Windows 10: Pc turns black screen, monitor shows resolution changes to 1920x1078 and restarts

Discus and support Pc turns black screen, monitor shows resolution changes to 1920x1078 and restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This started happening like 3 months ago, my pc is I7 870, R9 380 4gb 8gb ram and 400w psu, i dont know whats the cause im asuming its hdd its like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VeljkoScekic, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Pc turns black screen, monitor shows resolution changes to 1920x1078 and restarts

This started happening like 3 months ago, my pc is I7 870, R9 380 4gb 8gb ram and 400w psu, i dont know whats the cause im asuming its hdd its like whenever i run anything all time 100% and pc is turning on ~6 minutes i changed cpu 5 months ago i dont have good cooler for it but it never goes over 80C when it turns off, i ran some games to check will pc turn off like fortnite put it to 92 at one point and nothing. I did Furmark on my gpu everything is good also my psu is 400w and i think its not the problem since its been working before that. Im starting to get worried, everything literally everything could be, cpu, motherboard, psu, hdd, ram... Im thinking about trying to pull off 4gb ram sticks i added a year ago maybe they are the problem,

:)

VeljkoScekic, Apr 7, 2021

2. Issues with the second monitor as it shows black screen

Original Title: Second Monitor Black Screen

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 with a 1920x1080 resolution monitor connected via HDMI. I recently connected a second monitor via VGA with an unknown resolution (Windows usually defaults it to 1024x768). After a bit of messing around I was able to get both monitors
    working via Extend Displays. However, I changed the resolution on the second monitor, leading to it going black. I tried changing the resolution back to how it was but nothing happened. The monitor itself is fine and when I change other settings (show only
    on 2, duplicate displays) the monitor works and displays everything fine. It only doesn't work when I extend the display. I have tried changing the display to different resolutions (higher and lower) and nothing happens (the main monitor works fine). I tried
    disconnecting everything but nothing works. Is there some sort of solution to my problem?

Update:

I restarted the computer and the first two screens (the manufacturer's logo and the first loading screen) appeared on both monitors, but after that the second one was black.

avanhandel, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 7, 2021
  4. AroArijan Win User

Pc turns black screen, monitor shows resolution changes to 1920x1078 and restarts

Resolution changes on restart

My display resolution changes everytime i restart my pc.

When i shut down my pc and then turn it on,the resolution is normal

I need help, i have the latest drivers.

I want to change my default monitor resolution to a higher one

AroArijan, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Pc turns black screen, monitor shows resolution changes to 1920x1078 and restarts

1. Pc turns black screen, monitor shows resolution changes to 1920x1078 and restarts - Similar Threads - turns black screen

2. Pc turns to black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc turns to black screen: This week my pc started restarting himself and its randomly one when i playing one when i tried open a game its happened 2 times and today its just turns to black and my monitor said no singal after that my pc just stand open until i press power button and shutdown it....
  3. Monitor Showing Black Screen

Monitor Showing Black Screen: Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 from windows 7. I used a monitor just fine on windows 7, but I only get a black screen on windows 10. I know what you're thinking, but I've updated all my drivers and tested all my cables and the monitor. They all work separately, but...
  4. Screen Resolution Stuck After Turning Monitor Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Resolution Stuck After Turning Monitor Off: I built a PC for gaming recently and encountered some strange behavior. Namely, if I turn the (1440p, DP) monitor off with the computer on, the resolution switches to 1024x768 (with the option of 800x600) and will not switch back until I reboot. Has anyone seen this?...
  5. Pc showing black screen and keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc showing black screen and keeps restarting: This is a long one. After restarting my pc to install the latest windows update, I notice I can only use 8gb out of my 16gb of ram, and the ram was running at 1333mhz instead of 3000mhz. I open msconfig and set it so I can use all my ram. I restart my pc, then blue screen,...
  6. Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor

Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor: I have a Surface Laptop 3, and a Viotek 34" ultrawide monitor, connected through the Microsoft docking station using Display port to Mini-Display port. When I originally connected my laptop, I was able to adjust the external monitor's resolution with no problem. Recently,...
  7. Resolution changes on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution changes on restart: My display resolution changes everytime i restart my pc. When i shut down my pc and then turn it on,the resolution is normal I need help, i have the latest drivers. I want to change my default monitor resolution to a higher one...
  8. Screen resolution changes when monitor is turned off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution changes when monitor is turned off: Hi guys. First off lemme start by praising the people who run and post on this board, it's an endless mine of informations and a never ending academy for learning all the tips and tricks of anything pc-related...so keep up the good work guys! Unfortunately I'm writing here...
  9. Screen Turns Off and Desktop Resolution Changes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Turns Off and Desktop Resolution Changes: The title probably could use some work. Feel free to edit, anyone, if you know a better one. Here's the deal: I've got a big monitor running the recommended 3840 x 2160 resolution. I have items all over my desktop that I am working with. If I let the screen sleep...
  10. Automatic change screen resolution and turn off pc Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic change screen resolution and turn off pc Sound: Dear Sir I setup several times my pc. After setup its running well but when i connect net after some times windows change its resolution automatically and turn off pc sound. Please help me to get out from this problem. Arif 29008