Windows 10: PC transitioned from "Download and install Windows 11" to "We're doing some extra checking"

Discus and support PC transitioned from "Download and install Windows 11" to "We're doing some extra checking" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For several weeks my PC was ready to upgrade to Windows 11. Now I see "Get ready for Windows 11" with a "Check hardware requirements" link. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertGordon1, Dec 1, 2021.

1. PC transitioned from "Download and install Windows 11" to "We're doing some extra checking"

For several weeks my PC was ready to upgrade to Windows 11. Now I see "Get ready for Windows 11" with a "Check hardware requirements" link. When I click on that link I'm taken to a page which says "We’re doing some extra testing to make sure Windows 11 is ready for certain PCs—yours included." Looking at the current Windows 11 known issues, I see this open issue:Compatibility issues have been found between Oracle VirtualBox and Windows 11I am running Virtual Box. The Microsoft article references this Oracle ticket 20536. When I view that ticket on Oracle's site, the status is "c

:)

RobertGordon1, Dec 1, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 1, 2021
  3. RandelA Win User
    Legally download Windows 7 and 8

I have a product key that is genuine, is this a retail key? I got it free from my university's dreamspark. If so, I could do a clean install with an upgrade disc (provided at microsoft's site) without any extra steps such as registry editing, etc etc.. ?

RandelA, Dec 1, 2021
  4. steve108 Win User

PC transitioned from "Download and install Windows 11" to "We're doing some extra checking"

Windows 11??

John,
    If you're not trying to install Window 11 right now, look at, but don't do any of the workaround steps. Just letting you know so you're not tempted or confused and try any of them on your main PCs *Smile

If you have extra test PCs, then let me know how you like Windows 11 if you decide to try it with the workarounds.

steve108, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

PC transitioned from "Download and install Windows 11" to "We're doing some extra checking"

1. PC transitioned from "Download and install Windows 11" to "We're doing some extra checking" - Similar Threads - transitioned Download install

2. Download PC Health Check to Test Your PC for Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Download PC Health Check to Test Your PC for Windows 11: With the PC health check, you can now check if your system is compatible and ready for Windows 11. It will help identify any health problems your system may face and also let you know where your system is lacking in terms of Windows 11 compatibility. Downloading the PC...
  3. In windows Update i'm getting We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In windows Update i'm getting We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting...: So yesterday because of some malware which I have removed the Update service and some other service got deleted and when I asked for help a guy told me to download and run their those key registries , it worked fine yesterday wasn't showing any errors but now this :...
  4. In windows Update i'm getting We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In windows Update i'm getting We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting...: So yesterday because of some malware which I have removed the Update service and some other service got deleted and when I asked for help a guy told me to download and run their those key registries , it worked fine yesterday wasn't showing any errors but now this :...
  5. In windows Update i'm getting We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. PC transitioned from "Download and install Windows 11" to "We're doing some extra checking"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC transitioned from "Download and install Windows 11" to "We're doing some extra checking": For several weeks my PC was ready to upgrade to Windows 11. Now I see "Get ready for Windows 11" with a "Check hardware requirements" link. When I click on that link I'm taken to a page which says "We’re doing some extra testing to make sure Windows 11 is ready for certain...
  7. Windows Download PC Health Check

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Download PC Health Check: Tried to download PCHealth Check but it says "Blocked because this type of file may harm your device" Come on Microsoft, get your act together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-download-pc-health-check/bb168a8c-fb00-407c-9ee6-4a5fda8a3efe
  8. Can't download PC Health Check Installation Package

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download PC Health Check Installation Package: I tried to download the PC Health Check msi package from here. However, directly downloading it using Edge creates a 0KB file; downloading it using Internet Download Manager results in an infinite 0Byte/s waiting. I also tried saving the file to cloud storage, which also...
  9. We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting your device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We're having some trouble downloading updates. Restarting your device: I don't understand why but I'm getting this error after a few weeks not using the OS. "after it was updated" (since I mostly use windows 7 under a dual boot setup.) This is pretty much almost a clean install btw. anyways you can see from this picture I attached... My...
  10. PC will not always transition properly from sleep to hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC will not always transition properly from sleep to hibernate: Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot an issue where my laptop will not properly transition from sleep to hibernate mode automatically. The Hibernate function itself works just fine - I can activate it from the Start menu successfully. Also, it seems there is a relation to how...