Windows 10: PC unable to boot after Clean Installation

Discus and support PC unable to boot after Clean Installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I did a windows 10 clean install on my used Asus d550ma. It no longer boots or start up to windows. 1st it showed PC unable to reset and repeatedly did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AprilDanielle, Aug 12, 2019.

1. PC unable to boot after Clean Installation

I did a windows 10 clean install on my used Asus d550ma. It no longer boots or start up to windows. 1st it showed PC unable to reset and repeatedly did an automatic repair and diagnose which failed each time. So I tried using the options in the advanced recovery method after hard resetting it a few times without creating any type of restore or back up for files including windows 10, all admin user and recovery drives. Also I think I either formatted or deleted everything in the local c drive and f drive. As u see Im not PC smart at all and I may have disbled my whole laptop because now when PC boots/start up/restarts it goes to a blue screen saying

pc ran into a problem

need to restart

stop code (CRITICAL PROCESS DIED)

sometimes it gets stuck on 100% and I jus turn it off and back on manually or it restarts and goes to a blue recovery screen saying

pc couldn't restart properly

Required device isnt connected or cant be accessed.

Error code 0xc000000f.

I tried booting in all options shown at the bottom and still nothing. So Im basically lost and confused as what the issue is, the cause of it and how can i fix it. Im hoping I didn't completely wreck my laptop and have to get a new one or dont have to spend a lot money on repairs.

:)

AprilDanielle, Aug 12, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Aug 12, 2019
  4. PC unable to boot after Clean Installation

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

PC unable to boot after Clean Installation

1. PC unable to boot after Clean Installation - Similar Threads - unable boot Clean

2. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login after performing clean boot: My Vostro 5402 was having problem allocating virtual memory not related to the current topic so I thought it might be having problem loading settings so I decided to listen to guides on the internet and do a clean boot. However, after restarting the lock screen said there was...
  3. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login after performing clean boot: My Vostro 5402 was having problem allocating virtual memory not related to the current topic so I thought it might be having problem loading settings so I decided to listen to guides on the internet and do a clean boot. However, after restarting the lock screen said there was...
  4. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to Access PC After Clean Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Access PC After Clean Boot: Pursuing a problem on a game, I unfortunately made a foolish mistake in following a support tutorial on how to clean boot, that didn't tell me to hide Microsoft services, and I disabled them all, and restarted. At least that's what I think is the cause. The result is that I...
  6. Unable to Access PC After Clean Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access PC After Clean Boot: Pursuing a problem on a game, I unfortunately made a foolish mistake in following a support tutorial on how to clean boot, that didn't tell me to hide Microsoft services, and I disabled them all, and restarted. At least that's what I think is the cause. The result is that I...
  7. Unable to Access PC After Clean Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation: I reinstalled windows 10 20H2 in my windows 8.1 with bing lenovo laptop. After reinstalling windows 10, the pc restarts but stuck in black screen, black with backlight only, not even showing lenovo logo. But when I forced restart through power button, the pc boot without...
  9. Unable to boot PC after installing updates

Unable to boot PC after installing updates: hi up until a few weeks ago my pc was working fine,then while I was out my daughter accepted an update from then on my pc won't load desktop! also task manager. I've tried a couple of youtube options to no avail. I left it as I got stressed now I want it to work. can...
  10. Unable to boot into Clean install with GPU Installed

Unable to boot into Clean install with GPU Installed: Hey Everyone I've recently tried installing windows 10 on my machine and run into a problem.So far im unable to get passed the windows boot screen with the spinning circle getting stuck or none at all.But when I either remove my gpu(980ti) from the system or boot into safe...