Windows 10: PC to TV HDMI Connection-No Audio/Visuals

Discus and support PC to TV HDMI Connection-No Audio/Visuals in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I know this type of question has been placed numerous times but I am facing something weird for which I dont have any clues. I have purchased a brand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Saad Anwar, May 24, 2016.

1. PC to TV HDMI Connection-No Audio/Visuals

I know this type of question has been placed numerous times but I am facing something weird for which I dont have any clues. I have purchased a brand new PC and I am facing HDMI connection problem in that. My PC is not detecting my Samsung LCD TV, although the same is working on my Laptop that has windows 10 installed. I am using HDMI port on my graphics card, although my motherboard does have an option for HDMI. (Checked the otherwise but its not detecting the signal too)
    My PC configuration:
    Intel Core i5 6402 Skylake
    8GB Kingston Hyper X RAM
    Gigabyte H110-S2PH Motherboard
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    Windows 10 (build 1511)
    What I have done so far :
    1. Checked the HDMI cable connection in My Laptop (Windows 10) and the TV is detecting the laptop signal. Working fine.
    2. Checked the same thing with my another spare PC (Windows 7) and my TV is detecting the signal.
    3. Installed the latest NVIDIA compatible drivers from the manufacturer's website but failed to make the thing work in new PC.
    One thing i would like to mention that my windows 10 PC is running updates in the background. And there I saw the list of updates that are currently being downloaded. There is also an update for my Graphics Card Driver/Adapter but when I saw the details for the update I came to know the drivers being downloaded are older than the one I have already installed. I dont know whether Windows 10 need separate drivers for Graphics Card other than the OEM. If this is the case then why would the HDMI connection working in Windows 7 ?
    The last option left with me is to install Windows 7 on my new PC and let the HDMI connection work. Any help would be appreciated. I am literally exhausted :-(

:)

Saad Anwar, May 24, 2016

2. Failed to Play Test Tone, after use of Netflix with HDMI to TV.

Windows 10 version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64)

HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertable PC

Yes this is the first time the Samsung TV was connected to this PC. Infact the HDMI audio to the TV did not work when first connected, but began functioning after rebooting with the HDMI cable connected to PC and TV.

After disconnecting the PC from the TV and HDMI and rebooting several times I was browsing YouTube and when trying to play a video there was no PC audio to the speakers or out the audio jack or USB port. Also no audio from Media Player when playing mp3s.

I was using Troubleshoot when I got the "Failed to Play Test Tone" message. No other errors reported. While trouble shooting found that the Intel Display Audio driver was out dated, and loaded the current. Some time later I heard a the Wins10 startup audio
    but still not getting any more.

A similar situation happened to me earlier with Windows 10 on a different PC. The TV would need to be connected to the PC HDMI then reboot to get TV audio. After viewing the Netflix Movie, disconnect the HDMI and reboot the PC to get the audio back on the
    PC. But this time on the current PC the audio did not return after multiple reboots and maybe a driver update.

I hope this is helpful.

Jim Kandler, May 24, 2016
  3. PMP8498 Win User
    Digital Audio (HDMI) is permanently muted.

I do not hear audio from my PC speakers or TV speakers when connected from the PC (EliteBook 2540P) via HDMI to the TV when using Skype, also cannot hear audio (mic works) on a WebEx - keep in mind this is an HP laptop using DisplayPort with an HDMI converter.
    Speakers work fine for other applications and I can output audio to TV if it is YouTube or other videos with the same DisplayPort to HDMI connection.

I have the IDT High Definition Audio Codec installed, v. 10.0.10240.16384. Intel(R) HD Graphics driver, v. 8.15.10.2900. Windows 10.

The IDT HD Sound Audio Control Panel lets me control all of the parameters with the exception of the Digital Audio (HDMI) selection which is Muted (red button) and will not let me unmute.

This is the first time trying Skype and WebEx on this PC so I cannot relate this issue to previous codecs or versions.

Any ideas how to get Digital Audio (HDMI) enabled?

PMP8498, May 24, 2016
  4. ramram55 Win User

PC to TV HDMI Connection-No Audio/Visuals

To make life easier, get a Chromecast and get going from there.

ramram55, May 24, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    I suggest that you set Windows 10 to not update drivers through Windows Update. (It's not easy to block all updates, but we are permitted to prevent automatic driver updates.) That would allow you to keep the most recent drivers from nVidia.

Other than that, I don't know what to suggest. Is the TV the only monitor connected to the graphics card? (That shouldn't be required, but I'd try it just for luck.)

bobkn, May 24, 2016
  6. Hi,
    Thanks for your response. Actually the problem was in the cable, it was a little bit loose. When i tightened it, the thing got working. But I am now facing another problem. The HDMI is working but the second monitor display (Samsung TV) is showing Red/Blue Strips across the screen. Please see the attached images. Waiting for your response.

Saad Anwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PC to TV HDMI Connection-No Audio/Visuals

1. PC to TV HDMI Connection-No Audio/Visuals - Similar Threads - HDMI Connection Audio

2. TV no longer connects to PC HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TV no longer connects to PC HDMI: Sony TV KDL-40EX403 no longer properly displays windows 10 PC. Both devices definetely know they're connected to something, as the TV opens up the external input to change channel to, and the computer shows the TV. It definetely can connect, as it has in the past. have tried...
  3. TV no longer connects to PC HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV no longer connects to PC HDMI: Sony TV KDL-40EX403 no longer properly displays windows 10 PC. Both devices definetely know they're connected to something, as the TV opens up the external input to change channel to, and the computer shows the TV. It definetely can connect, as it has in the past. have tried...
  4. TV no longer connects to PC HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable

Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable: I connected ny computer to the smart TV by a HDMI cable in order to see content on the TV screen. I see the on the TV screen the bottom applications line but not the screen itself....
  6. HDMI connection from Pc to Tv not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI connection from Pc to Tv not working.: For some reason when i plug in the hdmi from my laptop to my tv I dont get and Audio setting. I know its not my HDMI. Ive used the one that I run xbox to tv which sound works there. Ive also used that one that i run pc to monitor which sound also works. Ive gone into the...
  7. No Audio With HDMI Cable From TV to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Audio With HDMI Cable From TV to PC: Why is there no audio when I plug in HDMI cable from tv to pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-with-hdmi-cable-from-tv-to-pc/ad23c526-2966-4b35-9b7e-3fda436a7b79
  8. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable: I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not...
  9. No audio on HDMI PC to tv

No audio on HDMI PC to tv: I do not understand nor do I know why my smart TV won't properly connect to my PC. My older tv works perfectly to my pc. The hdmi cable is new. I even tried a dvi cord and a display port cord, same issue. The smart TV and PC are both brand new so I don't understand why a...
  10. Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv

Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv: I have my laptop HP 15-f039wm Notebook PC and have it hooked up to my Panasonic tv. The display is there yet the sound only plays through the laptop. I have gone into playback devices yet no hdmi output is listed even when showing hidden and disabled. I went through...