Windows 10: Pc taking 17 hours to boot.

Discus and support Pc taking 17 hours to boot. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My pc is 3 years old and has 1 HD in it that isnt being recognised by windows anymore but I dont know what to do aboit it and on the first 3 months of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cosmos G., May 7, 2023.

1. Cosmos G. Win User

Pc taking 17 hours to boot.

My pc is 3 years old and has 1 HD in it that isnt being recognised by windows anymore but I dont know what to do aboit it and on the first 3 months of usage it randomly decided it was going to take 30 minutes to boot. Ok by me, I can wait. Fast forward to now I was updating my drivers because when I tried updating to windows 11 it just bluescreened and went back to windows 10 and I was told that updating my drivers might help. I then updated some drivers like SATA RAID INTEL and when I went to put my PC in sleep mode my cursor and keyboard were still on and my whole pc was still functioning, s

:)

Cosmos G., May 7, 2023
  2. rosmalj Win User

windows 10 boot taking hours

Hi,

I have a similar question to that of another post, booting windows 10 suddenly takes 2 hours.

Redirecting

I also can overcome this by disabling the Credential Manager service, the system will boot fine. Turning it to automatic or manual means it takes hours to boot

I have followed all the instructions by the support engineer, till the last one. Booting in safe mode with network type option, if I do that than the system boots fine, even when enabling the Credential Manager service.

So I would like some help in really resolving this issue, I also did a sfc /scannow, it did not report anything.

What would be the next step?

Kind regards,

JR

rosmalj, May 7, 2023
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, May 7, 2023
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Pc taking 17 hours to boot. - Similar Threads - taking hours boot

2. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taking many hours to boot: hiwin10 is taking many hours to boot , it takes nearly an hour or so at each stage. yesterday it was slightl5 faster .its been for about 5 hours showing blank desktop, blue loading circle and a partly populated task bar 'clock/date and ms brower search windowyesterday it ran...
  3. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taking many hours to boot: hiwin10 is taking many hours to boot , it takes nearly an hour or so at each stage. yesterday it was slightl5 faster .its been for about 5 hours showing blank desktop, blue loading circle and a partly populated task bar 'clock/date and ms brower search windowyesterday it ran...
  4. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc taking 17 hours to boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc taking 17 hours to boot.: My pc is 3 years old and has 1 HD in it that isnt being recognised by windows anymore but I dont know what to do aboit it and on the first 3 months of usage it randomly decided it was going to take 30 minutes to boot. Ok by me, I can wait. Fast forward to now I was updating...
  6. Pc taking 17 hours to boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc taking 17 hours to boot.: My pc is 3 years old and has 1 HD in it that isnt being recognised by windows anymore but I dont know what to do aboit it and on the first 3 months of usage it randomly decided it was going to take 30 minutes to boot. Ok by me, I can wait. Fast forward to now I was updating...
  7. Windows takes up to an hour to boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows takes up to an hour to boot: I have reinstalled Windows on this machine, which solved the problem for a couple weeks. The computer itself works with no issue after it's up and running. It's still on an HDD, which doesn't appear to have errors, but I'll run a chkdsk to be sure. I've changed the SATA cable...
  8. Since Update laptop takes hours to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since Update laptop takes hours to boot: Since latest Windows 10 update installed, my laptop is taking hours to boot up and when I eventually get through the login screen it simply hangs on the desktop. I have tried all the fixes shown in previous blogs none of which have worked. Indeed several quote loading,...
  9. Boot up takes 2 hours!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot up takes 2 hours!: Alright so after long hours of research I have narrowed down y problem. Long story short I messed with the permissions of my C:\Windows directory and sure enough it has caused issues. Now my computer when powering on will show a light blue screen with spinning dots for hours...
  10. PC takes around two hours to boot, and NO wifi etc...

in Windows 10 Support
    PC takes around two hours to boot, and NO wifi etc...: Hi, I'm using a GE72 2QC Apache MSI laptop and I'm running into some serious issues. I'd greatly appreciate you taking your time to read this and any help you can give me. I'll start from the beginning. The anniversary update installed on my laptop and once it was done, I...