Windows 10: PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

Discus and support PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Clean installs from W7, W8 & W8.1. All 3 without a problem and the new OS seems more stable and now I only have to remember one system. I updated one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Buck Win User

PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

Clean installs from W7, W8 & W8.1. All 3 without a problem and the new OS seems more stable and now I only have to remember one system. I updated one machine as soon as I was able to and used it as a guinea pig. Waited for 2 months and then upgraded the other 2. I totally like the new OS and am very satisfied with the change.

2. GAS
    Gas Win User

I have a small Home LAN 2 desktops 1 Laptop 1 Tablet (surface RT) 1 netbook, we use them for working and amusement and except for the "Surface" they are all upgraded/clean installed W10, it took me a weekend to set all up with sw, updates, drivers and perifpherals and everything works fine.
    FYI, I tested W10 for 1 week on my own Desktop.
    But at this point is kind of "philosophy" and it's a very personal decision.

3. BillyBob Win User
    Yeah well now you're talking rubbish.

BillyBob, Nov 7, 2015
  4. PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

I will send my 2 grand daughters over to teach you and others on office work,
    They are both in business both use windows 10 all day every day running their burger business and doing orders and spread sheets etc,
    I do their tax returns using windows 10
    We have a Wi-Fi printer that works well both with laptops, computers and smart phones.
    So there has to be some other reason you are having issues.
    Did you update drivers etc before you upgraded.
    When I say burger business I mean over 50 units rented out and they have to put it all on laptops, smart phones and come back and transfer it all
    Not once since upgrading have they had trouble

Talking a lot of rot or they don't know what they are doing

hTconeM9user, Nov 7, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    Yup, there are probably a lot who just need answers and have come here to find them. I know, because I was told about EightForums quite sometime back because I was new to Windows 8 (whattamess!).

Granted, I'm far from a newbie on computers, but for my money, this is the place to get help (or even give answers), whether you're a newbie or a guru.

Wynona, Nov 7, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    I've read the whole thread and one thing I see that's missing:

Major OEMs should have been (and probably were) testing Windows 10 from the time the Technical Preview was released.

These OEMs are building and selling Windows 10 computers right now, so they should have the where with all to support Windows 10.

Generally, Microsoft offers product to corporations, partners and OEMs for testing with the Technology Adoption Program (TAP) and Rapid Deployment Program (RDP), ways for Microsoft to get early feedback on new products or product updates so I'm really surprised that they seemingly know almost nothing about Windows 10.

Wynona, Nov 7, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    They know enough to say: "THAT" PC needs to be reset to the old OS, if you want Windows 10, buy a new one from us." They are not so dumb as people think.

Cliff S, Nov 7, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

+1.. It's all about OEM's making sales.

BunnyJ, Nov 7, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    *Thumbs*Roflmao2 Yup, but I was trying to be logical (and nice).

Wynona, Nov 7, 2015
  10. GAS
    Gas Win User
    It seems not everyone appreciate logic and kindness.*Wink

11. They don't want people upgrading they want to sell you new all the time but offer you nothing hardly on a trade in
    I prefer to upgrade and use the computer/laptop I trust and have got used to how it works and acts.

12. Good for you who use their Windows 10 for work, you are early work pioneers.

As I wrote further above, I have no issues with Windows 10 on my hobby computer either. I have used one my Office 365 subscriptions on that hobby computer, have a shared WiFi printer on my home LAN, etc., nothing of the usual stuff broke so far.

You missed that what I pointed out is something completely different, i.e. there are no early work pioneers on a couple of forums where I tossed up the issue, except that early work pioneers have come forward on this forum just now, surprise, surprise.

I myself have no problems at all playing pioneer for my hobby computer, but I prefer not to play pioneer for my work computer, the more so as I have no issues with my work computer either. I will wait until positive reviews on 'Windows 10 for work/office/business/commerce', etc. have become more common, it is a new OS after all.

FrozenCursor, Nov 7, 2015
  13. GAS
    Gas Win User

you are right, but as for nowdays way of life "busines is business"*Devil*cry

14. BunnyJ New Member
    I would think as long as all of the programs a work environment uses on Win10 it's ready for work usage. And to be honest why would someone post when things .. well just work. Usually the people who do are the ones that have either questions or issues with the OS.

I don't blame you for not wanting to make the switch but to claim that it's not ready for "work" is .. well an overstatement.

IMO

YMMY
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 7, 2015
  15. I might do what my grand daughter does every 3 years upgrade her car so she does not have to MOT it.
    Being as my laptop is not that old I wont bother
    also if still working ok then will just keep it updated with drivers until such time as it breaks my last laptop lasted me 5 years and I passed it onto my friend to learn on and it is still going ok.
    He only goes on line for news and you tube so windows 7 does him.

Thema:

1. PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Support Reps Tell

2. PSA: Support Rep says 3 year Extended Service Update is $300

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA: Support Rep says 3 year Extended Service Update is $300: Pretty much the title. Talked to a service rep. If you want ESU for three years will cost consumers $350. The more you know. submitted by /u/Low-Reputation-8317 [link] [comments]...
  3. How do I get back to the chat history with a microsoft support rep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back to the chat history with a microsoft support rep?: after the chat ended it redericted me to a feedback page without the possibility to go back to the chat history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-back-to-the-chat-history-with-a/e71a94d9-1b9e-47da-a17c-84d78c5fd028
  4. I NEED TO TALK TO A REP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I NEED TO TALK TO A REP: I NEED TO DELETE A WORK ACCOUNT THAT HAS TAKEN OVER ADMIN RIGHTS TO CERTAIN APPS AND I DON'T WORK THER ANY MORE. basically, I WANT TO KILL WIN11 AN START OVER. I HAVE TRIED RESTORE DISKS AND EVERY OPTION DESCRIBED BUT I CAN'T GET RID OF THE PROFILE AND IT AS LOCKED ME OUT OF...
  5. Windows 10 tells me that the version support will end shortly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 tells me that the version support will end shortly.: Hello, I have the following problem with windows 10, I am running version 1909, but when I check the version installed it say version 1903. So Why is windows 10 telling me that support for the version of windows 10 is ending soon. Any help to fix this issue would be...
  6. Windows 10 tells me support for the version is coming to end.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 tells me support for the version is coming to end.: Hello, I run windows 10 1909 but now I get a messge telling me that support for the version of windows 10 that I am running is ending soon. Can someone tell me the version above 1909 please and how I download it. Thanks Matthew...
  7. Incompetent Microsoft Rep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incompetent Microsoft Rep: This is the worse advisor representing Microsoft, and I needed to highlight her name.. She is useless, and reflects badly on the brand. Her name is Dhanalakshmi. She lent no measurable help, and couldn't care less how long she keeps you waiting. what a wasted resource...
  8. Images for support rep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Images for support rep: No driver updates: [ATTACH] Look at this image, you can see how small windows thinks it is [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/images-for-support-rep/648d02d0-609b-4263-9f04-ab4b40cf618b
  9. Windows keeps deactivating, Microsoft reps just do a slui 4 activation then tell me my...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows keeps deactivating, Microsoft reps just do a slui 4 activation then tell me my...: So I had a windows 7 cd key did the normal upgrade to 10 during the rollout. I had 10 working fine this way for a long time with no deactivation problems. Recently I did a system restore and since then I've had a really irritating issue. My computer has been deactivating once...
  10. HP Support Uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Support Uninstall: Not having a HP PC these two programs are not letting me remove them. Do I need them. (1) HP Support Solutions Framework and (2) HP Support Assistant I believe these were added as 3rd party due to a previous HP Printer installation which I no longer have 27419