Windows 10: PC takes a lot to start apps but runs fine

Discus and support PC takes a lot to start apps but runs fine in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently been playing some fnf mario's madness v2, and it takes like 2 minutes to load the first song, but then it runs perfectly at 60 fps, what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wraiax, May 11, 2024.

1. /u/Wraiax Win User

PC takes a lot to start apps but runs fine

I've recently been playing some fnf mario's madness v2, and it takes like 2 minutes to load the first song, but then it runs perfectly at 60 fps, what do I do/ what's wrong with it?

submitted by /u/Wraiax
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wraiax, May 11, 2024
  2. lifetec Win User

Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine.

Is your DNS client service running on your system .

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
    • Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
    • In the list of services, click DNS Client.
    • Make sure that the Status column displays Started and that the Startup Type column displays Automatic.
    • If the service is not set to Started or if the startup type for the DNS Client service is not set to Automatic, follow these steps:
      • Right-click DNS Client, and then click Properties.
      • In the DNS Client Properties dialog box, click the General tab, and then click Automatic in the Startup type list.
      • Click Start, click Apply, and then click OK.

lifetec, May 11, 2024
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 11, 2024
  4. PC takes a lot to start apps but runs fine

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, May 11, 2024
Thema:

PC takes a lot to start apps but runs fine

1. PC takes a lot to start apps but runs fine - Similar Threads - takes lot start

2. My app runs fine on my pc but does not run without compatibility mode on my other pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My app runs fine on my pc but does not run without compatibility mode on my other pc?: I have recently published my C# app using ClickOnce. When I run my app on my PC which uses windows 10, it runs fine but when I try using my other pc which too has windows 10 installed, it doesn't open. I tried using compatibility troubleshooter which recommended me the...
  3. My app runs fine on my pc but does not run without compatibility mode on my other pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My app runs fine on my pc but does not run without compatibility mode on my other pc?: I have recently published my C# app using ClickOnce. When I run my app on my PC which uses windows 10, it runs fine but when I try using my other pc which too has windows 10 installed, it doesn't open. I tried using compatibility troubleshooter which recommended me the...
  4. My app runs fine on my pc but does not run without compatibility mode on my other pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Video Will Not Run on PC 1 but runs fine on PC2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Will Not Run on PC 1 but runs fine on PC2: There a few videos which will run on 1 of my Win 11 PCs but will not run on a second Win 11 PC. An example of a web site video having the problem is https://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/guide/osteoporosis-exerciseWhen I right click on the video it is call for an Akamai Adaptive...
  6. Video Will Not Run on PC 1 but runs fine on PC2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Will Not Run on PC 1 but runs fine on PC2: There a few videos which will run on 1 of my Win 11 PCs but will not run on a second Win 11 PC. An example of a web site video having the problem is https://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/guide/osteoporosis-exerciseWhen I right click on the video it is call for an Akamai Adaptive...
  7. STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.: My Apps & Features is taking up 150gb of storage; the total apps I have don't come anywhere near even 5gb.Where is the rest of this coming from? I am trying to backup my phone to my iTunes and I cannot do so because my local disk is full. I have checked pictures/videos, maps,...
  8. A lot of background things running on start up

A lot of background things running on start up: I am running windows 10 pro and find on start up to be fairly slow especially Microsoft Edge which is slow to open and often gives no response. I am retired now and really only need Windows 10 home, how could I change this? and why are so many items running in the...
  9. PC running slow. Applications take lot of time to open

PC running slow. Applications take lot of time to open: Hello, I have a HP-500-Pavilion Model System Model 500-205t PC with the following components. Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3500 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors Installed Physical Memory RAM: 6.00 GB Total Physical Memory: 5.91 GB Available Physical...
  10. refresh takes a lot of time

refresh takes a lot of time: Recently I am facing the issue of long buffering after a right click on the desktop, for refreshing the PC. I have tried several measures but for no use. Could you suggest something more technical and deep rooted? Please help me out here......