Windows 10: PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

Discus and support PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I just don't like how MS invalidates your key after so many days after upgrade of your old OS, making it after I believe 60-90 days you can no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 5, 2015.

1. zooburner Win User

PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

Where does it say they invalidate your windows 7/8/8.1 key ?

zooburner, Nov 8, 2015
  2. dskiller Win User

when windows 2000 and windows xp came out. compaq tech support told me that they can only provide support for what was installed on the system from the factory. which at the time was windows 98.

while they do provide device drivers for printer and such. they dont always release drivers for laptop and desktop system. and tech support cant do anything about it. and have to deal with customers that tried upgrading to machine that didnt come with windows 10 support. even though they did release windows 10 drivers. but unless they do a clean install the drivers and software might not work correctly even after uninstalling, reinstalling.

when windows 10 released in august, I had to fix 4 hp laptops that had issues with windows 10 own built in software not working after they upgraded. and the customers would have not idea about the fixes that was needed to get the software working. because some the fixes required shell commands to fix it.

I tried walking people through the steps required to fix problems on windows 10, but I ended up having to go in my self and fix it.

and now after this patch Tuesday update, im going to have a busy week.

dskiller, Nov 8, 2015
  3. pcgeek11 Win User
    The biggest reason they are advising their customers to roll back is the same reason they had when they were advising their customers to stay away from Windows 8. They are not up to speed on supplying the required technical support yet. In other words it is easier to support something you are familiar with than something brand new. Just think there are much larger differences between Win 8 and Win 10 than there were between Win 7 and Win 8.

It will come with time.

pcgeek11, Nov 8, 2015
  4. PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10

If 99.99% of all flights succeed and 0.01% crash, then all airports in the world would be shut down.

From threads like this, I keep getting the impression that 99.99% of all upgrades to Windows 10 succeed and 0.01% fail. The 0.01% failure rate may well be adequate for hobby computers. However, the same 0.01% failure rate may not be acceptable for work computers as the incurred revenue losses could actually make the ‘free upgrade’ very costly.

If Microsoft & partner companies can’t get the failure rate of Windows 10 upgrades down to near zero levels, then buying new Windows 10 computers may well be the cheaper option for the business community at large (or not upgrading at all, holding out as long as possible, which has also been a common option in the past).

FrozenCursor, Nov 8, 2015
  5. Ssshh. That's getting awful close to logic *Wink

Even after all these years it never ceases to amaze me either...

I think this threads main points can be summed thus:

• Often large company "Tech Support" is an oxymoron.
    • Tech user capability varies widely and so do the results.
    • Older hardware always suffers from dying support.
    • Early adoption is optional for a plethora of rationales.
    • You can never please everyone.

SmartEyeball, Nov 8, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    *Ditto But the posting will go on.... *Roflmao2

Cliff S, Nov 8, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I'm.. OUTRAGED!! *Wink

BunnyJ, Nov 8, 2015
  8. GAS
    Gas Win User

We, Italics, call this a "rethorical figure" read it like there was written an "e.g." first; it can apply to anything you are involved to: a motorcycle or a bike or a camera or an aircraft or a............horse *chuckle

9. BunnyJ New Member
    And the car has to be a.. FERRARI!! *Wink

PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10 [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Nov 8, 2015
  10. Barman58 Win User
    Funny, I thought you were Jeff, But anyway, Welcome to Ten forums OUTRAGED *Tongue

Barman58, Nov 8, 2015
  11. BillyBob Win User
    Show us these figures you've worked out, anyway what has a hobbiest forum got to do with business. I don't know anything about failure rates on business computers, but if they're around .01% I'd say that's pretty good knowing what I know about computers.

With all the different computer configurations getting to 0% would be nigh impossible, even Apple who build their own hardware and software would be incapable of that.

BillyBob, Nov 8, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    *Roflmao2*Thumbs

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Support Reps Tell Users to Uninstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Support Reps Tell

2. PSA: Support Rep says 3 year Extended Service Update is $300

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA: Support Rep says 3 year Extended Service Update is $300: Pretty much the title. Talked to a service rep. If you want ESU for three years will cost consumers $350. The more you know. submitted by /u/Low-Reputation-8317 [link] [comments]...
  3. How do I get back to the chat history with a microsoft support rep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back to the chat history with a microsoft support rep?: after the chat ended it redericted me to a feedback page without the possibility to go back to the chat history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-back-to-the-chat-history-with-a/e71a94d9-1b9e-47da-a17c-84d78c5fd028
  4. I NEED TO TALK TO A REP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I NEED TO TALK TO A REP: I NEED TO DELETE A WORK ACCOUNT THAT HAS TAKEN OVER ADMIN RIGHTS TO CERTAIN APPS AND I DON'T WORK THER ANY MORE. basically, I WANT TO KILL WIN11 AN START OVER. I HAVE TRIED RESTORE DISKS AND EVERY OPTION DESCRIBED BUT I CAN'T GET RID OF THE PROFILE AND IT AS LOCKED ME OUT OF...
  5. Windows 10 tells me that the version support will end shortly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 tells me that the version support will end shortly.: Hello, I have the following problem with windows 10, I am running version 1909, but when I check the version installed it say version 1903. So Why is windows 10 telling me that support for the version of windows 10 is ending soon. Any help to fix this issue would be...
  6. Windows 10 tells me support for the version is coming to end.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 tells me support for the version is coming to end.: Hello, I run windows 10 1909 but now I get a messge telling me that support for the version of windows 10 that I am running is ending soon. Can someone tell me the version above 1909 please and how I download it. Thanks Matthew...
  7. Incompetent Microsoft Rep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incompetent Microsoft Rep: This is the worse advisor representing Microsoft, and I needed to highlight her name.. She is useless, and reflects badly on the brand. Her name is Dhanalakshmi. She lent no measurable help, and couldn't care less how long she keeps you waiting. what a wasted resource...
  8. Images for support rep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Images for support rep: No driver updates: [ATTACH] Look at this image, you can see how small windows thinks it is [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/images-for-support-rep/648d02d0-609b-4263-9f04-ab4b40cf618b
  9. Windows keeps deactivating, Microsoft reps just do a slui 4 activation then tell me my...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows keeps deactivating, Microsoft reps just do a slui 4 activation then tell me my...: So I had a windows 7 cd key did the normal upgrade to 10 during the rollout. I had 10 working fine this way for a long time with no deactivation problems. Recently I did a system restore and since then I've had a really irritating issue. My computer has been deactivating once...
  10. HP Support Uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Support Uninstall: Not having a HP PC these two programs are not letting me remove them. Do I need them. (1) HP Support Solutions Framework and (2) HP Support Assistant I believe these were added as 3rd party due to a previous HP Printer installation which I no longer have 27419