Windows 10: PC unresponsive after being woken up from the screens turning off after not being used

Discus and support PC unresponsive after being woken up from the screens turning off after not being used in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been having an issue recently where if my computer screens turn off after being idle for a certain amount of time, when I hit a key or move my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Adam Green1, Sep 25, 2022.

1. PC unresponsive after being woken up from the screens turning off after not being used

I have been having an issue recently where if my computer screens turn off after being idle for a certain amount of time, when I hit a key or move my mouse to wake it up, my pc will wake up but is unresponsive. I can't move my mouse and no keys I press are registered. The only way to get it to unfreeze is to manually restart my pc. The simple solution is to just put my screen setting to turn off never, but I'm worried there are other underlying issues. Anyone have something similar occur and are there fixes? Thanks.

:)

Adam Green1, Sep 25, 2022

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 25, 2022
  4. billyboi Win User

PC unresponsive after being woken up from the screens turning off after not being used

Touch screen unresponsive after driver update

Dell SX2210T Flat panel touchscreen monitor unresponsive to touch after Automatic update of "NextWindow driver update for NextWindow 1950 UCS Compliant Touch Screen" in Windows 10.10240 and Tech preview 10.10525.

This is the wrong driver for this touchscreen but I am unable to find a means of uninstalling it.

It is not listed in the list of installed updates.

The correct driver is shown in Device manager for the screen.

Any suggestions please?

billyboi, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

PC unresponsive after being woken up from the screens turning off after not being used

1. PC unresponsive after being woken up from the screens turning off after not being used - Similar Threads - unresponsive being woken

2. Pc becomes unresponsive shortly after being turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc becomes unresponsive shortly after being turned on: So I booted up my pc, and after about 10 sec. The pc becomes almost unresponsive, can't open any apps, setting etc. I can still move thing around, and if I manege to open taskmaneger on those 10 sec. It still works. After restarting it still happens I think it happened after...
  3. Pc becomes unresponsive shortly after being turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc becomes unresponsive shortly after being turned on: So I booted up my pc, and after about 10 sec. The pc becomes almost unresponsive, can't open any apps, setting etc. I can still move thing around, and if I manege to open taskmaneger on those 10 sec. It still works. After restarting it still happens I think it happened after...
  4. PC unresponsive after being woken up from the screens turning off after not being used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unresponsive after being woken up from the screens turning off after not being used: I have been having an issue recently where if my computer screens turn off after being idle for a certain amount of time, when I hit a key or move my mouse to wake it up, my pc will wake up but is unresponsive. I can't move my mouse and no keys I press are registered. The...
  5. PC unresponsive after being woken up from the screens turning off after not being used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC unresponsive after being woken up from the screens turning off after not being used: I have been having an issue recently where if my computer screens turn off after being idle for a certain amount of time, when I hit a key or move my mouse to wake it up, my pc will wake up but is unresponsive. I can't move my mouse and no keys I press are registered. The...
  6. Display turns off after being idle for ~30s

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display turns off after being idle for ~30s: I have a Thikpad connected via usb c to my display and it keeps turning off my display and puts computer to sleep so I have to login if I'm idle for less that a minute. I've tried to change the power options to extend the time when my display turns off, but it doesn't seem to...
  7. Windows being Unresponsive after the Update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows being Unresponsive after the Update.: I updated my windows to the latest version Feb Update both on my Desktop and Laptop, but my laptop became unresponsive after this update. I am having problems with my MS Accounts, I can only use 1 of my accounts, and the settings app is crashing after some time after we go to...
  8. Windows being Unresponsive after the Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows being Unresponsive after the Update.: I updated my windows to the latest version Feb Update both on my Desktop and Laptop, but my laptop became unresponsive after this update. I am having a problem with my MS Accounts, I can only use 1 of my accounts, and settings app is crashing after some time after we go to...
  9. Screen Brightness being unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Brightness being unresponsive: I've tried adjusting the slider on the display section of settings with no result. I've also checked the display drivers and I've gotten a prompt that my display drivers are up to date. The only time my screen brightness changes is if I adjust the screen brightness and...
  10. Computer Re-Loads Everything After Being Woken Up From Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Re-Loads Everything After Being Woken Up From Sleep.: When I wake my computer up from sleep the apps will be there but other than that it behaves like a normal startup after shutdown. After awhile it will only respond t the power button. Once it wakes up it re loads everything. Another thing it does is it will go through the...