Windows 10: PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

Discus and support PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some people like to have the latest features or simply be on the latest possible OS/firmware for their particular hardware. However let's not forget... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 5, 2015.

1. fredc Win User

PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

Yeah , some people also like to upgrade their smart phones every time a new model comes out just because it's new, is it really worthwhile and does the new one offer so much more , not in my opinion.

If your happy with Win 10 thats great but it still doesn't allow the customization and control you had with 7 but that seems normal , every new OS you lose more of your ability to set it up like you want.

My biggest gripe isn't with all the privacy issues or even the forceful tactics MS is using to get people to upgrade .

My biggest disappointment is not being able to easily remove a lot of the stuff i know i will never use , it's way too troublesome to get rid of a lot of the stuff and you should not need "powershell" to do it .

MS knows the average computer user will never attempt to use "powershell" even with tutorials available on how to do it.

fredc, Nov 7, 2015

2. if I know there is something I will never use I just leave it alone.
    A part from disabling IE11 which I hated I have not disabled or uninstalled any thing else

hTconeM9user, Nov 7, 2015
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    I'm sorry, perhaps I'm missing something here as I thought this was a tech forum, where we did try the new... thus one of the main purposes of a tech forum. Did I miss that?

It just amazes me to hear so many people say they won't try this or that, but are yet here on a tech forum... bashing those that do *Huh

Just an observation

sygnus21, Nov 7, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

These "So called experts" are almost as bad as the Stock exchange Scammers with the footballers investment.

Up to 100 footballers lose £30m after investment scheme collapses | Daily Mail Online

There's basically nothing wrong with W10 -- some corporate high end software such as SAP might need to keep running on W7 but for most people W10 is a worthwhile upgrade.

Ignore the "So called experts" --you are better off following your are own intuition.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 7, 2015
  5. That is why myself and others have upgraded by following our intuition do I regret it
    Not one bit because since upgade my laptop has run better.
    and a hell of a lot faster and smoother

hTconeM9user, Nov 7, 2015
  6. gvlral Win User
    It seems that whining & complaining have been around since man stood upon two legs so I don't believe it will go away any time soon. I admit that I have skipped a few versions of windows, like Vista since giving up DOS. *092Oops, sorry I really haven't given it up yet, still running it in a virtual environment. I have always liked growing and I think Windows 10 gives me the chance just as many other software packages do. What's not to like, bugs *Mad, sure but with the millions of lines of code that go into programs these days it's to be expected, especially considering the number of different machines old and new that run the same programs. I'm running Window 10 on an old Sony 32 Bit laptop as an Insider, It has no sound, no driver but if it will run on it, it will run on my other machines. If some people had experienced the problems with running software in early 80s and saving files sequentially on a tape they might not complain so much.

gvlral, Nov 7, 2015
  7. larc919 Win User
    Still, their advice isn't necessarily good for even a laptop. I have an older Toshiba (A355-S6925) that came with 64-bit Vista installed. I subsequently updated to Windows 7 and installed appropriate drivers available from Toshiba. When Windows 10 came along, Toshiba was past providing updated drivers for such an old laptop. But I upgraded it to 10 anyway without so much as a hiccup. The installation updated drivers as needed. A later switch from HDD to SSD sped things up considerably. Everything is running like a charm now. Not a single problem. *Smile

larc919, Nov 7, 2015
  8. fredc Win User

Not a bad observation but the title of this thread is what people are discussing , not everybody is Pro Win 10 and it seems most insist that it should be .

I should of said my post is just my opinion which it is but i certainly did not say anything new as someone else commented about losing more control and i think they have a good point .

That being said , imo this is not a "tech" specific forum , this is a Win 10 help forum that is about helping people who have questions and or problems with Win 10 .

Tech forums are forums like AnandTech , The Tech report etc... where all they do is review technology and do reviews of technology .

fredc, Nov 8, 2015
  9. I've never had that feeling with a car. I tend to drive them until they die. Better gas mileage? Yes. Better "optionals? Never. New factory made smell??? Why would anybody want that? I've never wanted a car (or OS) to be a source of excitement so boredom isn't an issue.

However, new capabilities can be important. For instance, Windows 7 cannot take a system image backup to a device larger that 2.2TB (unless the device emulates multiple smaller drives); it cannot use devices with 4k segment size for that function. That means I have to use a 3rd party product to do that. (Luckily I have Acronis True Image.) I've heard (but haven't confirmed) that Win 10 supports devices with 4k segment size for system image backups.

As time goes on there will be more situations like that - new hardware that the old OS can't support. I can (and will) live without glitz features like Cortana, but there is likely to be new external hardware I need.

pokeefe0001, Nov 8, 2015
  10. Dude Win User
    I always believe in getting a second opinion. This whole thread is strange, of course they say roll back. They don't know any better.

11. BunnyJ New Member
    It's always good to have a local shop to take your computer to. In my case I have a great one I got my base PC from.

