Windows 10: PC updated windows and now it isnt picking up my headphones when I plug them in.

Discus and support PC updated windows and now it isnt picking up my headphones when I plug them in. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; yesterday I got it working by switching it off, plugging in the headphones and then switching it on again but if I unplug it and then plug it in again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bat_doge69, Nov 13, 2019.

1. PC updated windows and now it isnt picking up my headphones when I plug them in.

yesterday I got it working by switching it off, plugging in the headphones and then switching it on again but if I unplug it and then plug it in again later then it doesn't pick it up.

I have updated and reinstalled the realtek audio drivers but I'm pretty lost on what to do next.

any help would be greatly appreciated

submitted by /u/bat_doge69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bat_doge69, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Nov 13, 2019
  3. txstoby Win User
    Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Nov 13, 2019
  4. PC updated windows and now it isnt picking up my headphones when I plug them in.

Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

PC updated windows and now it isnt picking up my headphones when I plug them in.

1. PC updated windows and now it isnt picking up my headphones when I plug them in. - Similar Threads - updated isnt picking

2. My audio devices won't pick up when i plug them into my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio devices won't pick up when i plug them into my pc.: I have bought new speakers and a new computer but I have no audio. My computer doesn't have any drivers. my headphones don't work when I plug them into my computer but when I plug them into my ps5 controller thats connected they work. I don't know why it won't work but I need...
  3. My audio devices won't pick up when i plug them into my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio devices won't pick up when i plug them into my pc.: I have bought new speakers and a new computer but I have no audio. My computer doesn't have any drivers. my headphones don't work when I plug them into my computer but when I plug them into my ps5 controller thats connected they work. I don't know why it won't work but I need...
  4. My Headset isnt picking my voice up but will pick up and other audio on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Headset isnt picking my voice up but will pick up and other audio on my pc: As stated above it started out of the blue my microphone would just start echoing everyone in party chat while I was using Xbox game bar and discord is also now doing the same I tried a few fixes but they were temporary...
  5. My Headset isnt picking my voice up but will pick up and other audio on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Headset isnt picking my voice up but will pick up and other audio on my pc: As stated above it started out of the blue my microphone would just start echoing everyone in party chat while I was using Xbox game bar and discord is also now doing the same I tried a few fixes but they were temporary...
  6. My Headset isnt picking my voice up but will pick up and other audio on my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. why does my headphones buzz when i plug them in my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why does my headphones buzz when i plug them in my pc: when i plug basically any headset into my pc theres a buzzing sound and there cna be peeping sounds too.. and something else that ive noticed is that its like i can hear the things i do on my computer in my headphones like when i move my mouse i can hear the buzzing almost...
  8. My headphones arent popping up anywhere when I plug them in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headphones arent popping up anywhere when I plug them in: So I recently got a pc and windows is not activated. When I plug in my headphones, nothing pops up for them, the only thing that ever comes up is "Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)" and "Digital Audio (HDMI) (2- High Definition Audio Device)", sound...
  9. headphone is plugged in but windows says it isnt

headphone is plugged in but windows says it isnt: hi so i was playing games and on several i noticed that my push to talk wouldnt work at all no matter what key i bound it to. i was looking through sound settings to set my headphones as default input when i noticed it says it wasnt connected. sound still comes out perfectly...
  10. Laptop not switching to headphones when I plug them in

Laptop not switching to headphones when I plug them in: Recently I've had an issue with my laptop where if I plug in headphones (ANY headphones) it will continue to play sound through my laptop's speakers. If I reinstall my audio driver with my headphones plugged in, however, the sound will play through my headphones until they...