Windows 10: PC trying to open it up and it tells me to go live.com....I haven't used that web site in...

Discus and support PC trying to open it up and it tells me to go live.com....I haven't used that web site in... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to be able to put a PW into my Desk Top or PC to open it up?!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cynthia M.Smith, Nov 30, 2020.

1. PC trying to open it up and it tells me to go live.com....I haven't used that web site in...

I want to be able to put a PW into my Desk Top or PC to open it up?!

:)

Cynthia M.Smith, Nov 30, 2020

2. While opening web page it tells not connected can't find web page

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that whenever you try to open website from the web browser you get error message saying that “Not connect can’t find webpage”.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Are you facing this issue on any particular web browser?

2. Which browser are you using currently?

3. Are you facing this issue when you are trying to open any particular website?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

If you are using Internet Explorer then follow the below method

Method 1:
    Internet Connection troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

Press Windows key + X Key, select
    Control panel

Change the view by option on the top right to
    Large icons.

Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Also refer the below article on "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/956196

(Applies to Windows 10)(In Windows 10 directly type Settings in Search Bar and then Enter)

If you are using Microsoft Edge browser then follow the below method and check if it helps,

Method 2:

I suggest you to clear all browsing data and cache files from the Microsoft Edge browser and check if it helps. I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.
    • After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.
    • Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.
    • Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Opening web pages in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Which web browser are you using?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Open the Web page.
    • Click on Gear icon at the top right corner.
    • Click on File and select Save as
    • You can save in different format.
    • Open file Explorer select and right click on web page which is saved in File Explorer.
    • Select open with and Select WordPad or notepad.
    • There you will be able to Edit .

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 30, 2020
  4. PC trying to open it up and it tells me to go live.com....I haven't used that web site in...

can,t open downloads

Hi Lori,

We want to know more about the issue you are having with your downloaded files that won't open. Kindly provide answers to the questions below:

• Can you tell us what is the file format that you're trying to open?

• Have you tried downloading this files before and did not have any issue?

• Have you made changes to the settings of your PC?

For the meantime, please check this article about
    downloading files from your PC. Please look under the section Find files you've downloaded from your PC and check if it helps solve the concern.

Let us know how it goes.

Robert Caw, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

PC trying to open it up and it tells me to go live.com....I haven't used that web site in...

1. PC trying to open it up and it tells me to go live.com....I haven't used that web site in... - Similar Threads - trying open tells

2. Can not open two web sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not open two web sites: HiStrange thing that I can not open two sites from my PC:1- Opera.com it only open when I run a vpn and I tried browsers like FFox, Edge, Chrome also from my mobile it does not open. I contacted my ISP they say it is working. Contact Opera.com but they never replay !!.2-...
  3. Can not open two web sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not open two web sites: HiStrange thing that I can not open two sites from my PC:1- Opera.com it only open when I run a vpn and I tried browsers like FFox, Edge, Chrome also from my mobile it does not open. I contacted my ISP they say it is working. Contact Opera.com but they never replay !!.2-...
  4. Making a Web Site Logo Live

in Browsers and Email
    Making a Web Site Logo Live: Win 10 Pro 20H2 19042.906 Hi, Hope I'm describing what I want good enough. There was a time back in XP & 7 days I could drag some company website logos to my desktop, manualy associate their website to it then by clicking on it I would be taken straight to the website....
  5. live .com

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    live .com: People have to contact me first for me to be able me to reply to them.All of my contact addresses have a ; after them,started about 5 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-com/6e1ae4de-6ac2-4888-a9ee-7719173fc0e1
  6. web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web site: i went to a website and there address does not exist how do they keep operateing Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site/dccdf822-e964-4953-9e97-24c91beab5cd
  7. Web browser keeps directing me to a site telling me my PC is affected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web browser keeps directing me to a site telling me my PC is affected: I was browsing on my new laptop when the screen was suddenly taken over by this web address https://****ssistance.site/redeix01-fgdf564564-vbbcv46-dsf56d4f56dxv-cxc564x-dfdsfds646xcx-xds7fs8456x-xxvx564x56ds-fvxdds49874/act/edgx01/. The following appears on the screen with a...
  8. Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps: Hi, everyone. We just had new Windows 10 machines installed at work. (Dell Optiplex 3040) Our old PC's were Windows 7 and I always used Firefox as my browser. Never had any issues on W7. The new PC, however, is opening Firefox to http://hp.hfindingformspro, every night...
  9. Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps: Hi, everyone. We just had new Windows 10 machines installed at work. (Dell Optiplex 3040) Our old PC's were Windows 7 and I always used Firefox as my browser. Never had any issues on W7. The new PC, however, is opening Firefox to http://hp.hfindingformspro, every night...
  10. Firefox: Recently when I try to use it, it comes up under the web site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox: Recently when I try to use it, it comes up under the web site: I have used Firefox for quite some time. Recently when I try to use it, it comes up under the web site http//weather.mysearches.co/. Mcafee has deemed this web site as risky, probably because of the http only. this is on a Windows 10 system. I want to delete this site but not...