Windows 10: PC tower is not going to sleep

Discus and support PC tower is not going to sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I need help with my PC. Normally when I idle my PC for my set timer of 30 mins. My monitor and tower will turn off. No fans running, no lights... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/idrinkbleech, Feb 6, 2021.

1. PC tower is not going to sleep

Hello! I need help with my PC. Normally when I idle my PC for my set timer of 30 mins. My monitor and tower will turn off. No fans running, no lights on. But yesterday i noticed that my tower was still on but my monitor is off when i got back 2 hours later. My fans are still running, lights are still on but monitor is off. Could there be something running in the background that i dont know of? I dont have much installed besides a few games off steam. My PC is made by Powerspec model G467. It is still new! Ive never had this problem before and poured my heart and soul into getting my first ever PC.

Ive tried changing the power settings to sleep when sharing media, still no luck PC tower is not going to sleep :( Please help!

submitted by /u/idrinkbleech
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/idrinkbleech, Feb 6, 2021

2. My pc is going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Sebastian,

Your PC might be set to sleep once it is idle for 5mins. For you to adjust this setting, we suggest looking into the
    Power Options advanced settings. Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • On your Preferred plans, click Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep and System unattended sleep timeout.
    • Set how many minutes you want your system to be left idle before it goes to sleep.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 6, 2021
  3. JamesP47 Win User
    PC does not go to sleep

Since the Windows 10 (1809) March 13th update, my PC does not go to sleep. I've reset the monitor and PC sleep times with no luck.

I've reviewed and attempted all the on-line suggestions again with no luck. Does anyone have any new (post March 13) suggestions?

J

JamesP47, Feb 6, 2021
  4. PC tower is not going to sleep

PC going to sleep

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult the situation is when the PC doesn’t work the way it is supposed to. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. What is the exact model of the PC?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try changing the hard disk sleep time and turn off hybrid sleep and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type control powercfg.cpl,,3 and click on
      OK.
    3. Now, select the active power plan from the drop down.
    4. Expand Hard disk, and expand
      Turn off hard disk after
    5. Change the Setting to 0 Minutes.
    6. Expand Sleep, and expand
      Allow hybrid sleep
      and select OFF.
    7. Click on OK.

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the sleep study report generated using Powercfg command line.

1. Press Windows + S key together and type
      CMD.
    2. Now right click on it and select Run
      as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following commands one by one and hit enter:
      powercfg /sleepstudy

Once the command is executed, navigate to the location where the file is saved and share the file through Private Message for further investigation on the issue. To access
    Private Message click on your Profile on the top right corner, then click on the ellipses, and select
    View Private Messages.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

PC tower is not going to sleep

1. PC tower is not going to sleep - Similar Threads - tower going sleep

2. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  3. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  4. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Stops Going To Sleep

PC Stops Going To Sleep: Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver." This seems to be happening roughly every 30 minutes. Any help to...
  6. PC Stops Going To Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stops Going To Sleep: Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver." This seems to be happening roughly every 30 minutes. Any help to...
  7. Pc not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc not going to sleep: I’ve had my pc for almost 2 years and have never had a problem until recently. And that is that it’s just not going into sleep mode. Every once in a while, it will go to sleep. But 99% off the time the screen will turn off, but the pc itself will stay active. I’ve tried most...
  8. PC is not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC is not going to sleep: My computer is waking up on its own. I tried to fix it but failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-not-going-to-sleep/57a3cf27-eb2b-4880-a222-c5c341c6c877
  9. sleep mode does not work on my tower pc.

sleep mode does not work on my tower pc.: I can not get my computer to go to sleep unless I go in and change the amount time every other day, what is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-does-not-work-on-my-tower-pc/1a01ea62-0157-4106-934a-636ebe7341c6
  10. PC going to sleep

PC going to sleep: I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop running W10. All of the power settings are set to not sleep (or display to go dark) when the machine is plugged into power. Despite this the laptop always sleeps after about 5 minutes of non use. How can I fix this? Thanks....