Windows 10: PC turned off while updating Windows

Discus and support PC turned off while updating Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was Updating my windows 10 to the newest version i.e. version 2004 that Microsoft released on 9th June. But unfortunately there was a power cut in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RohilDalal, Jun 21, 2020.

1. PC turned off while updating Windows

I was Updating my windows 10 to the newest version i.e. version 2004 that Microsoft released on 9th June. But unfortunately there was a power cut in my area and my pc turned off. It was showing "Working on Updates and 85% complete" before it got turned off. After few moments I again started my PC, It was showing me "Undoing changes made to your computer". And after few moments my computer started with the older version of windows. I was unable to update it.I have checked in Settings>Windows update but couldn't find any option to update my windows again. Kindly help me how can I update my windows now. It's showing failed to update windows but not giving me any option to update it again.

I will be very thankful to you. I had attached few screenshots below.

PC turned off while updating Windows 87324675-c81f-4b03-822a-9be9b7be15f4?upload=true.png

PC turned off while updating Windows cbbe175a-7b54-47cb-af39-796aa0d9d123?upload=true.jpg

:)

RohilDalal, Jun 21, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 21, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 21, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

PC turned off while updating Windows

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC turned off while updating Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

PC turned off while updating Windows

1. PC turned off while updating Windows - Similar Threads - turned off while

2. Turned off pc while resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned off pc while resetting: I accidentally turned off my pc when it was factory resetting and now whenever I turn it on it just show republic of gamers loading screen then goes to hdmi no signal screen it just keeps repeating idk what to do please help* Changed to a question...
  3. Turned off pc while resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turned off pc while resetting: I accidentally turned off my pc when it was factory resetting and now whenever I turn it on it just show republic of gamers loading screen then goes to hdmi no signal screen it just keeps repeating idk what to do please help* Changed to a question...
  4. Pc turning off while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc turning off while gaming: My pc is turning off while gaming without any warnings or popups, my event viewer is flooded with event id: 28 and event id:41specsi7 12700f3070ti16gb ddr4Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2...
  5. Pc turning off while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc turning off while gaming: My pc is turning off while gaming without any warnings or popups, my event viewer is flooded with event id: 28 and event id:41specsi7 12700f3070ti16gb ddr4Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2...
  6. Someone accidentally turned off my PC while it is was updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Someone accidentally turned off my PC while it is was updating: Visible issues(custom desktop background missing, and account icon looks wonky) after the incident happened, no functional problems. Is there a way to overwrite on top of the update to fix itself. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/JuDg3_Jacob...
  7. Computer turn off while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer turn off while updating: Hello so i wanted to install new version of Windows which is 1909 I am on 1803 whenever i try to do it, it come to 21 % and then my computer shut down and doesn't start again. I recently bought new power supply and computer never turn off, only while its updating. I did sfc...
  8. Consequence of turnings off the pc while updating windows 10

Consequence of turnings off the pc while updating windows 10: My computer was turned off during an update. It starts normally, has a prompt at the bottom that says, "attempting to recover installation" for a split second followed by, "undoing changes to your computer ." Then immediately restarts and does that cycle over and over. Not...
  9. Windows turns itself off while updating

Windows turns itself off while updating: Everytime I try to update my Windows it shuts itself down around 27%~48% and when I reboot it it reverts to the previous version so I'm never able to update my computer....
  10. PC turns off while in use.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns off while in use.: My PC turns off while I am using it. If it sits idle for over 20 seconds, it shuts down. I have to hit the ON/OFF switch and wait for it to re-boot back up. It takes me back to where I was at. [moved from office forum]...