Windows 10: PC turns back on again using "shutdown"

Discus and support PC turns back on again using "shutdown" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I have had my pc for about a year and I have run into a strange problem. Sometimes my pc reboots on shutdown. (The fast startup one without holding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DynamittHarry2020, Jan 19, 2021.

1. PC turns back on again using "shutdown"

Hi. I have had my pc for about a year and I have run into a strange problem. Sometimes my pc reboots on shutdown. (The fast startup one without holding shift.) This have happened twice now. I had not updated my Nvidia driver for a while and windows decided to install a very old driver. I installed the latest one myself to be up to date for once and on the 15th it happened for the first time. I read some online, thinking it to be a driver problem and updated again. Last night, the 19th, it happened again. Its only ever happened when using the shutdown option without holding shift to fully power down. Pc seems normal otherwise.

In the eventlog I have the generic event 41 and 6008 events. I also have event 1001 Bugcheck with the following:

1st time: 0x0000010e (0x0000000000000033, 0xffffe10574ffa5a0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000).

2nd time: 0x0000010e (0x0000000000000033, 0xffffcb02033acdb0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000).

My current driver is 461.09. Win 10 Pro up to date.

My pc:

2070 Super

Intel Core i7-9700F CPU

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2933MHz 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 2933MHz

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD

ASUS ROG Strix B365-F GAMING, Socket-1151

ASUS ROG Strix 650, 650W PSU

From what I can find it is a fastboot bug? It also does not happen evertime I use "fastboot shutdown".

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

submitted by /u/DynamittHarry2020
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DynamittHarry2020, Jan 19, 2021

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jan 19, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 19, 2021
  4. pigulici Win User

PC turns back on again using "shutdown"

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

PC turns back on again using "shutdown"

1. PC turns back on again using "shutdown" - Similar Threads - turns again using

2. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  3. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  4. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC starts after shutdown again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC starts after shutdown again and again: I have this problemalready for years where when i shutdown my pc normally it will turn itself on after 3 seconds and boot up, the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button and force it to shutdown, that way it stays turned off. which is obviously not the best thing...
  6. PC starts after shutdown again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC starts after shutdown again and again: I have this problemalready for years where when i shutdown my pc normally it will turn itself on after 3 seconds and boot up, the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button and force it to shutdown, that way it stays turned off. which is obviously not the best thing...
  7. PC shutdown while watching a video and doesnt turn on again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shutdown while watching a video and doesnt turn on again: submitted by /u/pascalofficial [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uvo495/pc_shutdown_while_watching_a_video_and_doesnt/
  8. PC shutdown while watching a video and doesnt turn on again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shutdown while watching a video and doesnt turn on again: submitted by /u/pascalofficial [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uvo40b/pc_shutdown_while_watching_a_video_and_doesnt/
  9. If I click 'Restart' the pc will turn off but not back on again.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    If I click 'Restart' the pc will turn off but not back on again.: Basically the title, if I click 'Restart' or if I update and the computer has to restarting during the update, it will turn off but not back on again, it will turn on to the point of being able to access BIOS but not further. I am able to turn it on again but turning off the...
  10. If I click 'Restart' the pc will turn off but not back on again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I click 'Restart' the pc will turn off but not back on again.: Basically the title, if I click 'Restart' or if I update and the computer has to restarting during the update, it will turn off but not back on again, it will turn on to the point of being able to access BIOS but not further. I am able to turn it on again but turning off the...