Windows 10: PC turns itself back on, after being shut down.

Discus and support PC turns itself back on, after being shut down. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; There has been a lot of discusion about windows 10 turning itself back on after being "Shut Down" I myself have had the same issue, and thinking it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KenToole, Nov 17, 2019.

1. KenToole Win User

PC turns itself back on, after being shut down.

There has been a lot of discusion about windows 10 turning itself back on after being "Shut Down" I myself have had the same issue,

and thinking it could be an Update which has caused said re-start. various fixes have been mentioned, such as altering Windows 10 sleep/Power settings

etc, However In my case it was the LAN wake settings, on my PC, so in my case I navigated to:- Control panel/Device Manager/Network Adapters/(Your Adapter)/left click Properties/Power Management/untick =Allow this device to wake up Computer.

This was my solution, however I can't tack credit for "this fix" but it worked for me, hope it works for anyone why has tried all the many other solutions.

:)

KenToole, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Kordi Win User

Turning on/shutting down issue

Hello,
    I cannot turn on my PC at all until I unplug something, like when I try to turn it on it doesn't work, I unplug the Display port then I turn it on and after it turns on I replug it.
    I also have problems with shutting down, I sit the pc down from Windows and it shows me the "shutting down" thing and then it suddenly shuts off like it's been unplugged from the wall.
    I have my AC, phone, monitor, router and PC.
    And I'm using some extensions and adapters because the wall plug is pretty far.
    By the way I replaced my Mobo CPU, ram and GPU because the previous build had other problems.
    System Builder
    Thanks in advance.

Kordi, Nov 17, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 17, 2019
  4. V45CH3 Win User

PC shuts down after turning it on

Hello. I have a problem with my pc. I have windows 10 installed, and have formatted and installed windows all over again trying to fix this problem but it didn't do it. When I turn on my pc, the windows logo appears for a few seconds and then the computer shuts off. When I press the power button one more time it turns on and loads windows perfectly. This is a problem for me because I cannot hibernate anymore, since everytime I hibernate and then press the power button for the first time the computer shuts off. I don't know what else to do. What do you suggest? Has this ever happened to anyone? Thanks.

V45CH3, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

1. PC turns itself back on, after being shut down. - Similar Threads - turns itself being

2. PC turns itself back on after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns itself back on after shut down: Happened to me this morning, i got off my computer and clicked on shutdown and immediately after it restarted. I retried shutting it down today but it just restarts....
  3. PC turns itself back on after shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns itself back on after shut down: Happened to me this morning, i got off my computer and clicked on shutdown and immediately after it restarted. I retried shutting it down today but it just restarts....
  4. PC turns itself back on after shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN: Hi, I have a problem that started yesterday...When I SHUT DOWN my laptop, a few seconds later I see it already turned ON, and when I decided to watch it doing that, I found out that it doesn't even show me the normal Boot sequence, my screen just turns ON as if I just put my...
  6. My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN: Hi, I have a problem that started yesterday...When I SHUT DOWN my laptop, a few seconds later I see it already turned ON, and when I decided to watch it doing that, I found out that it doesn't even show me the normal Boot sequence, my screen just turns ON as if I just put my...
  7. My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN: Hi, I have a problem that started yesterday...When I SHUT DOWN my laptop, a few seconds later I see it already turned ON, and when I decided to watch it doing that, and I found that it doesn't even show me the normal Boot sequence, my screen just turns ON as if I just put my...
  8. Laptop turns itself back on as soon as shutting down

Laptop turns itself back on as soon as shutting down: My laptop has been turning itself right back on as soon as I shut it down. I have tried several different things from deactivating mouse, keyboard and bluetooth devices from waking the computer up to running system scan to fix corrupt files. I also tried turning off fast...
  9. After force shut down, PC won't turn back on

After force shut down, PC won't turn back on: I have windows 10 and my computer wasn't logging in (stuck at 'welcome' screen) so I force powered off my computer by holding the power button. I tried turning it back on, but it wouldn't. The lights weren't turning on, on my PC or my mouse and keyboard. The only thing that...
  10. PC shuts down after turning it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts down after turning it on: Hello. I have a problem with my pc. I have windows 10 installed, and have formatted and installed windows all over again trying to fix this problem but it didn't do it. When I turn on my pc, the windows logo appears for a few seconds and then the computer shuts off. When I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows turns blck then back