Windows 10: Pc tries to go into recovery mode then just goes to a black screen

Discus and support Pc tries to go into recovery mode then just goes to a black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my PC keeps trying to boot into automatic recovery mode, after a circle of dots goes around a few times it switches to a black screen and never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BlueTea1, Mar 11, 2020.

1. BlueTea1 Win User

Pc tries to go into recovery mode then just goes to a black screen

Hi, my PC keeps trying to boot into automatic recovery mode, after a circle of dots goes around a few times it switches to a black screen and never leaves it.

What are some fixes I can do? And would getting a new hard drive this issue?

:)

BlueTea1, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Unable to boot the PC, stuck in recovery mode screen​

Hi Joe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to boot the PC normally as it is stuck in recovery mode.

1. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    2. What is the exact make and model of the PC?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Boot the PC into safe mode with networking and check if you are able to login. Refer the article to

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    From a black or blank screen.

Method 2:

Perform a system restore to revert the PC back to the state when everything was working fine. Refer the article

Recovery options in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Note:
    Do not reset the PC; resetting the PC will remove all the data and installed programs from the PC.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Laptop goes to black screen after turning on

We appreciate the update, Matt. Let's get your computer sorted by starting your PC in safe mode from the Windows recovery screen. After three failed boot attempts, Windows goes into recovery mode. It is a blue-colored screen with a title
    Choose an Option. To start in safe mode, follow the steps below:

• Use the power button to restart your computer three times while Windows is loading. This will start Windows Recovery Environment.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >
      Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    • You can also select Startup Repair and System Restore in the
      Advanced options screen to troubleshoot this issue.

If you can start your computer in safe mode from the recovery screen, we suggest that you

use the System File Checker tool
    to repair missing or corrupted system files. This scans for corruptions in Windows system files and restores corrupted files.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Pc tries to go into recovery mode then just goes to a black screen - Similar Threads - tries recovery mode

2. PC keeps going black and into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps going black and into sleep mode?: My computer turns the screens black after about 5 - 10 minutes of being idle with no mouse movement and after about 30 minutes it will go into sleep mode even though i have my computer set to never do that in settings. any help would be great thank you.Processor - AMD Ryzen 7...
  3. PC keeps going black and into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps going black and into sleep mode?: My computer turns the screens black after about 5 - 10 minutes of being idle with no mouse movement and after about 30 minutes it will go into sleep mode even though i have my computer set to never do that in settings. any help would be great thank you.Processor - AMD Ryzen 7...
  4. Black screen trying to go to bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen trying to go to bios: I cant acces bios using my grafik cardgeting black screen but when I use motherbord grafik card it works.I also dont get a normal startup screen when using grafik card but works fine with moterbord.Windows 11....
  5. Black screen trying to go to bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen trying to go to bios: I cant acces bios using my grafik cardgeting black screen but when I use motherbord grafik card it works.I also dont get a normal startup screen when using grafik card but works fine with moterbord.Windows 11....
  6. Pc wont go on Recovery mode.. Everytime startup it goes black screen then boot again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc wont go on Recovery mode.. Everytime startup it goes black screen then boot again: My Toshiba laptop wont go on recovery mode since i factory reset then accidentally shut down it. And when i boot it up, It keeps getting black screen then boot again and again... Any solution to fix this?...
  7. Pc stuck at this screen. When i try to go into recovery mode it shows Performing automatic...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc stuck at this screen. When i try to go into recovery mode it shows Performing automatic...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dav123719 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ic5wpb/pc_stuck_at_this_screen_when_i_try_to_go_into/
  8. pc going to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc going to black screen: so 2 days ago i installed a geforce gtx 1650 low profile in my dell optiplex 7010 DT and everything was going fine but then after the first day my pc started to go to black screen and stays but now when i boost it works for like a minute then goes black screen could it be...
  9. Screen goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black: I am using Windows 10, my setup is running the most recent windows update, and I keep my system safe with up to date Norton360. But I am pretty computer illiterate. So I ask with the utter most sincerity to simplify as much as you can. I've been having a reoccurring problem...
  10. pc turns in and goes to a black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc turns in and goes to a black screen: Did reset and it never finished now it just goes to a black screen 88228