannot do, at least as far as my needs and the programs I'm using. The fact that the design is flat and square does not help the case either. But the main question has nothing to do with design. It's simply that my work machine is working well. Why would I want to mess with it?

unifex, Nov 6, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    I think that the main reason to upgrade is because Win7 support is going to end eventfully and Win10 is the future. I agree that for some users Win7 is still a good functioning OS and keeping it makes sense to them. I just think that the upgrade makes sense to me..

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 6, 2015
  11. unifex Win User
    That's five years from now. I am sure that five years from now I will have a newer PC which will run newer software. To be honest, my hope is that they will come up with something better then W10 in the mean time or at least adapt the UI to be more usable on the desktop.

unifex, Nov 6, 2015
  12. GAS
    Gas Win User
    Hi all,
    This is an intriguing question and asking to myself why do I like/want upgrade my OS' the answer to me is: an OS is like a car, after few years it become older noisy and worn, don't you get bored driving the same old car?
    New models are shining, with better optionals, are almost noiseless, they are more environment friendly not to mention the new factory made smell.

Could this be the answer to this kind of philosophical question? *chuckle

13. Victek Win User

I think this a point of view that needs to be understood and appreciated more. OEM PCs are designed and tested to work with a specific OS and I don't blame them for being reluctant to support OS upgrading. I advise my customers to check with the OEM to find out if their particular model is listed as compatible with Windows 10 before they try the upgrade; if not then don't, or least don't expect support from the OEM if there are problems. I say this also because I don't want people to see me as responsible if the upgrade doesn't work out. Also there's an important difference between supporting the upgrade and educating users about how to use new OS features. For instance I wouldn't expect OEM customer support to explain to me how Cortana works. People should turn to Microsoft to learn how to use new features in the OS.

There's another important issue which is average users are extremely averse to change. When Windows 7 users ask me if they should upgrade to Windows 10 I say that they will not experience any significant benefit and there will be a learning curve. That often discourages them and I think that's just fine. Many people are no longer interested in upgrading after learning that they're not missing out on anything. For Windows 8 users it's not as simple. If they hate 8 then I advise them to upgrade (after checking with the PC OEM as well as the printer OEM, etc). If they're gotten used to 8 then often I just install Classic Shell so they have the added convenience of the Start Menu and they're happy.

Victek, Nov 6, 2015
  14. rfruth Win User
    Nothing against support reps but if someone upgrades they may not buy a new PC as soon & upgrades usually mean more support *Sleepy

rfruth, Nov 6, 2015
  15. groze Win User
    I never knew an OEM to actually support any operating system that is upgraded to newer version of windows even if you paid for an extended support service.

groze, Nov 6, 2015
Thema:

1. PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Support Reps Tell

2. PSA: Support Rep says 3 year Extended Service Update is $300

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA: Support Rep says 3 year Extended Service Update is $300: Pretty much the title. Talked to a service rep. If you want ESU for three years will cost consumers $350. The more you know. submitted by /u/Low-Reputation-8317 [link] [comments]...
  3. How do I get back to the chat history with a microsoft support rep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back to the chat history with a microsoft support rep?: after the chat ended it redericted me to a feedback page without the possibility to go back to the chat history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-back-to-the-chat-history-with-a/e71a94d9-1b9e-47da-a17c-84d78c5fd028
  4. I NEED TO TALK TO A REP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I NEED TO TALK TO A REP: I NEED TO DELETE A WORK ACCOUNT THAT HAS TAKEN OVER ADMIN RIGHTS TO CERTAIN APPS AND I DON'T WORK THER ANY MORE. basically, I WANT TO KILL WIN11 AN START OVER. I HAVE TRIED RESTORE DISKS AND EVERY OPTION DESCRIBED BUT I CAN'T GET RID OF THE PROFILE AND IT AS LOCKED ME OUT OF...
  5. Windows 10 tells me that the version support will end shortly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 tells me that the version support will end shortly.: Hello, I have the following problem with windows 10, I am running version 1909, but when I check the version installed it say version 1903. So Why is windows 10 telling me that support for the version of windows 10 is ending soon. Any help to fix this issue would be...
  6. Windows 10 tells me support for the version is coming to end.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 tells me support for the version is coming to end.: Hello, I run windows 10 1909 but now I get a messge telling me that support for the version of windows 10 that I am running is ending soon. Can someone tell me the version above 1909 please and how I download it. Thanks Matthew...
  7. Incompetent Microsoft Rep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incompetent Microsoft Rep: This is the worse advisor representing Microsoft, and I needed to highlight her name.. She is useless, and reflects badly on the brand. Her name is Dhanalakshmi. She lent no measurable help, and couldn't care less how long she keeps you waiting. what a wasted resource...
  8. Images for support rep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Images for support rep: No driver updates: [ATTACH] Look at this image, you can see how small windows thinks it is [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/images-for-support-rep/648d02d0-609b-4263-9f04-ab4b40cf618b
  9. Windows keeps deactivating, Microsoft reps just do a slui 4 activation then tell me my...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows keeps deactivating, Microsoft reps just do a slui 4 activation then tell me my...: So I had a windows 7 cd key did the normal upgrade to 10 during the rollout. I had 10 working fine this way for a long time with no deactivation problems. Recently I did a system restore and since then I've had a really irritating issue. My computer has been deactivating once...
  10. HP Support Uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Support Uninstall: Not having a HP PC these two programs are not letting me remove them. Do I need them. (1) HP Support Solutions Framework and (2) HP Support Assistant I believe these were added as 3rd party due to a previous HP Printer installation which I no longer have 27419