Windows 10: PC turns off when only playing SMITE

Discus and support PC turns off when only playing SMITE in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have played SMITE for almost a year on my computer and was able to play on max settings for extended periods of time with no issues. Recently I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nick Hager, Jun 11, 2019.

1. PC turns off when only playing SMITE

I have played SMITE for almost a year on my computer and was able to play on max settings for extended periods of time with no issues. Recently I have run into a problem where my entire PC powers off suddenly with no warning while ONLY playing SMITE.

I have double checked temperatures and purchased a new CPU cooler along with a new PSU to see if these parts would solve my issue. I've reinstalled windows twice and reinstalled the game several times while validating the files through steam and on my computer. I have never had this issue with other games such as For Honor, Dauntless, and several other high performing games on max settings on my system.

:)

Nick Hager, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Sandman83 Win User

Crashes, BSOD's, usually while playing SMITE

I get the crashes while playing SMITE (or other games like WoW), it happens even if I'm not playing video games, but that's a rare thing.

Sandman83, Jun 11, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 11, 2019
  4. PC turns off when only playing SMITE

Error: missing msvcp110.dll and msvcr110.dll with message: not designed to run on Windows or are corrupted on Windows 10 while playing Smite game

Hi Aden,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are acing issues with accessing the game Smite, we will be help you with this issue.

• Were you able to check if the game is compatible on Windows 10?
    • Have you installed the game successfully?
    • What are all the troubleshooting steps you have tried in resolving this issue?

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to download and install
    Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
    and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the
    Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
    Enter.

3. After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

PC turns off when only playing SMITE

1. PC turns off when only playing SMITE - Similar Threads - turns off playing

2. Pc won´t boot when restarting, only when is turned off and on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won´t boot when restarting, only when is turned off and on: I can boot to win 11 normaly when my pc is off, but i can´t boot when restarting. it stays frozen on motherboard page asrock b550m phanton gaming and i can´t even press f11 or f2 for boot and bios options....
  3. Pc won´t boot when restarting, only when is turned off and on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won´t boot when restarting, only when is turned off and on: I can boot to win 11 normaly when my pc is off, but i can´t boot when restarting. it stays frozen on motherboard page asrock b550m phanton gaming and i can´t even press f11 or f2 for boot and bios options....
  4. PC turning off when I play games and watch something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turning off when I play games and watch something: Hey! So when I play any game and watch anything youtube, netflix ect my pc will freeze, two screens turn off, but the sound stays for a short time then needs to be reset. The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176This comes up before it...
  5. PC turning off when I play games and watch something

PC turning off when I play games and watch something: Hey! So when I play any game and watch anything youtube, netflix ect my pc will freeze, two screens turn off, but the sound stays for a short time then needs to be reset. The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176This comes up before it...
  6. PC get turn off when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC get turn off when playing certain games: Hi, is there anyone can help me? My PC get turn off not blue screen or black screen when playing certain games that consider not heavy like russian fishing 4 or ranch simulator, but when playing game like GTA V or Smackdown going smooth. Thank you* Moved from Community Center...
  7. PC get turn off when playing certain games

PC get turn off when playing certain games: Hi, is there anyone can help me? My PC get turn off not blue screen or black screen when playing certain games that consider not heavy like russian fishing 4 or ranch simulator, but when playing game like GTA V or Smackdown going smooth. Thank you* Moved from Community Center...
  8. Blue Screen only when playing games or shutting off PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen only when playing games or shutting off PC: I just got this laptop around March of 2022, a few months in it started to blue screen anytime I was playing a really intensive game. Games that are 2D or require very little to run haven't ever crashed my laptop, it's mainly ones that are 3D AAA games with really high...
  9. Blue Screen only when playing games or shutting off PC

Blue Screen only when playing games or shutting off PC: I just got this laptop around March of 2022, a few months in it started to blue screen anytime I was playing a really intensive game. Games that are 2D or require very little to run haven't ever crashed my laptop, it's mainly ones that are 3D AAA games with really high...
  10. Why the screen doesn't turn off when only playing music?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why the screen doesn't turn off when only playing music?: Sometimes I only play music on my laptop, without touching the keyboard and the mouse at all, but the screen doesn't turn off. the power plan settings say that it should turn off the display after 5 minutes when on battery and after 10 minutes when plugged in, but it's not...