Windows 10: PC throttles whenever enemy on screen on any game

Discus and support PC throttles whenever enemy on screen on any game in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Anygame, be it CSGO or Fortnite, its all going great at 30-60fps, Untill an enemy comes on screen. the moment theres an enemy, the pc Throttles and fps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nitefury, May 6, 2019.

1. Nitefury Win User

PC throttles whenever enemy on screen on any game

Anygame, be it CSGO or Fortnite, its all going great at 30-60fps, Untill an enemy comes on screen. the moment theres an enemy, the pc Throttles and fps drops to 5-7 and its all soo laggy for a solid 35 to 55 secs and i getclapped on immediately. it was normal until 2 weeks ago, then it started completely suddenly. i used to play fornite 2 hrs a day. the suddenly at arounf the 1 hr mark..game used to crash.. every day for a week... the this lag started. please help.

:)

Nitefury, May 6, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 6, 2019
  3. Krahazik Win User
    Joystick and Throttle nolonger detectabl by most games

I have a Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS Joystick and Throttle which used to work on my system. Now however, the vast majority of my games do not detect either device at all when they are plugged in. I have the correct and updated drivers for the joysticks.

Under windows, ALL trouble shooting steps result in no problems. According to windows both the joystick and throttle are functioning correctly, windows can see both, I can bring up their settings, properties, and verify the functionality of all button and
    axes of control.

However, most of my games can no-longer see the controllers, it is as if they do not exist at all. Games, that used to be able to see both. If it was just a single game, I would suspect a bug in the specific game, but since its multiple unrelated games,
    from multiple developers all with the exact same issue. It has to be something else.

There have been several updates to windows between the time when the games could detect the joystick and throttle, and when I noticed they were nolonger being detected by the majority of my games.

Running Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, Version 1709 Build 16299.547

AMD FX 8350 Eight-Core Processor, 16gb RAM

Krahazik, May 6, 2019
  4. PC throttles whenever enemy on screen on any game

full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 6, 2019
Thema:

PC throttles whenever enemy on screen on any game

1. PC throttles whenever enemy on screen on any game - Similar Threads - throttles whenever enemy

2. My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.: My pc specs... RX 7900 XTX, Ryen 7 5800x. The error message im getting is... LiveKernelEvent 141, Files that help describe the problemWATCHDOG-20240305-0204.dmp sysdata.xml WERInternalMetadata.xml...
  3. Cooling fan throttling whenever Windows goes into lock screen mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cooling fan throttling whenever Windows goes into lock screen mode.: My Desktop fan recently started throttling up/down constantly when Windows lock screen kicks in and the screen turns off. It throttles non-stop until I unlock the screen and return to the desktop. Is there setting causing this?...
  4. Cooling fan throttling whenever Windows goes into lock screen mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cooling fan throttling whenever Windows goes into lock screen mode.: My Desktop fan recently started throttling up/down constantly when Windows lock screen kicks in and the screen turns off. It throttles non-stop until I unlock the screen and return to the desktop. Is there setting causing this?...
  5. My Gaming PC throttles itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Gaming PC throttles itself.: Howdy!So I just got a new gaming rig. The first time we loaded Windows to it, it ran fine. We upgraded some internal stuff, and we did a clean start with Windows.Well, the second run had some issues, but the biggest one was the fact that the system throttles itself. It...
  6. My Gaming PC throttles itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Gaming PC throttles itself.: Howdy!So I just got a new gaming rig. The first time we loaded Windows to it, it ran fine. We upgraded some internal stuff, and we did a clean start with Windows.Well, the second run had some issues, but the biggest one was the fact that the system throttles itself. It...
  7. My Gaming PC throttles itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Black Screen into Restart whenever trying to play any game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen into Restart whenever trying to play any game: Have had my new HP Omen 30L for about 6 months now, very happy with it until about roughly 3 days ago. Every time I try to load up a game e.g. State of Decay 2, Metro Exodus, etc. I can get into the menu just fine, but upon actually attempting to play my computer will...
  9. Help! Whenever I play any game on my pc, it starts doing this to the screen. is there a way...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Whenever I play any game on my pc, it starts doing this to the screen. is there a way...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sendukkou [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/meagb1/help_whenever_i_play_any_game_on_my_pc_it_starts/
  10. PC throttles whever enemy on screen on any game

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC throttles whever enemy on screen on any game: Anygame, be it CSGO or Fortnite, its all going great at 30-60fps, Untill an enemy comes on screen. the moment theres an enemy, the pc Throttles and fps drops to 5-7 and its all soo laggy for a solid 35 to 55 secs and i getclapped on immediately. it was normal until 2 weeks...