Windows 10: PC to AVR no audio output when Atmos

Discus and support PC to AVR no audio output when Atmos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently my setup stopped producing sound. When sound was playing, my AVR would show "dolby surround" when playing games and watching youtube. I left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by icecreampirate, Nov 9, 2020.

1. PC to AVR no audio output when Atmos

Recently my setup stopped producing sound. When sound was playing, my AVR would show "dolby surround" when playing games and watching youtube. I left my computer on for 24 hours. When I came back, my AVR would say "dolby atmos" when playing games and youtube. Unfortunately, no sound is produced when it says atmos. Sound is produced If I configure the setup to 5.1 with no spatial sound. In this scenario, the AVR shows "multi ch in."

I'm fairly new to PC ownership. I have my PC set up like a console to my home theater and TV. The PC is connected directly from the GPU to the AVR using an HDMI 2.2 cable. My AVR is a Denon x2300 that supports Atmos encoding and decoding.

It took me a while to fumble my way through setting it up originally. The steps I have already taken include: making sure all windows updates and drivers are up to date, using the "configure" settings, downloading the doldy access app and setting it up for home theater, and using properties menu to set spatial sound to dolby atmos.

PC specs
    Windows 10
    Motherboad: gigabyte x570 gaming
    GPU: nvidia 2070

:)

icecreampirate, Nov 9, 2020

2. PC to AVR no audio output when Atmos

Recently my setup stopped producing sound. When sound was playing, my AVR would show "dolby surround" when playing games and watching youtube. I left my computer on for 24 hours. When I came back, my AVR would say "dolby atmos" when playing games and youtube. Unfortunately, no sound is produced when it says atmos. Sound is produced If I configure the setup to 5.1 with no spatial sound. In this scenario, the AVR shows "multi ch in."

I'm fairly new to PC ownership. I have my PC set up like a console to my home theater and TV. The PC is connected directly from the GPU to the AVR using an HDMI 2.2 cable. My AVR is a Denon x2300 that supports Atmos encoding and decoding.

It took me a while to fumble my way through setting it up originally. The steps I have already taken include: making sure all windows updates and drivers are up to date, using the "configure" settings, downloading the doldy access app and setting it up for home theater, and using properties menu to set spatial sound to dolby atmos.

PC specs
    Windows 10
    Motherboad: gigabyte x570 gaming
    GPU: nvidia 2070

icecreampirate, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Dolby Atmos issue on Denon AVR 2600H with Windows 10

Hello,when i use Dolby Atmos games on my windows 10 PC the Denon AVR show "multi in" instead "Dolby Atmos".the strange thing is that when i play Dolby Atmos example videos included in Dolby Access App, the Denon AVR show "Dolby Atmos".Again if i play Dolby
    Atmos content in Apple TV 4k or in 4k blu ray player Denon show "Dolby Atmos" as expected.

So the problem seems to be in Dolby Atmos with Windows 10 PC.Anyone have a fix for this issue?

Giuseppe Alleva, Nov 9, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

PC to AVR no audio output when Atmos

Windows 10 does not detect Sony AVR as a sound device

If Passthrough is enabled, it will see just the TV. https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00021373

I would suggest editing your original post with the how everything is connected (ie TV to AVR HDMI Out, AVR input from PC). Then state hardware in bullet point. Then troubleshooting. It makes it easier to read. Suggest going through the Setup steps on your AVR also. https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup.../45373541M.pdf Also suggest to reinstall the drivers for your GPU.

bro67, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

PC to AVR no audio output when Atmos

1. PC to AVR no audio output when Atmos - Similar Threads - AVR audio output

2. PC-to-AVR HDMI Audio & Duplicated Displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC-to-AVR HDMI Audio & Duplicated Displays: PROBLEM: Can't output HDMI audio from PC to AVR without a display associated with that audio. I call this display the "phantom display" because it is being output to a screen that is not being used. ex TV Input1= 4k60 from GPU directly to 4kTV TV Input2= 4k30 from GPU to AVR...
  3. PC-to-AVR HDMI Audio & Duplicated Displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC-to-AVR HDMI Audio & Duplicated Displays: PROBLEM: Can't output HDMI audio from PC to AVR without a display associated with that audio. I call this display the "phantom display" because it is being output to a screen that is not being used. ex TV Input1= 4k60 from GPU directly to 4kTV TV Input2= 4k30 from GPU to AVR...
  4. Dolby Atmos Sound/Audio starts to Buzz when audio level adjusted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dolby Atmos Sound/Audio starts to Buzz when audio level adjusted: Hi, My problems is with Dolby Atmos Sound/Audio Buzzing after latest update yesterday?with Yoga 730-15IWL Laptop Lenovo 64BitWindows 10 Home version 21H1OS build 19043.1266---Note: Issue/problem when using built in speakers Dolby Atmos laptopProblem/issue only starts when I...
  5. No audio output from my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio output from my pc: My pc is not recognizing the speakers as audio output and there is no sound. How can I fix this? I have run the Troubleshooter and the drivers are up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-from-my-pc/7de0be16-9acc-4cd3-9014-ae3f3c63267d
  6. AVR DENON X-1600H showing Multi In instead of Dolby Atmos

AVR DENON X-1600H showing Multi In instead of Dolby Atmos: Hi guys im having an issue with Windows 10 recently and i want to make sure if anyone has the same problem or if it's only me. I ve never had a problem with my AVR since today. The AVR shows that the audio coming from the games that are Dolby Atmos certified is just Multi In...
  7. Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, No Sound with AVR

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, No Sound with AVR: Hi all, recently I received an AVR + Speakers & Sub from someone who did not have use for it anymore. I've been trying to use it with Windows 10 using "Dolby Atmos for Home Theater" selected under spatial sound. However, whenever I choose it, I don't get any sound whatsoever...
  8. Soundbar not working on PC anymore. Only outputs sound when I play something with Dolby Atmos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Soundbar not working on PC anymore. Only outputs sound when I play something with Dolby Atmos?: Before all this happened my setup was a HDMI cable from my Soundbar (HW-Q90R) to my GPU and everything registered like it should have and worked fine. It gave me the option to configure my speakers from all the channels all the way up to 7.1 and even the "Dolby Atmos Home...
  9. Dolby Atmos issue on Denon AVR 2600H with Windows 10

Dolby Atmos issue on Denon AVR 2600H with Windows 10: Hello,when i use Dolby Atmos games on my windows 10 PC the Denon AVR show "multi in" instead "Dolby Atmos".the strange thing is that when i play Dolby Atmos example videos included in Dolby Access App, the Denon AVR show "Dolby Atmos".Again if i play Dolby Atmos content in...
  10. AVR shut off when there is silence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AVR shut off when there is silence: I’ve had audio problems since Windows reinstallation. My AV receiver takes a few seconds to start and when there is silence, Windows shuts off the audio stream and AVR also shuts off. Then I turn on the sound and the process repeats. It’s the first time I’ve faced this issue...