Windows 10: PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

Discus and support PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Although I am not a Justin Bieber fan *Wink I have both hobby and work computers. I did upgrade my hobby computer to Windows 10, because I don't mind... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 5, 2015.

1. PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

Although I am not a Justin Bieber fan *Wink I have both hobby and work computers. I did upgrade my hobby computer to Windows 10, because I don't mind (much) if something breaks (nothing broke so far).

However, threads like this makes me pause as to upgrading my work computer (currently running Windows 8.1 without any problems) any time soon. And if I miss the free year and have to pay for the upgrade, so be it.

Any guesses from the folks here when Windows 10 will be ready for 'work' ?

FrozenCursor, Nov 7, 2015
  2. tlarseth Win User

I had massive issues with system overheating for some odd reason after doing an upgrade from 8.1 to 10, but once I did a fresh install of 10 no overheating.

tlarseth, Nov 7, 2015
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    This is because they're too lazy to learn the OS to provide adequate troubleshooting. It's much easier to blame MS and tell people to uninstall the OS then it is to learn it.

Pure laziness.

sygnus21, Nov 7, 2015
  4. Atomic77 Win User

PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

its probably because the pc support hasn't had enough experience with windows 10 yet to know anything about it.

Atomic77, Nov 7, 2015
  5. BillyBob Win User
    When it gets near the end of the free period do a full backup of your work computer and check it out to make sure it works, then upgrade to 10 to see if that works, if it doesn't you have the 8.1 backup. It's up to you, but that's what I'd do if I were worried about breaking something.
    Another thing I do is buy a new HDD, put 10 on that and your work programmes to see if it all works, if not stick your old HDD back in and carry on.

BillyBob, Nov 7, 2015
  6. fredc Win User
    Theres no question that there are many average everyday computer users on these forms throughout the day and night just looking for info and help of some kind for Win 10 .

I would say it's a mix of half and half .

fredc, Nov 7, 2015
  7. Hah, can't afford to experiment with my work computer like that at all. It will be more like "don't fix/upgrade it if it isn't broke". I will simply be vigilant about threads like this, sense when professionals/commerce start adopting Windows 10, etc. Hope that won't be too far off in the future, but I am far from sure.

8. BillyBob Win User

Fair enough, if you're unsure at all better off to leave it.

BillyBob, Nov 7, 2015
  9. It is not only me, this is not the only forum where I tossed up the question. There seems to be no signs of early adoption of Windows 10 for work related use.

Makes me wonder what the 100 millions are that Microsoft is touting, all enthusiasts and techies?

10. Trust_No1 Win User
    Personally, Windows 10 will not run software I am using, so it is a no brainer, I won't upgrade. I think W10 is a downgrade. I hope eventually it will just fade away. There is just nothing I like about the OS.

I don't like Edge, I think Cortana is a bore, I think the interface is ugly and boring, it's apps are lame. The app store is lacking, why would anyone update, just because it is new? Sounds like a bogus reason to me.

The Reps are spot on, as far as I can tell.

Trust_No1, Nov 7, 2015
  11. I am surprised you would ask this... If not for the new features (Cortana, Edge, Live Tiles, Store Apps, and much more), you gain extended support.

DustSailor, Nov 7, 2015
  12. Barman58 Win User
    Most OEM tech support is performed by robots working from a script, they are almost as bad as people from Geeksquad and the like. Unfortunately the script they use is a short one ...

• Explain to customer that "they" have done something wrong and the system has to be re-set to factory condition, Rest to factory condition
    • Refer to No 1

Barman58, Nov 7, 2015
  13. GAS
    Gas Win User

May I ask what you exactly mean saying "for work related use"? personal or company work?

14. sygnus21 Win User
    I'm curious as to what specific software you're using that Windows 10 can't handle? Perhaps your software is in dire need of upgrade?

With this blanket statement, please... do tell???

sygnus21, Nov 7, 2015
  15. I meant work to earn money, e.g. office work using computers.

Thema:

1. PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Support Reps Tell

2. PSA: Support Rep says 3 year Extended Service Update is $300

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA: Support Rep says 3 year Extended Service Update is $300: Pretty much the title. Talked to a service rep. If you want ESU for three years will cost consumers $350. The more you know. submitted by /u/Low-Reputation-8317 [link] [comments]...
  3. How do I get back to the chat history with a microsoft support rep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back to the chat history with a microsoft support rep?: after the chat ended it redericted me to a feedback page without the possibility to go back to the chat history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-back-to-the-chat-history-with-a/e71a94d9-1b9e-47da-a17c-84d78c5fd028
  4. I NEED TO TALK TO A REP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I NEED TO TALK TO A REP: I NEED TO DELETE A WORK ACCOUNT THAT HAS TAKEN OVER ADMIN RIGHTS TO CERTAIN APPS AND I DON'T WORK THER ANY MORE. basically, I WANT TO KILL WIN11 AN START OVER. I HAVE TRIED RESTORE DISKS AND EVERY OPTION DESCRIBED BUT I CAN'T GET RID OF THE PROFILE AND IT AS LOCKED ME OUT OF...
  5. Windows 10 tells me that the version support will end shortly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 tells me that the version support will end shortly.: Hello, I have the following problem with windows 10, I am running version 1909, but when I check the version installed it say version 1903. So Why is windows 10 telling me that support for the version of windows 10 is ending soon. Any help to fix this issue would be...
  6. Windows 10 tells me support for the version is coming to end.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 tells me support for the version is coming to end.: Hello, I run windows 10 1909 but now I get a messge telling me that support for the version of windows 10 that I am running is ending soon. Can someone tell me the version above 1909 please and how I download it. Thanks Matthew...
  7. Incompetent Microsoft Rep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incompetent Microsoft Rep: This is the worse advisor representing Microsoft, and I needed to highlight her name.. She is useless, and reflects badly on the brand. Her name is Dhanalakshmi. She lent no measurable help, and couldn't care less how long she keeps you waiting. what a wasted resource...
  8. Images for support rep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Images for support rep: No driver updates: [ATTACH] Look at this image, you can see how small windows thinks it is [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/images-for-support-rep/648d02d0-609b-4263-9f04-ab4b40cf618b
  9. Windows keeps deactivating, Microsoft reps just do a slui 4 activation then tell me my...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows keeps deactivating, Microsoft reps just do a slui 4 activation then tell me my...: So I had a windows 7 cd key did the normal upgrade to 10 during the rollout. I had 10 working fine this way for a long time with no deactivation problems. Recently I did a system restore and since then I've had a really irritating issue. My computer has been deactivating once...
  10. HP Support Uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Support Uninstall: Not having a HP PC these two programs are not letting me remove them. Do I need them. (1) HP Support Solutions Framework and (2) HP Support Assistant I believe these were added as 3rd party due to a previous HP Printer installation which I no longer have 27419