Windows 10: PC unable to boot after update

Discus and support PC unable to boot after update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an hp pavilion with an AMD ryzen 3 processer, SSD and HDD, and rx550 gpu. After a Windows 10 update about a week ago, my pc boots in this order:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JaredTaylor1, Jul 31, 2019.

1. PC unable to boot after update

I have an hp pavilion with an AMD ryzen 3 processer, SSD and HDD, and rx550 gpu. After a Windows 10 update about a week ago, my pc boots in this order: HP splash screen, snow screen (like a tv snow screen), crash, then reboot.

I have completed 3 fresh installs of Windows and wiping the SSD (so the ssd is a boot drive), hardware check on RAM and both hard drives, BIOS setting reset, bootrec.exe sequence, and multiple remedies.

The only thing that worked was disabling auto updates and doing startup repair (which blocked a windows defender update), but then windows auto updated and now it wont start.

If i need to clean wipe my SSD again Im strongly considering enacting my warrantee amd getting my money back.

:)

JaredTaylor1, Jul 31, 2019
  2. Darshan J Win User

Windows update failed and unable to boot

Hi Chrissy,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

• Have you made any recent software/hardware changes to the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or code when trying to boot into the computer?
    When installing updates it puts message “Do not shut down your machine”, if you unplug the AC adapter or turn off the computer Chances are:

• Windows resuming the installation process next time you shutdown.
    • A non-vital program file becomes corrupted and causes some feature of the OS to become unusable and crash.
    As an initial step I would suggest you to unplug all external devices if connected and then try to boot the computer by plugging in the AC adapter and check if you are able to boot the computer.

If the computer boots make sure all the updates are installed and then you can login to user Interface.

If you still not able to unable to get the in Windows Bootable environment I Would suggest you contact your manufacturer.

Get back to us if your require more help on this query.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

PC unable to boot after update

Windows Creators Update: Renders my PC Unable to Boot

Hi Aaron,

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode.
    This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start Menu and select Control Panel.
    • On the upper-right window, under View
      by, click Category and select
      Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

PC unable to boot after update

1. PC unable to boot after update - Similar Threads - unable boot update

2. Unable to boot after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot after Windows update: I've been running Windows 11. After an attempted windows update yesterday to 22H2, I'm unable to fully boot. It never gets to the Windows logo and tries to repair itself and fails during startup. I can still open a terminal, view all the files, etc. and have a bootable USB I...
  3. Unable to boot after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot after Windows update: I've been running Windows 11. After an attempted windows update yesterday to 22H2, I'm unable to fully boot. It never gets to the Windows logo and tries to repair itself and fails during startup. I can still open a terminal, view all the files, etc. and have a bootable USB I...
  4. PC Not Booting After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Not Booting After Update: HiI installed a windows update yesterday and my PC will not boot since.It takes me to the repair options but none of them work. I have tried auto repair, uninstall last updates both options but do not work. Can't get past the repair options.Any suggestions?...
  5. PC Not Booting After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Not Booting After Update: HiI installed a windows update yesterday and my PC will not boot since.It takes me to the repair options but none of them work. I have tried auto repair, uninstall last updates both options but do not work. Can't get past the repair options.Any suggestions?...
  6. PC Not Booting After Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to boot after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot after Windows update: Yesterday, I had installed minor Windows update I don't remember the exact version, it was some minor update to my 1903 Windows. When update installed and requested restart, I had restarted the computer, but booted into another OS I have on separate HDD. I continued to work...
  8. Unable to boot PC after installing updates

Unable to boot PC after installing updates: hi up until a few weeks ago my pc was working fine,then while I was out my daughter accepted an update from then on my pc won't load desktop! also task manager. I've tried a couple of youtube options to no avail. I left it as I got stressed now I want it to work. can...
  9. Unable to boot the PC after latest Windows Update.

Unable to boot the PC after latest Windows Update.: [IMG]n Every option brings me back here, because it can't troublshoot properly. ***Modified title from: Latest windows update doesn't seem to work. ***...
  10. PC not booting after an update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC not booting after an update: I been running 10 for about a week and this morning it rebooted for an update. Now I have message" reboot and select proper boot device or insert media in selected boot device and press any key" *Sad I tried the Windows 10 dvd I made but all it seems to do is install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to boot pc after update