Windows 10: PC troubles, power failure caused?

Discus and support PC troubles, power failure caused? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just before my Computer failed I had a series of local power failures. After this It started to boot up funny it would rapidly scroll through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by transmaster, Nov 8, 2020.

1. PC troubles, power failure caused?

Just before my Computer failed I had a series of local power failures. After this It started to boot up funny it would rapidly scroll through the boards diagnostic codes getting to A2 then starting over again several times in the end it stopped on 66. The BIOS screen is not coming up. I have been unable to download to a thumb drive it BOS because I dont another PC to do it. To end this problem I purchase a refurbished Lenovo ThinkCentre M93P ($181 USD) It has an i5 Intel with Windows 10 pro loaded. My Hamradio friends rave about this little system. With it I can load a thumb drive and attempt to reload the Bios on the big PC. I figure I have nothing to loose.

:)

transmaster, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

driver power state failure help!

Hi,

It is possible that the error Driver Power State Failure you received is can be caused by
    the driver itself or power settings.
    To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by S M Mahmudul Hasan
    on this thread on how to troubleshoot Driver Power State
    Failure.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Nov 8, 2020
  4. PC troubles, power failure caused?

power issue

Hello,

Most of the time, this issue is caused by external devices that are possibly keeping the PC active which then results in the screen/display not turning off even after you've set the power settings. Try disconnecting any external devices, usually gaming devices,
    and check if the issue persists.

We also suggest running the Power troubleshooter to automatically troubleshoot any power issue. Just follow the steps below:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

PC troubles, power failure caused?

1. PC troubles, power failure caused? - Similar Threads - troubles power failure

2. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown: Hi all, for almost two weeks now I've been having troubles turning off my PC as every time I shut it down or restart it it takes ~5 minutes then it launches a BSOD with the error "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE".After reading online what the possible solution could've been I've...
  3. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown: Hi all, for almost two weeks now I've been having troubles turning off my PC as every time I shut it down or restart it it takes ~5 minutes then it launches a BSOD with the error "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE".After reading online what the possible solution could've been I've...
  4. HDAudBus causing a driver state power failure 9f?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDAudBus causing a driver state power failure 9f?: Hello everyone, my windows 10 computer continues to shut down at random, displaying the message "Driver State Power Failure". When I open the DMP file, it points to it being the HDAudBus. SYMBOL_NAME: HDAudBus!HdAudBusSelfManagedIoSuspend+93MODULE_NAME: HDAudBusIMAGE_NAME:...
  5. HDAudBus causing a driver state power failure 9f?

HDAudBus causing a driver state power failure 9f?: Hello everyone, my windows 10 computer continues to shut down at random, displaying the message "Driver State Power Failure". When I open the DMP file, it points to it being the HDAudBus. SYMBOL_NAME: HDAudBus!HdAudBusSelfManagedIoSuspend+93MODULE_NAME: HDAudBusIMAGE_NAME:...
  6. HDAudBus causing a driver state power failure 9f?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure

PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure: This has happened twice. Background:My PC crashes sometimes, and I don't know why. No minidump is created, and the event log shows kernel power event ID 41. There is no sustained bluescreen after the crash--the bluescreen either doesn't appear or just flashes before the PC...
  8. Blue Screen is caused by Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen is caused by Driver Power State Failure: Hello, could anyone analyze the minidump file created when my computer encountered a blue screen? This will help me to know what specific driver is causing the issue. Thank you.Here is the minidump...
  9. Blue Screen is caused by Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen is caused by Driver Power State Failure: Hello, could anyone analyze the minidump file created when my computer encountered a blue screen? This will help me to know what specific driver is causing the issue. Thank you.Here is the minidump...
  10. Keyboard failure causes unexpected power off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard failure causes unexpected power off: Last night my M-I-L's computer just turned itself unexpectedly. I mean like someone pulled the plug on it. I thought maybe she popped a circuit breaker. Power to everything else was on, so turned the computer back on - booted up, gave me the message at bootup about unexpected...