Windows 10: PC turns off whenever HDMI signal lost

Discus and support PC turns off whenever HDMI signal lost in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC will turn off/sleep whenever the HDMI signal is disconnected, either by turning the receiver off, or changing the receiver to a different input.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gusangora, Mar 3, 2019.

1. gusangora Win User

PC turns off whenever HDMI signal lost

My PC will turn off/sleep whenever the HDMI signal is disconnected, either by turning the receiver off, or changing the receiver to a different input. Once off, the PC will not turn on/wake unless the power button on case is pressed, despite bios set to wake on USB/mouse/keyboard/remote. All Power Management settings are set to "never" turn off. Connection is PC=>HDMI=>Receiver=>HDMI=>TV

How can I get the PC to stay awake? Or, at least 'wake' on USB input? Its particularly frustrating when I switch between pay TV provider STB and back to HTPC.

Steve

Mainboard Gigabyte H370 HD3-CF

CPU Intel Pentium Gold G5500

Intel Graphics 630

Sony SXRD KS70R200

Yamaha RXV3800

:)

gusangora, Mar 3, 2019

2. Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

HDMI Pass-Through does not work with all devices. Before attempting to set up an HDMI Pass-Through connection, you should make sure the source of the signal such as a Blu-ray player or Set Top Box, supports HDMI Pass-Through.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Did you try a different HDMI cable to connect your PC to the monitor?
    2. When you say "my pc will not display to my monitor", are you able to see any error message on it? For example: 'No signal'.

Meanwhile, try the below suggestions and check if this helps.

• If your monitor has an option in the Menu Button to switch the
      Input Source to HDMI Port, I would suggest you to try it.
    • Try completely disconnecting your Xbox from the computer and just connect your computer to the monitor and check if you are able to see the display on the monitor.
    • Make sure your display is plugged in and turned on.
    • Unplug the video cable from both your display and PC, and then reconnect them firmly. After you reconnect the video cable, try moving your mouse on your display.
    • Try connecting to different video outputs on your PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output.
    • If you have your own display adapter installed and connected to your display,
      try connecting your display to the built-in video on the motherboard.
    • Check for damaged HDMI cable, loose connections, or faulty adapters.

Hope it helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 3, 2019
  3. bha19 Win User
    no HDMI signal

I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still no signal. I then tried my VGA cable and all was working. I then tried my HDMI cable again and it worked until this afternoon when I was watching a video on the internet and the screen froze and said no HDMI signal. also when this happened I could hear my fan running loudly. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

bha19, Mar 3, 2019
  4. HatFlap Win User

No HDMI Signal Detected on PC

Hi! I am a gamer and became angry after dying, leading to me hitting my desk a couple of times. Just after doing so, my PC’s screen turned off and when I turned it back on, it said “no signal” reffering to the HDMI. The actual cord works perfectly fine,
    but it keeps sayibg no signal when plugged into the PC. I’m wondering what went wrong because the PC is still on, only the display won’t pop up. I’m not sure whether I just knocked out some wires in there or maybe broke the graphics card, any help will be
    appreciated.

Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

HatFlap, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. PC turns off whenever HDMI signal lost - Similar Threads - turns off whenever

2. pc no hdmi signal on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc no hdmi signal on boot: after getting an black screen my pc is not booting my ram and c drive works 100% percent because im using an differant computer with it can some one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-no-hdmi-signal-on-boot/a56a365f-d813-42e0-a635-b9ce38bdec94
  3. pc no hdmi signal on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc no hdmi signal on boot: after getting an black screen my pc is not booting my ram and c drive works 100% percent because im using an differant computer with it can some one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-no-hdmi-signal-on-boot/a56a365f-d813-42e0-a635-b9ce38bdec94
  4. pc no hdmi signal on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HDMi signal drops outs with heavy load devices turning on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMi signal drops outs with heavy load devices turning on or off: my church have multiple projectors .its input are Short HDMI cables to a splitter to a single input source also short its then goes to a cat6 converter 20 meters cable to another convertor hdmi into a AV controlled. but any time any device with a heavy load goes on or off the...
  6. HDMi signal drops outs with heavy load devices turning on or off

HDMi signal drops outs with heavy load devices turning on or off: my church have multiple projectors .its input are Short HDMI cables to a splitter to a single input source also short its then goes to a cat6 converter 20 meters cable to another convertor hdmi into a AV controlled. but any time any device with a heavy load goes on or off the...
  7. HDMi signal drops outs with heavy load devices turning on or off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. DP/HDMI Display Signal Randomly is Lost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DP/HDMI Display Signal Randomly is Lost: I have spent days trying to troubleshoot this issue and am at my wits end with it. I have tried EVERYTHING i can find. Here is a quick list:Reset Bios to optimized settingsreinstalled windows fully over 10+ times with a usb drive, online/offline bothSystem Restore...
  9. DP/HDMI Display Signal Randomly is Lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DP/HDMI Display Signal Randomly is Lost: I have spent days trying to troubleshoot this issue and am at my wits end with it. I have tried EVERYTHING i can find. Here is a quick list:Reset Bios to optimized settingsreinstalled windows fully over 10+ times with a usb drive, online/offline bothSystem Restore...
  10. DP/HDMI Display Signal Randomly is Lost

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus motherboard turns off removing hdmi

2. pc sometimes monitor says no hdmi but when i turn off and turn on its okay

3. lost hdmi signal pc