Windows 10: Pc turns off but not on again when restarting

Discus and support Pc turns off but not on again when restarting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have tried to restart the pc several times and when you click restart, it powers down completely and does not turn back on. I am trying to clear my C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mr Tims, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Mr Tims Win User

Pc turns off but not on again when restarting

I have tried to restart the pc several times and when you click restart, it powers down completely and does not turn back on. I am trying to clear my C drive and this requires me to do a restart, which fails as it turns off every time.

Any help would be much appreciated

:)

Mr Tims, Mar 22, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 22, 2020
  3. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Pc turns off but not on again when restarting

MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Pc turns off but not on again when restarting

1. Pc turns off but not on again when restarting - Similar Threads - turns off again

2. PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts: As the title indicates, my PC has randomly restarted ie screen black, mechanical light up keyboard and mouse go black and then restarts. There is no rhyme or reason, most of the time I am just browsing the internet i.e a fairly light load. About a month ago, my CPU was...
  3. PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly Turns off and Restarts: As the title indicates, my PC has randomly restarted ie screen black, mechanical light up keyboard and mouse go black and then restarts. There is no rhyme or reason, most of the time I am just browsing the internet i.e a fairly light load. About a month ago, my CPU was...
  4. I started my pc and it turned off and turned on again

I started my pc and it turned off and turned on again: If anyone can help! Thank you! My PC started up and then it turned off and on again. This happened twice so far in like the span of 3 days. This hasn't happened before. These are all the warnings and events that happened during that time:Windows failed fast startup with error...
  5. I started my pc and it turned off and turned on again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I started my pc and it turned off and turned on again: If anyone can help! Thank you! My PC started up and then it turned off and on again. This happened twice so far in like the span of 3 days. This hasn't happened before. These are all the warnings and events that happened during that time:Windows failed fast startup with error...
  6. If I click 'Restart' the pc will turn off but not back on again.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    If I click 'Restart' the pc will turn off but not back on again.: Basically the title, if I click 'Restart' or if I update and the computer has to restarting during the update, it will turn off but not back on again, it will turn on to the point of being able to access BIOS but not further. I am able to turn it on again but turning off the...
  7. If I click 'Restart' the pc will turn off but not back on again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I click 'Restart' the pc will turn off but not back on again.: Basically the title, if I click 'Restart' or if I update and the computer has to restarting during the update, it will turn off but not back on again, it will turn on to the point of being able to access BIOS but not further. I am able to turn it on again but turning off the...
  8. If I click 'Restart' the pc will turn off but not back on again.

9. Restart when Turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart when Turning off: Hey y’all , idk nothing sadly about it but it’s happen to me a lot . I just press shutdown and it’s just restarting without saying anything. Now I only want to know why . My friend and I use the same settings and power option but it’s just for me and it’s Randomly which mean...
  10. When I restart pc it turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I restart pc it turns off: When I restart my pc it turns off but all the lights and fans are still on. When i shut it down it down it works perfectly fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-restart-pc-it-turns-off/79c267bb-44f8-4ec3-804a-80ff1f06cd2f