Windows 10: PC Unresponsive after Windows Update

Discus and support PC Unresponsive after Windows Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated and restarted my PC today, Jan 17 2021. After rebooting, I noticed that the task bar was not responsive - it shows the loading symbol when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mints28, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Mints28 Win User

PC Unresponsive after Windows Update

I updated and restarted my PC today, Jan 17 2021. After rebooting, I noticed that the task bar was not responsive - it shows the loading symbol when I put my cursor over it, and I cannot use the windows key to open either the Start menu, or use any shortcuts. I can access the task manager, I have restarted explorer.exe using that as well as the cmd line. I cannot update any drivers, or roll back my windows update, as I cannot open settings whatsoever. When I try to open settings using the cmd prompt start ms-settings: I get an error message File system error -2144927436

:)

Mints28, Jan 17, 2022
  2. John Vil Win User

Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jan 17, 2022
  3. billyboi Win User
    Touch screen unresponsive after driver update

Dell SX2210T Flat panel touchscreen monitor unresponsive to touch after Automatic update of "NextWindow driver update for NextWindow 1950 UCS Compliant Touch Screen" in Windows 10.10240 and Tech preview 10.10525.

This is the wrong driver for this touchscreen but I am unable to find a means of uninstalling it.

It is not listed in the list of installed updates.

The correct driver is shown in Device manager for the screen.

Any suggestions please?

billyboi, Jan 17, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC Unresponsive after Windows Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

1. PC Unresponsive after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Unresponsive Update

2. Random unresponsiveness and hang after recent Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random unresponsiveness and hang after recent Windows updates: Hi, I have been experiencing with some really frustrating system issues after the January update. The system would randomly become unresponsive, and clicking on any app icon will not do anything. Startup menu will show up but clicking on the search bar doesn't do anything...
  3. Random unresponsiveness and hang after recent Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random unresponsiveness and hang after recent Windows updates: Hi, I have been experiencing with some really frustrating system issues after the January update. The system would randomly become unresponsive, and clicking on any app icon will not do anything. Startup menu will show up but clicking on the search bar doesn't do anything...
  4. Your update crashes my laptop, it becomes unresponsive, screen got flickering

Your update crashes my laptop, it becomes unresponsive, screen got flickering: I am using asus vivobook X540U. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-update-crashes-my-laptop-it-becomes/576709fd-57a1-447d-9e19-43908f9adb59
  5. Your update crashes my laptop, it becomes unresponsive, screen got flickering

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your update crashes my laptop, it becomes unresponsive, screen got flickering: I am using asus vivobook X540U. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-update-crashes-my-laptop-it-becomes/576709fd-57a1-447d-9e19-43908f9adb59
  6. Your update crashes my laptop, it becomes unresponsive, screen got flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows becomes unresponsive after installing the windows 11 23H2 update. can anyone help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows becomes unresponsive after installing the windows 11 23H2 update. can anyone help...: After updating to windows 11 23H2 the system becomes unresponsive very frequently. The whole system doesn't respond when this happens, and the task manager also freezes. Even the shutdown animation keeps on running without shutting the system down for hours. Hoping to fix...
  8. Windows becomes unresponsive after installing the windows 11 23H2 update. can anyone help...

Windows becomes unresponsive after installing the windows 11 23H2 update. can anyone help...: After updating to windows 11 23H2 the system becomes unresponsive very frequently. The whole system doesn't respond when this happens, and the task manager also freezes. Even the shutdown animation keeps on running without shutting the system down for hours. Hoping to fix...
  9. I did a Windows 11 update and now have a flashing screen; computer is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did a Windows 11 update and now have a flashing screen; computer is unresponsive: About a month ago, I let my HP Envy x360 do an update for Windows 11. After I restarted and logged in, the screen starting flashing. It flashes between all white and my usual desktop background. The computer is unresponsive EXCEPT for the following:1. Control-alt-delete...
  10. I did a Windows 11 update and now have a flashing screen; computer is unresponsive

I did a Windows 11 update and now have a flashing screen; computer is unresponsive: About a month ago, I let my HP Envy x360 do an update for Windows 11. After I restarted and logged in, the screen starting flashing. It flashes between all white and my usual desktop background. The computer is unresponsive EXCEPT for the following:1. Control-alt-delete...