Windows 10: PC system fails after left idle - when charging

Discus and support PC system fails after left idle - when charging in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC has recently been freezing when left idle. The first time it happened, I was watching a video on youtube while the AC adapter was plugged in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JBKG, Nov 29, 2018.

1. JBKG Win User

PC system fails after left idle - when charging

My PC has recently been freezing when left idle. The first time it happened, I was watching a video on youtube while the AC adapter was plugged in. When not plugged in, the computer would go into sleep mode after a while and would freeze in that state. I ran the blue screen, power, and hardware and devices troubleshooters - they detected nothing. I reinstalled battery drivers and the problem stopped for about two days, then started again - only now, instead of freezing, it automatically restarts. Also important to note that when I'm using the laptop continuously, there's no failure; no freezing, or rebooting.

I don't believe this is a hardware problem; if it were, I think the failure would take place as soon as I plugged it in. I have no idea what the issue could be.

:)

2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Nov 29, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 29, 2018
  4. PC system fails after left idle - when charging

pc freezes when left idle

The pc freezes when left idle. Even the mouse wouldn't move. Looked at event viewer, nothing looks abnormal in it. It's definitely not hard drive because I recently replaced it with a new one. Does anyone have a solution to this?

mayank deshpande, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

PC system fails after left idle - when charging

1. PC system fails after left idle - when charging - Similar Threads - system fails left

2. System not responding when left idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System not responding when left idle: Hello, am using Win 11 Laptop by Asus Rog. For the past few Weeks am facing issue with this lap, that when i left it for while it won't respond after. And after some time it shows the blue screen with error code 'drive power state failure' and sometimes with 'Unexpected Store...
  3. System not responding when left idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System not responding when left idle: Hello, am using Win 11 Laptop by Asus Rog. For the past few Weeks am facing issue with this lap, that when i left it for while it won't respond after. And after some time it shows the blue screen with error code 'drive power state failure' and sometimes with 'Unexpected Store...
  4. Bsod when I left my pc idle.

Bsod when I left my pc idle.: When i left my pc idle, its crashes about 10 min later. cause of bsod varies every time. My pc is new and I cant figure out why this is happening. here is dump file below, help me please!https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ant5Qg6x4scwgjuFs0U0tX9-kXJL?e=0oa8hr Thank you....
  5. BSOD when left idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when left idle: Hi everyone, I have an Acer Aspire VX 15 that I have had for about 4 years. I have run into problems in those 4 years but they all got resolved eventually. However, this blue screen occurrence has happened recently and quite frequently. Whenever I leave my laptop idle for a...
  6. BSOD when left idle

BSOD when left idle: Hi everyone, I have an Acer Aspire VX 15 that I have had for about 4 years. I have run into problems in those 4 years but they all got resolved eventually. However, this blue screen occurrence has happened recently and quite frequently. Whenever I leave my laptop idle for a...
  7. BSOD when left idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSODs when PC left idle

BSODs when PC left idle: Hello, A few months ago I was getting extremely frequent BSODs. I ended up reinstalling Windows 10 and that seemed to solve the problem. A few weeks later however and they are coming back. A consistent pattern is that they happen when I leave the PC idle for longer than a...
  9. PC reboots when left idle.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC reboots when left idle.: Hi all, Can I ask some help please? I've built second work system from spare parts a month ago. It all was fine but yesterday PC started to randomly reboot when left idle. When I launch some game or other heavy apps it's ok. But as soon as I close it PC reboots in 2-5 mins....
  10. PC freezes after being left idle

PC freezes after being left idle: Hey there, I have been having problems with my pc freezing after like 5 minutes or so when being left idle. I observed that when this happens the internet connection drops and completely locks up. When hard resetting, I have to change the mac address of my internet in order...