Windows 10: PC turns off when only playing SMITE

Discus and support PC turns off when only playing SMITE in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have played SMITE for almost a year on my computer and was able to play on max settings for extended periods of time with no issues. Recently I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nick Hager, Jun 11, 2019.

1. PC turns off when only playing SMITE

I have played SMITE for almost a year on my computer and was able to play on max settings for extended periods of time with no issues. Recently I have run into a problem where my entire PC powers off suddenly with no warning while ONLY playing SMITE.

I have double checked temperatures and purchased a new CPU cooler along with a new PSU to see if these parts would solve my issue. I've reinstalled windows twice and reinstalled the game several times while validating the files through steam and on my computer. I have never had this issue with other games such as For Honor, Dauntless, and several other high performing games on max settings on my system.

:)

Nick Hager, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Sandman83 Win User

Crashes, BSOD's, usually while playing SMITE

I get the crashes while playing SMITE (or other games like WoW), it happens even if I'm not playing video games, but that's a rare thing.

Sandman83, Jun 11, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 11, 2019
  4. PC turns off when only playing SMITE

Error: missing msvcp110.dll and msvcr110.dll with message: not designed to run on Windows or are corrupted on Windows 10 while playing Smite game

Hi Aden,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are acing issues with accessing the game Smite, we will be help you with this issue.

• Were you able to check if the game is compatible on Windows 10?
    • Have you installed the game successfully?
    • What are all the troubleshooting steps you have tried in resolving this issue?

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to download and install
    Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
    and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the
    Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
    Enter.

3. After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

PC turns off when only playing SMITE

1. PC turns off when only playing SMITE - Similar Threads - turns off playing

2. When turning on the PC - BSOD Memory Management or turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When turning on the PC - BSOD Memory Management or turning off: Hello everybody, I`m having a problem for years, but now I can`t take it anymore, because it got worse. In 2015 I bought a new PC with one pair of RAM g.skill ripjaw 2*4gb ram. In 2017 I bought another pair of the same RAM. The problem started around that time. Everytime I...
  3. Turning 2.4GHz off/ Turning ONLY 5GHz On?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning 2.4GHz off/ Turning ONLY 5GHz On?: I don't want to "puck" anything up but I want to make sure that my combo router/ modem only uses the 5GHz (faster) band. I don't have any legacy items (I think) that only works with 2.4GHz so I want to see what happens if I force the 5GHz band to be the only one. I think I...
  4. When I restart pc it turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I restart pc it turns off: When I restart my pc it turns off but all the lights and fans are still on. When i shut it down it down it works perfectly fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-restart-pc-it-turns-off/79c267bb-44f8-4ec3-804a-80ff1f06cd2f
  5. PC not detecting when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC not detecting when monitor turns off: I have my PC connected to a TCL 4K TV via an Active HDMI cable. Unlike my Mac, which usually detects when an external monitor is off and brings windows to the active display, my PC does not know the difference between when the TV is on or off. So, whenever I want to turn it...
  6. PC not detecting when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not detecting when monitor turns off: I have my PC connected to a TCL 4K TV via an Active HDMI cable. Unlike my Mac, which usually detects when an external monitor is off and brings windows to the active display, my PC does not know the difference between when the TV is on or off. So, whenever I want to turn it...
  7. HELP ME ? PC PROBLEM SCREEN TURN OFF WHEN PLAY GAMES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP ME ? PC PROBLEM SCREEN TURN OFF WHEN PLAY GAMES: Hey guys, my pc turns on fine and i can watch Youtube and all that stuff but into 2-3 min in a game like Far Cry 5 my screen's (2) goes black My specs are 12gb ram , motherboard asus z97m plus, i5 4690k cpu, R9 280X radeon Video card My PSU is Cooler Master 600W...
  8. Lights on when PC is turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lights on when PC is turned off: Hi, I have a mouse and keyboard that have RGB lights. When I turn off my computer the lights stay on the keyboard and mouse (this happens when they are connected to the back of the computer, straight into the motherboard.... So I tried plugging them into the top front...
  9. PC not turning off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not turning off: i upgraded my Win 10 PC, new MB, CPU, RAM & HDD a while ago but not really used it too much The problem i have is that the PC doesn't shut down and clicking on start > shut down, it just reboots. When i press the on button on the case for 5+ seconds to turn the PC off it...
  10. Turn On/Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On/Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10: This obscure feature really had me going a few weeks ago, since when left alone, it creates a mysterious public network that you likely don't want. I leave it off now. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...b-7034f84f8744 55823