Windows 10: PC turned off during factory reset, what to do?!

Discus and support PC turned off during factory reset, what to do?! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What happen`s if you Restart PC while Factory Reset? I don`t have any USB or DVD! Thx, Greetings!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nicolaj1986, Nov 16, 2020.

1. PC turned off during factory reset, what to do?!

What happen`s if you Restart PC while Factory Reset?

I don`t have any USB or DVD!

Thx, Greetings!

:)

Nicolaj1986, Nov 16, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 16, 2020
  3. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 16, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

PC turned off during factory reset, what to do?!

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

PC turned off during factory reset, what to do?!

1. PC turned off during factory reset, what to do?! - Similar Threads - turned off during

2. what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc: i am factory resetting my pc last night and the power suddenly gone and now when i am opening my pc, the cpu is running but in the monitor it is still black, just black screen. please help mee...
  3. what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc: i am factory resetting my pc last night and the power suddenly gone and now when i am opening my pc, the cpu is running but in the monitor it is still black, just black screen. please help mee...
  4. what to do if it suddenly turns off in the power outage while factory resetting the pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  6. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  7. Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset: A day before yesterday my PC was working very slow, So i restarted it but it stuck at 33% and accidently I shut it down, Now when I switch it on and try to reset it through advanced option it doesn't get restart and shows “There was an problem restarting the PC”...
  8. Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset: A day before yesterday my PC was working very slow, So i restarted it but it stuck at 33% and accidently I shut it down, Now when I switch it on and try to reset it through advanced option it doesn't get restart and shows “There was an problem restarting the PC”...
  9. Pc turned off during reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc turned off during reset: I was resetting my pc to sell then The screen froze and about 10 minutes later it turned off and now every time I turn it back on a page comes up saying my pc had an unexpected restart and says press ok to download windows and every time I press ok it does the same thing over...
  10. I turned off my pc during a factory reset, wont post.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I turned off my pc during a factory reset, wont post.: So i was factory resetting my pc and i accidentally turned my pc off. After trying to repair my drive in start up recovery for an hour i went to cmd and typed exit. My screen turned blue and wouldnt change. I turned my pc off then back on and all fans were spinning and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Pc turns off while reseting windows

2. What to do if resetting laptop turn off

3. power off during factory reset