Windows 10: PC turns off when idle for a long time ~hour

Discus and support PC turns off when idle for a long time ~hour in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer turns itself off after off when not in use for more than an hour +-. The power setting is set not to sleep or hibernate Never. From looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by microUser25, Sep 6, 2021.

1. PC turns off when idle for a long time ~hour

My computer turns itself off after off when not in use for more than an hour +-. The power setting is set not to sleep or hibernate Never. From looking up in the Event Viewer, I found the following:"Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 9/6/2021 3:11:28 PMEvent ID: 41BugCheckCode: 159Task Category: 63Level: CriticalKeywords: 7036

:)

microUser25, Sep 6, 2021
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Sep 6, 2021
  3. jorog(2) Win User
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Sep 6, 2021
  4. PC turns off when idle for a long time ~hour

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Hi Jorog,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

• Since when you are facing this issue?
    • Is your computer up to date?
    Until you reply back to us with the required information, you may follow the below suggestions

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • You may create the new power plan by clicking on the Create a powerplan
      on left navigation pane.
    • Assign the name you wish to new power plan, click on Next and change the settings accordingly and click on
      Create.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings. (The power plan which you have created in the step 1
    • Set the Turn off the display to 5 minutes/any other time you wish.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

PC turns off when idle for a long time ~hour

1. PC turns off when idle for a long time ~hour - Similar Threads - turns off idle

2. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen never turns off when idle: Hello,I have a problem where my desktop computer's screens will not turn off after idling for the configured amount of minutes. I've checked to see if there was any application at all preventing the screens from turning off, but it doesn't seem like there is ever anything.PS...
  3. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen never turns off when idle: Hello,I have a problem where my desktop computer's screens will not turn off after idling for the configured amount of minutes. I've checked to see if there was any application at all preventing the screens from turning off, but it doesn't seem like there is ever anything.PS...
  4. Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle: Hi allI have a surface laptop studio and for reasons that I will not bore you with, I just had to re-install the entire machine. The reinstall is complete but the one thing that I have noticed is that despite me setting the power settings the way I like it,, the system will...
  5. Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle: Hi allI have a surface laptop studio and for reasons that I will not bore you with, I just had to re-install the entire machine. The reinstall is complete but the one thing that I have noticed is that despite me setting the power settings the way I like it,, the system will...
  6. Windows 10 turns itself off when idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 turns itself off when idle: I have set every possible visible and invisible setting to NOT shut down when idle and yet Windows 10 is shutting down when idle after a few minutes. This is wasting a lot of time besides being a total nuisance.I have already looked up the thread where the same question has...
  7. Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Display does not turn off when pc is idle: Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have try just about everything but I am still having the same issue as before. Microsoft does not help solve it....
  8. Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Display does not turn off when pc is idle: Dear Microsoft support center, Since the computer downloaded one of your updates, I have been having issues with my laptop computer. The screen saver mode doesn’t work, and the screen remains on when it is on idle windows 10. I have tried step by step what Microsoft...
  9. Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time: Greetings, and thank you for reading this thread. As the title states, my computer will turn off the display or go to sleep (not sure of correct terminology) when I go idle for a short period of time. For instance, I get up to get a glass of water and when I come back,...
  10. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen never turns off when idle: I've just upgraded my win 7 installation to win 10. The power and sleep setting was carried over, turn off screen after 5 minutes, but the monitors stay on forever. I checked the network adapters in the device manager (BT personal area network, BT RFCOMM, Realtek PCIe GBE...