Windows 10: PC turns off 5 minutes after Windows does on manual soft turn-off

Discus and support PC turns off 5 minutes after Windows does on manual soft turn-off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not sure where to post this because I can't identify the problem. Basically the sequence of events is, I turn PC off from the windows start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/generalcondon, Jan 12, 2020.

1. PC turns off 5 minutes after Windows does on manual soft turn-off

I'm not sure where to post this because I can't identify the problem. Basically the sequence of events is, I turn PC off from the windows start menu like you would any computer, Windows proceeds to shut off without problems, but then my PC keeps running 5 more minutes until it either shuts down or Windows starts up again into a bluescreen

Bluescreen error says DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

My PC is not new, the mobo, CPU and RAM I bought 8 months ago, rest of components are about 2 years old. MSI mobo, intel CPU, AMD card

Another related issue is, I'm struggling to install some drivers. Mostly intel and mobo related ones.

The pc works without problems other than these.

submitted by /u/generalcondon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/generalcondon, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

Let's start with the obvious, did you click 'Save changes'?

PC turns off 5 minutes after Windows does on manual soft turn-off [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Swifty Win User
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes.
    I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on.

Any suggestions why this is not working?

Swifty, Jan 12, 2020
  4. gmopro Win User

PC turns off 5 minutes after Windows does on manual soft turn-off

PC is turning off after 3 minutes, but i have screen saver set for 5 minutes and turn off set for 15 minutes.

Not sure why it is doing this.

I tested it 2 times and both times it turns off the screen and keyboard light after about 3 minutes. Odd.

WHat settings other than Turning Off Pc wait time that would do this? Shouldnt turn off until 15 minutes of inactivity while plugged in. That is the setting. It should kick into screen saver mode after 5 minutes.

My sleep mode wait time is 1 hour plugged in so that isnt it.

gmopro, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

PC turns off 5 minutes after Windows does on manual soft turn-off

1. PC turns off 5 minutes after Windows does on manual soft turn-off - Similar Threads - turns off minutes

2. Printer turns off after pc is turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer turns off after pc is turned on: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro installed and my printer is an Epson Stylus cx5600. The printer works fine and I can print without any problem. When i turn the computer off, the printer stays turned on which is fine.But when I turn the pc on again, the printer turns OFF. How can I...
  3. Printer turns off after pc is turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer turns off after pc is turned on: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro installed and my printer is an Epson Stylus cx5600. The printer works fine and I can print without any problem. When i turn the computer off, the printer stays turned on which is fine.But when I turn the pc on again, the printer turns OFF. How can I...
  4. Printer turns off after pc is turned on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  6. Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.: Hello. I have a HP 15s-eq0005nv laptop. Since I bought this laptop 9 months ago, every time I get an update something goes wrong and "breaks". Recently I have been having a huge problem with this laptop. When I click to shut down my laptop the screen turns off normally, but...
  7. Webinar turns off after 10 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Webinar turns off after 10 minutes.: When I listen to a webinar my Windows 10 turns off after about 10 minutes. How do I change that? I have already adjusted the power options but that does not stop the turning off. Thanks, Mary...
  8. computor turn off at 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    computor turn off at 5 minutes: where do I go to get the timing of screen shut down opened to a longer time. I am in the middle of reading or watch something and the 'puter keeps closing down on me. This sucks....
  9. Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.: I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes. I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on. Any suggestions why this is not working? 100518
  10. PC is turning completely off? Set to turn off screen at 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is turning completely off? Set to turn off screen at 10 minutes: I use the PC, walk away, and everytime it sits awhile it is off when I go back. I have to push power button, it boots showing the bios screen just like it actually is completely off. There are no lights on, the PC does not react to keyboard or mouse, only the power...