Windows 10: PC turning on just before being turned off

Discus and support PC turning on just before being turned off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Dear friends, I have this problem since almost 1 year, my PC works just fine all the time. When I turn it off, automatically it turns on itself (I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/elongated_boii, Jan 4, 2021.

1. PC turning on just before being turned off

Dear friends,

I have this problem since almost 1 year, my PC works just fine all the time. When I turn it off, automatically it turns on itself (I do not touch mouse or keyboard). Then I need to turn it off again and then it does not turn on again. Please, if someone can help me. I changed my PSU and the problem is still there.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/elongated_boii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/elongated_boii, Jan 4, 2021

2. PC turn on, but no graphic on monitor

are sure it turn on? not shut down by it self
    if you dont move anything
    i suggest try to put the board off from the case and re test again

micropage7, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Turning Cortana Back On

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens when you try to turn it on?
    • Do you get any error message when your trying to turn it on?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer after you turned Cortana Off?

For now, I would suggest that follow the steps below and check if you are able to start Cortana.

• Go Settings, Time & Language, Speech, Speech, inking, & typing
      privacy settings.
    • Get to know me - turns Cortana on

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

PC turning on just before being turned off

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

PC turning on just before being turned off

1. PC turning on just before being turned off - Similar Threads - turning before being

2. PC turns on a for second and then turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on a for second and then turn off: So I was using my Windows PC like normal, and then my monitor started flashing orangeI was panicking, so I cut the power offTurned the power on again, the PC was running like normal for 5 minutes and then the monitor went blackPlugged the cable on and off didn't workSo I...
  3. PC turns on a for second and then turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns on a for second and then turn off: So I was using my Windows PC like normal, and then my monitor started flashing orangeI was panicking, so I cut the power offTurned the power on again, the PC was running like normal for 5 minutes and then the monitor went blackPlugged the cable on and off didn't workSo I...
  4. PC turns on a for second and then turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  6. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  7. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. Pc turning off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pc turning off: So recently my pc started randomly turning off, but in quite weird way. The screen always turns black and after while my pc goes to the normal part where you put in the password so you get into your account, but the actual computer never turns off so iam not even close...
  9. Pc turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc turns off: This has happened twice while gaming on my laptop.It turns off completely than won't turn on unless I remove the battery and put it back in after that it sais bios battery low and to select date. I exit out it sais check media fail than I work normally with the computer....
  10. PC not turning off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not turning off: i upgraded my Win 10 PC, new MB, CPU, RAM & HDD a while ago but not really used it too much The problem i have is that the PC doesn't shut down and clicking on start > shut down, it just reboots. When i press the on button on the case for 5+ seconds to turn the PC off it...