Windows 10: PC-to-Laptop Projection Error

Discus and support PC-to-Laptop Projection Error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm attempting to extend my PC screen to my laptop display using the Miracast feature, but I'm running into an issue. Seemingly at random, I will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TarynLovan, May 14, 2022.

1. PC-to-Laptop Projection Error

I'm attempting to extend my PC screen to my laptop display using the Miracast feature, but I'm running into an issue. Seemingly at random, I will be able to successfully project my screen to the laptop without issue, but most of the time, my laptop display gets all "smeared" for lack of a better term see attached photo. I've updated my drivers, done restarts, adjusted display settings, etc. but nothing really seems to work and it only seems to work "when it feels like it". If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

:)

TarynLovan, May 14, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to project PC screen to TV

Hi Pat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• How are you trying to project the Laptop screen?
    • Are you receiving any error message?
    • Were you able to project the laptop screen to TV earlier?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    and check if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 14, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Need help projecting PC to laptop

That seems a very old version of Connect. What version of Windows are you running on the laptop? Build 17763 suggests it is version 1809. What version are you running on the Desktop?

You could try resetting Connect. Click on Start and type 'connect' then select 'App settings' from the list on the right.

PC-to-Laptop Projection Error [​IMG]

4. PC-to-Laptop Projection Error

Project to this PC Password setting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

We understand your concern as you are unable to cast your android device to Windows 10 PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the Android version installed on the device?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to cast the device.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System and then click Projecting to this PC.
    3. Under Some Windows and Android devices can project to this PC when you say it’s OK select the drop down to
      Available everywhere.
    4. Now under Ask to project to this PC select First time only.
    5. Under Require PIN for pairing select Never.
    6. Now under This PC can be discovered for projection only when it’s plugged into a power source toggle the switch to On/Off.
    Once you set these settings follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows + S key together and type
      Connect.
    2. Now open Settings on your Phone and click on
      Connected devices.
    3. Then select Cast and choose the PC
      name
    Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 14, 2022
Thema:

PC-to-Laptop Projection Error

1. PC-to-Laptop Projection Error - Similar Threads - Laptop Projection Error

2. Project the screen on a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Project the screen on a laptop: Hello, I would like to project my laptop screen to another laptop, I have enabled wireless display on my target computer. Then I did windows + p and selected wireless display, but unable to detect my target computer. What could I do? I have an HDMI jack on both computers but...
  3. Project the screen on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Project the screen on a laptop: Hello, I would like to project my laptop screen to another laptop, I have enabled wireless display on my target computer. Then I did windows + p and selected wireless display, but unable to detect my target computer. What could I do? I have an HDMI jack on both computers but...
  4. Project to this PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Project to this PC: Dear Sir, I am trying to project my phone screen on laptop with Windows 11. In setting>Projection there is button for add kindly resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/project-to-this-pc/7ca8401c-5a42-4680-97d9-6e254d10837c
  5. Project to this PC

Project to this PC: Dear Sir, I am trying to project my phone screen on laptop with Windows 11. In setting>Projection there is button for add kindly resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/project-to-this-pc/7ca8401c-5a42-4680-97d9-6e254d10837c
  6. PC-to-Laptop Projection Error

PC-to-Laptop Projection Error: I'm attempting to extend my PC screen to my laptop display using the Miracast feature, but I'm running into an issue. Seemingly at random, I will be able to successfully project my screen to the laptop without issue, but most of the time, my laptop display gets all "smeared"...
  7. projecting to this pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    projecting to this pc: i was not able to connect to a wireless display. when i open projecting to this pc i cant select any option in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/projecting-to-this-pc/752fa427-9666-4995-a48b-909893a751bb
  8. Projecting to this PC

Projecting to this PC: Hi, I have a problem with projecting to this PC, the the twist is that my PC supports miracast. All of the options are greyed out and it says my PC needs to be connected to a power supply even though it wouldn't work without one. Any reasons why it isn't...
  9. Need help projecting PC to laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help projecting PC to laptop: A few minutes ago (maybe half an hour), I was projecting my desktop PC to my laptop (both Windows 10). I disconnected, and now I want to project again, but the laptop is not showing up in the "Connect" list. Laptop "Projecting to this PC" settings are currently: -Available...
  10. projecting to this pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    projecting to this pc: sir/madam in my system i could not find any' projecting to this pc ' option and i also i could not find any "gpedit.msc" any file and try to find" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Connect " . Every day i updating my system but my system does not...