BunnyJ, Nov 8, 2015
  12. zooburner Win User
    I think that often with laptop makers, the ones you just buy from the shelf is that the support system when you call only recognises the OS it was shipped with and only offers guided solutions to that O.S.

When you upgrade to windows 10 you cannot rely on the manufacture to offer you tech support, unless its specifically a hardware issue, they may not simply have that information available to them from the auto diagnostic screen that is provided to them when they key in the model/serial number in.

zoo

zooburner, Nov 8, 2015
  13. tlarseth Win User

I am trying to figure out who they talked to, I didn't read the full article just skimmed it a bit, but both Dell and HP are recommending the upgrade and both have worked hard at having drivers ready on Day 1.

tlarseth, Nov 8, 2015
  14. fredc Win User
    I have no idea what the deal is with Dell and HP and imo the tech for those companies and all companies need to know about troubleshooting Win 10 and shame on them if they don't.

Now for users who want the new features that Win 10 provides then your in good shape , lots of people like having all that stuff . It's also nice to have a current OS that all the tech magazines have articles on and show tricks and shortcuts for .

MS however, should realize that probably just as many users like what they currently like and may have even upgraded just to try Win 10 and decided to stay with what they have. I sampled Win 10 for 6 weeks , it ran well with minor bugs here and there .

Went back to 7 because i know (for me) Win 10 didn't have anything or offer anything that i wanted .

People should be allowed to choose without worrying about MS continually reminding them to upgrade now and in the future , after they choose step back and acknowledge what they said and go away .

Don't run up to them and tap them on the shoulder saying " just wanted to remind you that Win 10 is free and you can upgrade just in case you haven't heard " i can say with certainty that "yeah" i did hear something along those lines.

fredc, Nov 8, 2015
  15. tlarseth Win User
    I just don't like how MS invalidates your key after so many days after upgrade of your old OS, making it after I believe 60-90 days you can no longer downgrade to the old OS, since that key is no longer valid.

tlarseth, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

1. PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Support Reps Tell

2. PSA: Support Rep says 3 year Extended Service Update is $300

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA: Support Rep says 3 year Extended Service Update is $300: Pretty much the title. Talked to a service rep. If you want ESU for three years will cost consumers $350. The more you know. submitted by /u/Low-Reputation-8317 [link] [comments]...
  3. How do I get back to the chat history with a microsoft support rep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back to the chat history with a microsoft support rep?: after the chat ended it redericted me to a feedback page without the possibility to go back to the chat history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-back-to-the-chat-history-with-a/e71a94d9-1b9e-47da-a17c-84d78c5fd028
  4. I NEED TO TALK TO A REP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I NEED TO TALK TO A REP: I NEED TO DELETE A WORK ACCOUNT THAT HAS TAKEN OVER ADMIN RIGHTS TO CERTAIN APPS AND I DON'T WORK THER ANY MORE. basically, I WANT TO KILL WIN11 AN START OVER. I HAVE TRIED RESTORE DISKS AND EVERY OPTION DESCRIBED BUT I CAN'T GET RID OF THE PROFILE AND IT AS LOCKED ME OUT OF...
  5. Windows 10 tells me that the version support will end shortly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 tells me that the version support will end shortly.: Hello, I have the following problem with windows 10, I am running version 1909, but when I check the version installed it say version 1903. So Why is windows 10 telling me that support for the version of windows 10 is ending soon. Any help to fix this issue would be...
  6. Windows 10 tells me support for the version is coming to end.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 tells me support for the version is coming to end.: Hello, I run windows 10 1909 but now I get a messge telling me that support for the version of windows 10 that I am running is ending soon. Can someone tell me the version above 1909 please and how I download it. Thanks Matthew...
  7. Incompetent Microsoft Rep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incompetent Microsoft Rep: This is the worse advisor representing Microsoft, and I needed to highlight her name.. She is useless, and reflects badly on the brand. Her name is Dhanalakshmi. She lent no measurable help, and couldn't care less how long she keeps you waiting. what a wasted resource...
  8. Images for support rep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Images for support rep: No driver updates: [ATTACH] Look at this image, you can see how small windows thinks it is [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/images-for-support-rep/648d02d0-609b-4263-9f04-ab4b40cf618b
  9. Windows keeps deactivating, Microsoft reps just do a slui 4 activation then tell me my...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows keeps deactivating, Microsoft reps just do a slui 4 activation then tell me my...: So I had a windows 7 cd key did the normal upgrade to 10 during the rollout. I had 10 working fine this way for a long time with no deactivation problems. Recently I did a system restore and since then I've had a really irritating issue. My computer has been deactivating once...
  10. HP Support Uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Support Uninstall: Not having a HP PC these two programs are not letting me remove them. Do I need them. (1) HP Support Solutions Framework and (2) HP Support Assistant I believe these were added as 3rd party due to a previous HP Printer installation which I no longer have 27419