Windows 10: PC that resets itself to a previous version."

Discus and support PC that resets itself to a previous version." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Yesterday, my PC was in sleep mode, and when I turned it on this morning, the mouse wasn't working. So, I had to restart it. However, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jade Bloyet, May 9, 2023.

1. PC that resets itself to a previous version."

Hi everyone, Yesterday, my PC was in sleep mode, and when I turned it on this morning, the mouse wasn't working. So, I had to restart it. However, it booted up to a version from over a year ago. Many files and configurations have disappeared. Moreover, Microsoft Office is no longer functioning. I did try to restart it using WindowsImageBackup, but it's asking for a password, and mine isn't working old passwords, PIN, password changes, nothing. I don't know what else to do.

:)

Jade Bloyet, May 9, 2023

2. Not reset to previous version

I am update window 10 but in update complete only 50%. Then pc is off. Then again pc is restart then show the command to window will reset to previous version.... but it not convert to previous version.. now always show blue screen restart command... how
    i convert to previours version to not fomat the os.. (when i start pc i have no seen any reset and troubleshoote box) p/z help me.... i hava no solution.....

AnuradhaImansuru, May 9, 2023
  3. erase previous version of windows to create space

Perform the steps to delete previous version of windows :-

• In the search box on the taskbar, type settings, then choose it from the list of results.

• Select System > Storage > This PC and then scroll down the list and choose Temporary file
    • Under Remove temporary files, select the Previous version of Windows check box and then choose Remove files.

Sanghati Barman, May 9, 2023
  4. PC that resets itself to a previous version."

Cannot go back to previous version of windows

I'm currently facing the issue that I can't restore the my previous installation of Windows. I did the following things:

• Try to "repair-install" Windows on top of Windows using the Media Creation Tool due to a few oddities I noticed. This failed due to the error "An unknown command-line option [/DynamicUpdate] was specified".
    • Made an ISO using the Media Creation Tool and used that to "repair-install" Windows, or so I thought - apparently, doing it this way removes all your data and apps... (this is where it all started)
    • Tried to go back to the previous version using the Settings app - no luck here, as the button was simply missing
    • Made a image of the hard drive just so I can't mess up any more things
    • Copy the contents of the Windows.old folder manually to their previous place (using robocopy to ensure that all attributes and permissions were copied properly) - This mostly worked, as in I got back into Windows and the data were where they should be, but I couldn't start most UWP apps or the start menu, so something must've gone wrong. (It is possible that I forgot to delete a folder before copying the old versions, but I didn't try this again)
    • Convert the drive to GPT (previously MBR) - this was done because I noticed a few minor issues trying to boot in UEFI mode during the previous steps
    • Reinstall Windows using a newly created installer USB stick
    • Copy the Windows.old folder from the drive image onto the drive (again using robocopy)
    • Try to roll back using the recovery mode of the installer USB - this fails with the error "We ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version of Windows. Try resetting your PC instead" (which I obviously don't want to/already did) - there's no error code
    • Rolling back from within Windows is still not possible

Any suggestions on how I could fix the problem? Where does the "We ran into a problem..." error come from?

Lukas Lang, May 9, 2023
Thema:

PC that resets itself to a previous version."

1. PC that resets itself to a previous version." - Similar Threads - resets itself previous

2. PC that resets itself to a previous version."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC that resets itself to a previous version.": Hi everyone, Yesterday, my PC was in sleep mode, and when I turned it on this morning, the mouse wasn't working. So, I had to restart it. However, it booted up to a version from over a year ago. Many files and configurations have disappeared. Moreover, Microsoft Office is no...
  3. PC that resets itself to a previous version."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC that resets itself to a previous version.": Hi everyone, Yesterday, my PC was in sleep mode, and when I turned it on this morning, the mouse wasn't working. So, I had to restart it. However, it booted up to a version from over a year ago. Many files and configurations have disappeared. Moreover, Microsoft Office is no...
  4. PC that resets itself to a previous version."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows inactivating itself after Reset this PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows inactivating itself after Reset this PC: Hello,I need help re-activating Windows 11 Home after Reset this PC unactivated my Computer and now it says that my computer is not activated.Can someone please help me.Thanks, Joshua...
  6. Can't Reset PC or Roll Back to Previous Version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Reset PC or Roll Back to Previous Version: I recently updated to version 2004 and am having issues. I tried to roll back to a previous version and it starts the process, but never goes through. Same thing if I try to reset the PC. It starts the process like normal, restarts, but nothing changes. Everything is still...
  7. change to previous version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change to previous version: I hate windows 10 I bought this laptop for one purpose and that is to run a program for frequency generators and the program worked fine on my windows xp my old computer but the screen broke so I bought this new one and it wont run my program and I tried the compatability...
  8. Not reset to previous version

Not reset to previous version: I am update window 10 but in update complete only 50%. Then pc is off. Then again pc is restart then show the command to window will reset to previous version.... but it not convert to previous version.. now always show blue screen restart command... how i convert to...
  9. Previous versions

Previous versions: Hello there! In System properties, system protection is "on" for C and E drive I can also see 5 restore point when i click "system restore" from control panel's System properties But when i click on restore previous version on any of the folder in those two drives it...
  10. Restoring Previous Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring Previous Version: So I download Windows 10 from here: Windows 10 Whilst I run it, no questions show up, asking anything, but in videos I see questions, asking about Updates and your current PC data. Once it completes, and restarts my PC, it finishes, then goes onto a screen saying...