Windows 10: PC turns off when set to sleep

Discus and support PC turns off when set to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop. Every time I set my computer to go to sleep, the computer shuts down immediately instead. I have tried...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SharQEngel, Oct 30, 2019.

1. PC turns off when set to sleep

Running Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop. Every time I set my computer to go to sleep, the computer shuts down immediately instead. I have tried...

Changing my default power options (set to sleep in all categories)

Turning OFF fast startup (currently turned off)

Changing when hard disk turns off (set to 360 minutes)

Disabling all non-Microsoft services via system configuration (all currently set to disable)

Disabling all startup apps via task manager (all currently set to disabled)

Updating, disabling and rolling back Intel(r) management engine interface driver (currently enabled with version 9.5.24)

Running the Windows 10 troubleshooter power options (nothing found)

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions that would be awesome. If more information needed, please let me know

Thank you!!

:)

SharQEngel, Oct 30, 2019

2. PC turns on straight away after sleep mode is on

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you system is still on even if the sleep mode option is turned on. This might be due to the change in the power plan settings.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Type Power Options and then Enter.
    • In the left pane Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Select Restore default settings on this plan.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 30, 2019
  4. PC turns off when set to sleep

My pc is going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Sebastian,

Your PC might be set to sleep once it is idle for 5mins. For you to adjust this setting, we suggest looking into the
    Power Options advanced settings. Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • On your Preferred plans, click Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep and System unattended sleep timeout.
    • Set how many minutes you want your system to be left idle before it goes to sleep.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

PC turns off when set to sleep

1. PC turns off when set to sleep - Similar Threads - turns off set

2. Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping: I have a Dell Inspiron 16, purchased about 6 months ago and running Windows 11 Home. When I close the lid the laptop goes into sleep mode, but bluetooth continues to be active, which can make it difficult to pair my headset to my phone. I've verified that the bluetooth driver...
  3. Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping: I have a Dell Inspiron 16, purchased about 6 months ago and running Windows 11 Home. When I close the lid the laptop goes into sleep mode, but bluetooth continues to be active, which can make it difficult to pair my headset to my phone. I've verified that the bluetooth driver...
  4. My PC turns off the display sooner that it set. POWER AND SLEEP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC turns off the display sooner that it set. POWER AND SLEEP: Good Day I have encountered a problem whereby the display turns itself before the time it is set to do so. When this problem first occurred, I thought it was a quick fix solution as Screen Timeout is not really a major problem. I have done research about this particular...
  5. Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings

Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings: Hello - When my laptop display turns off after the number of minutes set in "When plugged in, turn off after" the computer goes to sleep even though it's not set to do so. It does not seem to matter what value is set for "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after", the...
  6. How to turn off Hybrid Sleep when PC is on battery or plugged in

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off Hybrid Sleep when PC is on battery or plugged in: [ATTACH]If you want to disable or turn off Hybrid Sleep when your Windows 10 […] This article How to turn off Hybrid Sleep when PC is on battery or plugged in first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode

Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode: I would like to know how, if it is possible, to have Windows 10 turn off Bluetooth when I send the computer to sleep by closing the lid. I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones that I use with both my laptop and with my mobile. When I am finished using my laptop and put it in...
  8. How to turn on sleep/turn off "Change settings so that the PC never goes to sleep when...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn on sleep/turn off "Change settings so that the PC never goes to sleep when...: Hi, how can I get my computer to sleep? Right now, the box is checked next to "Change settings so that the PC never goes to sleep" and, when unchecked, the "Apply" button goes gray and can't be clicked. My settings show that the PC should sleep after 20 minutes, but it...
  9. Turning off sound notifications when PC is in sleep mode

Turning off sound notifications when PC is in sleep mode: My desktop is in sleep mode but I keep hearing audio sounds that typically accompany notifications when the PC is active. I can not find a setting to silence the PC while it is sleeping. Clearly something that I should be able to control....
  10. PC won't turn off or go to sleep

PC won't turn off or go to sleep: So couple days ago I got this problem where my PC won't turn off or go to sleep, when I click it just says "Shuting Down" and suddenly "Welcome". I tried Disk Checkup and all but I couldn't fix this issue. And I have the newest update installed....