Windows 10: PC Tower will not power down?

Discus and support PC Tower will not power down? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Long story short, I added an ssd as boot drive, and a new hdd for storage, and did a clean install of windows onto the ssd using a windows 10 image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by awolmartinez, Mar 21, 2019.

1. PC Tower will not power down?

Long story short, I added an ssd as boot drive, and a new hdd for storage, and did a clean install of windows onto the ssd using a windows 10 image from the website and a flash drive, but now my pc won't power down. When I shutdown, windows goes through the normal sequence, and the monitor shuts off and acts as if everything is off, no signal, and the tower gets quieter almost as if some things shut down or maybe fans go into low power mode, I'm not sure.

However, the power light stays on, something is definitely running in the tower, dvd drive still opens when button is pushed, but pressing the power button doesn't put it to sleep as it should, and from this point the only way to shut it down, or even turn everything back on for that matter, is to hold the power button to force shutdown, then press it to boot everything back up.

I even tried force shutdown through cmd, and holding shift during shutdown, nothing changes, I get the same result, windows shuts down, monitor loses signal, but the pc stays on.

:)

awolmartinez, Mar 21, 2019
  2. AlaHeza Win User

Where can I find an powerful CPU for an PC Tower?

I am thinking about building an PC Tower to run Ark Survival Evolved.

Which means, I will need an CPU for Windows to run smoothly.

Any Suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AlaHeza, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Mar 21, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

PC Tower will not power down?

Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

Hope for sure it is the Power Supply without testing it and the checking the Graphics Card.

jds63, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

PC Tower will not power down?

1. PC Tower will not power down? - Similar Threads - Tower power down

2. Windows 10 stopped shutting down tower pc, chr prompt does.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stopped shutting down tower pc, chr prompt does.: Windows 10 stopped shutting down tower pc, cmd prompt does. Is this a know issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stopped-shutting-down-tower-pc-chr/d5f93d98-0cf9-4f90-aee2-f1775b557203
  3. Windows 10 stopped shutting down tower pc, chr prompt does.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stopped shutting down tower pc, chr prompt does.: Windows 10 stopped shutting down tower pc, cmd prompt does. Is this a know issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stopped-shutting-down-tower-pc-chr/d5f93d98-0cf9-4f90-aee2-f1775b557203
  4. Windows 10 stopped shutting down tower pc, chr prompt does.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to transfer a CPU to a PC tower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer a CPU to a PC tower: I'm trying to figure this out for the future https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-a-cpu-to-a-pc-tower/c2806afd-7f3f-415e-b904-cf1718af88cc
  6. Power Button keep shutting down PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Button keep shutting down PC: It is already set as Do nothing in the Power and sleep button settings, but whenever I accidentally or intentionally try to press the power button, the PC force close all windows and program and then turn to blue shutdown screen and shutdown. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64...
  7. PC tower is not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC tower is not going to sleep: Hello! I need help with my PC. Normally when I idle my PC for my set timer of 30 mins. My monitor and tower will turn off. No fans running, no lights on. But yesterday i noticed that my tower was still on but my monitor is off when i got back 2 hours later. My fans are still...
  8. PC powering down by it self

PC powering down by it self: Since upgrading my PC from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. my PC will randomly power down then restart automatically often. Any suggestions? I ruled out issues with the sleep mode. (now turned off)...
  9. Powering down PC resets BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Powering down PC resets BIOS: Hi guys, weird issue here and hoping someone has any ideas to why. I typically remove power from my PC whenever I go out of town due to power outages that sometimes plague my area (yes, I have a UPS, still…). Down time here was 3 days. Anyway, after restoring power and...
  10. power down

power down: app preventing shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-down/89091f3d-eb7c-405e-a430-b334c506ebf0