Windows 10: PC turns off and on

Discus and support PC turns off and on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a problem with my PC, it keeps turning off and on and so on. After a few times of the computer doing this it turns on fully and I can use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Praxand, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Praxand Win User

PC turns off and on

I have a problem with my PC, it keeps turning off and on and so on. After a few times of the computer doing this it turns on fully and I can use everything. This mostly happens when I'm playing Rust.

:)

Praxand, Jan 4, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 4, 2021
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jan 4, 2021
  4. jorog(2) Win User

PC turns off and on

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

PC turns off and on

1. PC turns off and on - Similar Threads - turns off

2. I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on: I even removed the software that i turned Defender off, still no good It shows That I have another anti-virus but I have no other anti-virus installed than Defender I am also attaching an image...
  3. I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on: I even removed the software that i turned Defender off, still no good It shows That I have another anti-virus but I have no other anti-virus installed than Defender I am also attaching an image...
  4. The night light cannot be turned off after AMD suddenly crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The night light cannot be turned off after AMD suddenly crashes: I'm no longer surprised when my AMD driver crashes when I'm playing a game, but this time it's different, I was playing the Farlight 84 game, about 10 minutes of playing, the AMD suddenly crashed accompanied by Windows freezing, there was only the sound of the game, I...
  5. The night light cannot be turned off after AMD suddenly crashes

The night light cannot be turned off after AMD suddenly crashes: I'm no longer surprised when my AMD driver crashes when I'm playing a game, but this time it's different, I was playing the Farlight 84 game, about 10 minutes of playing, the AMD suddenly crashed accompanied by Windows freezing, there was only the sound of the game, I...
  6. The night light cannot be turned off after AMD suddenly crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?: How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?Microsoft Support Community You have a reply to a question...
  8. How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?: How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?Microsoft Support Community You have a reply to a question...
  9. How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?

10. My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...: My laptop has been stuck of the configuring windows loading screen for the past half an hour and I genuinely do not know what to do. I have so much work to get done and don't have the time to wait for it to finally restart if it even does restart that is....